Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 24, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #5,086 of 11,982
Just received the Blessing 2. Very nice build and fit is not as bad as I thought. Tonality is pretty much spot on for me. It is quite rare that I don’t need to EQ anything. Bass might be little light for some, but I feel it’s nicely weighed and nimble. Dynamic is little lacking so not as exciting and vivid sounding as some other iems like H40 and i3.

Apr 24, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #5,087 of 11,982
I listen around 50-70% volume usually. Just before the red zone

Hmm looks like I need to find a different Galaxy S10 to try. I just received the Blessing 2s today and sensitivity/volume is lower to what I use for ER2XR - about 8%-15%. But that's in line with my table above. So I could have a bad phone.

Either that, or you listen at very loud volumes :sweat_smile: . Anyone else have a Galaxy S10?

Apr 24, 2020 at 10:12 PM Post #5,088 of 11,982
Hmm looks like I need to find a different Galaxy S10 to try. I just received the Blessing 2s today and sensitivity/volume is lower to what I use for ER2XR - about 8%-15%. But that's in line with my table above. So I could have a bad phone.

Either that, or you listen at very loud volumes :sweat_smile: . Anyone else have a Galaxy S10?
I did listen quite loud, so it's probably not your phone's fault.

Apr 25, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #5,089 of 11,982
S8.jpg

I’m really happy with the S8. It is the first BA design I’ve owned with more than 4 total drivers. I always wondered whether there would be phase anomalies with multi-BA designs, but I feel the S8 is very coherent sounding, very clean with nice sub-bass detail which I like a lot. The 3K bump is not a problem for me, and the fit is the most comfortable of any IEM I’ve ever owned.

Since the S8 is the first Chi-Fi earphone I’ve owned, I’ve been looking at other Chinese models like the Fearless S8F, Thieaudio Legacy 9, and the Tanchjim Oxygen. I actually picked up the Oxygen recently and like how it sounds as well. There is really good value in these better quality Chinese IEMs, it’s opened me up to a new world of possibilities.

Apr 25, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #5,090 of 11,982
Got this on loan today yeet.
Will have impression on the upcoming day
20200426_002533.jpg

Apr 26, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #5,092 of 11,982
I’m really happy with the S8. It is the first BA design I’ve owned with more than 4 total drivers. I always wondered whether there would be phase anomalies with multi-BA designs, but I feel the S8 is very coherent sounding, very clean with nice sub-bass detail which I like a lot. The 3K bump is not a problem for me, and the fit is the most comfortable of any IEM I’ve ever owned.

Since the S8 is the first Chi-Fi earphone I’ve owned, I’ve been looking at other Chinese models like the Fearless S8F, Thieaudio Legacy 9, and the Tanchjim Oxygen. I actually picked up the Oxygen recently and like how it sounds as well. There is really good value in these better quality Chinese IEMs, it’s opened me up to a new world of possibilities.

I think S8 are end-game worthy, anything else is side-grade. Hard to find fault at this price. I think they nailed the pure BA iem game.

Hopefully Moondrop moves onto miniaturized planars or those exotic beryllium DDs. :L3000:

Apr 26, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #5,093 of 11,982
I think S8 are end-game worthy, anything else is side-grade. Hard to find fault at this price. I think they nailed the pure BA iem game.

Hopefully Moondrop moves onto miniaturized planars or those exotic beryllium DDs. :L3000:
Beryllium is coming. One whit reference tuning. Another whit fun tuning

Apr 26, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #5,094 of 11,982
Last edited:
Apr 26, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #5,096 of 11,982
Just try Starfield in a store, sound is ok, fit also ok but isolation is dealbreaker, it's terrible and only slightly better with foam tip (but still below average and much below my expectation). Any idea to improve this issue ?

I value isolation a lot in my IEMs for transit and stage monitoring, and found usually the vented sets (common in Dynamic driver setups such as the Starfield) are not as good in isolation as unvented sets. Foam tips can help a bit, but if u can afford it, one option is customized eartips, which are more expensive than regular tips.

Otherwise if isolation is an important criteria, in general it is best to look for ANC gear, custom IEMs or small bean shaped BA types (that ain't vented).

Apr 26, 2020 at 10:48 PM Post #5,097 of 11,982
Or if you really want an IEM with a DD, a hybrid design where everything is tubed, including the DD, can provide excellent isolation, because the vent is not connected to the nozzle. The Legacy 3 is such a design. My UE CIEMs have 2 DDs that are both tubed. Isolation is outstanding with them, despite there being a vent.

Seeing as this is a Moondrop thread, the Blessing 2 is also designed this way.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #5,098 of 11,982
Does anyone have a link to a balanced 2.5mm cable for the Moondrop Starfield?

Apr 27, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #5,099 of 11,982
Apr 27, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #5,100 of 11,982
get anyone you like it should be 2 pin 0.78
I’ve tried to look on Amazon, but can’t seem to easily find 2.5mm balanced two-pin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back