Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 12, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #3,001 of 12,011
Love my Kanas pro but love the No.3 a tad more due to bass. But not the metal one the $109 plastic shell graphs just like the metal one and sounds like it too. Not worth $300 for metal shell unless money is no issue. For the rest of folks the TFZ No.3 is really nice.

Enjoy the Oxygen a lot but nozzle and design makes it hard for me to get a good seal. Those folks tuned a great IEM. If they offered a "Pro" version that was identical with a slightly longer stem I'd be all over that.

i wonder with the amount of chi fi and good value chi fi around. how does the ex800st conpared to them in your opinion?

how does this 8 years old (is it 8 or 6?) iem hold up against the test of time

Jun 12, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #3,002 of 12,011
i wonder with the amount of chi fi and good value chi fi around. how does the ex800st conpared to them in your opinion?

how does this 8 years old (is it 8 or 6?) iem hold up against the test of time

Not addressed to me, I know, but my feeling is, EX800 is more stable, consistent and versatile across the genres - compared to KPE at least. I sold my KP due to possible fit issues and not being able to experience what people here seem to be hearing. For me, EX800 reproduces bass spectrum better than KP, which is a bit mid bass shy, and seems to me more natural throughout the FQs. I found some vocals a bit shouty (with my gear, I hasten to add) on KP at times. A bit...thin perhaps? Just not the way I like them...or how I'd expect to hear them live. EX800 just seems to be more naturally fun. Hope that helps.
Can't speak for comparison with No3. In respect of other Chi-fi...it also beats all the others I've tried (Crescent, T2, CCA C16, ****, DM6) but only fractionally ahead of IT01. I know...I'm a bit weird liking IT01, eh!? I'm just not a massive fan of BA's and IT01 is special with the cable and set up I have.

Jun 12, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #3,003 of 12,011
Not addressed to me, I know, but my feeling is, EX800 is more stable, consistent and versatile across the genres - compared to KPE at least. I sold my KP due to possible fit issues and not being able to experience what people here seem to be hearing. For me, EX800 reproduces bass spectrum better than KP, which is a bit mid bass shy, and seems to me more natural throughout the FQs. I found some vocals a bit shouty (with my gear, I hasten to add) on KP at times. A bit...thin perhaps? Just not the way I like them...or how I'd expect to hear them live. EX800 just seems to be more naturally fun. Hope that helps.
Can't speak for comparison with No3. In respect of other Chi-fi...it also beats all the others I've tried (Crescent, T2, CCA C16, ****, DM6) but only fractionally ahead of IT01. I know...I'm a bit weird liking IT01, eh!? I'm just not a massive fan of BA's and IT01 is special with the cable and set up I have.

its okay. because ive been thinking of an upgrade and getting a used ex800st sounds like a good idea

Jun 12, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #3,004 of 12,011
its okay. because ive been thinking of an upgrade and getting a used ex800st sounds like a good idea
It's an IEM everyone should have, especially for under $200.
Some people say it's a bit hot on the treble. Take no notice. That was DM6, not EX800 :wink:
EX800 is a classic case of less is more. Who needs loads of drivers?

Jun 12, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #3,005 of 12,011
Got a question here regarding balance cable that i received yesterday. Ive found the cable made my KPE sounds muffled. Less dynamic, sound saperation is bad..

Does it mean the balance cable that i bought is that bad? It's Kimboofi 2.5mm 2pin $19.99 on amazon.

Jun 12, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #3,006 of 12,011
It's an IEM everyone should have, especially for under $200.
Some people say it's a bit hot on the treble. Take no notice. That was DM6, not EX800 :wink:
EX800 is a classic case of less is more. Who needs loads of drivers?
yup i got it should be here at the end of june or early july.

can't wait for them and i will compare it to moondrop totl line, the A8.

i feel the ex800st will be on the same level as a8 but who knows i will do the test with 3 other friends and see if we have the same general consensus.

Jun 12, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #3,007 of 12,011
Got a question here regarding balance cable that i received yesterday. Ive found the cable made my KPE sounds muffled. Less dynamic, sound saperation is bad..

Does it mean the balance cable that i bought is that bad? It's Kimboofi 2.5mm 2pin $19.99 on amazon.

