Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 15, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #5,237 of 12,007
Hi @MOONDROP for your black matte KXXS that is gonna be releasing soon, is the tuning similar to the previous KXXS?

Looks very elegant!

Capture.PNG

May 15, 2020 at 11:56 PM Post #5,240 of 12,007
Hi @MOONDROP for your black matte KXXS that is gonna be releasing soon, is the tuning similar to the previous KXXS?

Looks very elegant!

Maybe after SSR is released bcz it's a massdrop collab. It's going to be different a little bit different as i was told, because of different driver used. Kxxs going to use LCP driver

May 16, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #5,241 of 12,007
Maybe after SSR is released bcz it's a massdrop collab. It's going to be different a little bit different as i was told, because of different driver used. Kxxs going to use LCP driver

Yeah it seems it is a different driver from the original KXXS, but would be interested if Moondrop could provide FR if possible.

Ever since the Starfield came out, it seems most reviewers said they sound pretty close to the KXXS, so it wouldn't be that cost effective to get the original KXXS considering its price compared to Starfield. But if this black matte KXXS has a different tuning, it might be worth considering.

May 16, 2020 at 12:08 AM Post #5,243 of 12,007
there will be two models, this is the neutral one, the we were still seeking names and deciding tuning for the bassy one, will be released slightly later than the Super Spaceship Reference.
Why not calling it Stardust?

May 16, 2020 at 12:40 AM Post #5,244 of 12,007
Yeah it seems it is a different driver from the original KXXS, but would be interested if Moondrop could provide FR if possible.

Ever since the Starfield came out, it seems most reviewers said they sound pretty close to the KXXS, so it wouldn't be that cost effective to get the original KXXS considering its price compared to Starfield. But if this black matte KXXS has a different tuning, it might be worth considering.
they say it's similar still, maybe less bassy than a CNT driver iem

May 16, 2020 at 1:24 AM Post #5,245 of 12,007
they say it's similar still, maybe less bassy than a CNT driver iem

Well if it is similar to the original KXXS, I'll probably give it a miss at the asking price. Starfield seems to have better price to performance ratio. Well I'm also looking forward to the new budget models too.

May 16, 2020 at 1:31 AM Post #5,246 of 12,007
Well if it is similar to the original KXXS, I'll probably give it a miss at the asking price. Starfield seems to have better price to performance ratio. Well I'm also looking forward to the new budget models too.
yea, they said the price going to be between the kxxs & starfield, also it's just a massdrop exclusive collab

May 16, 2020 at 7:57 AM Post #5,250 of 12,007
Why not calling it Stardust?
Management want to emphasize it's bass tuning by selecting something that mentions the rhythm or tempo, so they were having problem decide.

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back