Very possible, I find the cables to make a pretty big difference and the KPE standard cable is of high quality.
Not only the conductor material but the insulator and the geometry seem to have a significant influence.
I have a pure silver cable that is very similar to the KPE cable and it has very good clarity, separation and soundstage.
(different IEM though)

Jun 12, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #3,008 of 12,011
Very possible, I find the cables to make a pretty big difference and the KPE standard cable is of high quality.
Not only the conductor material but the insulator and the geometry seem to have a significant influence.
I have a pure silver cable that is very similar to the KPE cable and it has very good clarity, separation and soundstage.
(different IEM though)
is it possible of the wrong "dot" orientation. I dont even know how to line up the "dot" on the cable to the earphones. Does it will affect anything?

Jun 12, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #3,009 of 12,011

Dudeeeee.. he prefer the tfz no 3 rather than KP! and he recommended the vanilla no3 to the TI version. I think now is clear that probably they just change the shell to metal, use same driver and bit different tuning, pu nicer cable and sold for $300. Damnnn that TFZ no 3 (normal/vanilla) version looks tempting and hold big value. Someone with KP want to "upgrade" to this no 3??
I'm very tempted since he said, got nicer bass, more impact, not bleed to mid at all, same mids with kanas pro, same treble, etc.

Kanas Pro default cable is better than the Kinboofi i think, and it cost at least double price of your new cable

Jun 12, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #3,010 of 12,011
Dudeeeee.. he prefer the tfz no 3 rather than KP! and he recommended the vanilla no3 to the TI version. I think now is clear that probably they just change the shell to metal, use same driver and bit different tuning, pu nicer cable and sold for $300. Damnnn that TFZ no 3 (normal/vanilla) version looks tempting and hold big value. Someone with KP want to "upgrade" to this no 3??
I'm very tempted since he said, got nicer bass, more impact, not bleed to mid at all, same mids with kanas pro, same treble, etc.

Kanas Pro default cable is better than the Kinboofi i think, and it cost at least double price of your new cable

As ti no3 regular not so different from ti version that really cost a lot i will surely will buy this tfz. If only bass is stronger then i think it will be upgrade from kanas. I am pretty happy with kpe but with stronger bass i will be even more happy. He said that bass is really good if not the best from dynamic ( ofcourse don't know how about his beloved sony). So with neutral source and tfz no 3 it should be fun tuning to listen. And if similar not harsh as kpe i am sold :)

Jun 12, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #3,011 of 12,011

Ah crap... i better return this cable and get a new one i guess. What about linsoul? the $60 on amazon. Does it worth?

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #3,012 of 12,011
Love my Kanas pro but love the No.3 a tad more due to bass. But not the metal one the $109 plastic shell graphs just like the metal one and sounds like it too. Not worth $300 for metal shell unless money is no issue. For the rest of folks the TFZ No.3 is really nice.

Enjoy the Oxygen a lot but nozzle and design makes it hard for me to get a good seal. Those folks tuned a great IEM. If they offered a "Pro" version that was identical with a slightly longer stem I'd be all over that.

Thanks a lot @Hawaiibadboy !

Long live the new "king of chi-fi" ?!

That regular TFZ No.3 is very tempting but I already have KPE that I luckily got for 126€ and for my ears and with my gear its bass is perfect.
hmmm, but maybe I need an excuse to buy it... maybe ZSN is just too bad and cheap for my wife? :D

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #3,013 of 12,011
Thanks a lot @Hawaiibadboy !

Long live the new "king of chi-fi" ?!

That regular TFZ No.3 is very tempting but I already have KPE that I luckily got for 126€ and for my ears and with my gear its bass is perfect.
hmmm, but maybe I need an excuse to buy it... maybe ZSN is just too bad and cheap for my wife? :D

The new king of chifi isnthe ugliest ever

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #3,014 of 12,011
NVM i'll be the guinea pig to compare tfz no 3 vs Kanas Pro, my new king of chifi in on the way with express delivery, i cant stand it!

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #3,015 of 12,011
Ah ****... i better return this cable and get a new one i guess. What about linsoul? the $60 on amazon. Does it worth?

Sorry cant comment on that, but the default cable from Kanas Pro is already very good one, unless you spend for really nice cable, maybe a bit hard to beat, but it will cost you a lot, and maybe not worth it from value wise, unless you want it to be the best and got spare money to spend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back