Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 8, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #2,911 of 11,996
Earsound ES100, KP sounds fantastic over the balanced output

Please let me know which balance cable should i buy. I dont have much exp on IEM!

Jun 8, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #2,912 of 11,996
Actually i i didnt liked IT01 much because of this bigger v shape. I always thought that something missing or isn't right. And bass even if it was big it wasn't so good controlled and too boomy with my sources and it tended to influence sound. Trebles also wasn't really smooth. So kpe has much better bass, as you said one of the best dynamic bass and even compared to much higher price category. I always feel this subbass gives real body to music and makes it much more musical then dryines of armature. And this subbass with good amping really newer becomes boomy and it is so amazingly fast to recover after the bass hit. Don't know how moondrop made it but it is one of the best kpe sides for me. Subbass if it is made as in kpe makes music so much fun. But yes you should use really good amp, without it kpe really could be more dull, boomy. They need power. With such as es100 even if it is good dac i feel it is not enough and didn't show all potential of this iem. We all like kpe because it has big balls
Yeah, fast recovery after bass hit is exactly the wording I was looking for. Slow recovery is what I meant by phase delay.

Jun 8, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #2,913 of 11,996
Personally I would say that the T2's are technically much more accomplished than the Crescents but your average Joe may well prefer the warmer slightly more fun, less analytical presentation of the Crescents. I find them both very good but in opposite ways. Much as I hate to use the term but 'for the money' they are both excellent.
Oh for sure they're both great and I would probably categorize them in the same tier for quality, I was just surprised when I saw how many people said they were leagues ahead of the T2s. Just goes to show how wildly subjective this all is. I am curious as to how the rest of Moondrop's offerings would appeal to me, maybe I'm just not that into Harman tuning?

Jun 8, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #2,914 of 11,996
Im buying a dac/amp for my kanas pro. Portable dac/amp.

My preference is WIDE soundstage, Excellent separation, Good details.

Should i get es100? Q5? Xcan(w/o dac but if it fits my preference, im good!) ? Xdsd? Used V30?

Any details on these are appreciated!!!

Jun 8, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #2,915 of 11,996
I wonder how the graph overlay of ER4XR to KPE would look like?

@crinacle now has a graph overlay tool. Still in progress.

Blue is Kans Pro
Green is ER4XR

er4xr vs kanas pro.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #2,916 of 11,996
Is KP really has a slight boomy bass OOTB? I just bought mine and get some listening. It is good but I'm wanting more separations. Yes, i know that Im used to hd800 with is FREAKING MILES ahead in terms of everything. But i just want a better separation of bass in this KP. Will it be better anytime 10-20hrs burn in?
If You do thread search You can see that my initisl impressions were aslo similar. It went away with some playtime.
THAT is why the mooondrop tuning is so good for me. No ear searing peak at 6-8k
Same here.

Jun 8, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #2,920 of 11,996
I bought both es100 and xdsd for the kanas pro and will delivered on monday. I will keep one of them. The one that has better soundstage. Anyone here has experience on these?

Jun 9, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #2,922 of 11,996
I can say the ES100 has a very wide sound stage. It goes perfectly with the KPE. I use mine all the time. Highly recommended.
I read some reviews say hiby w5 is wider than es100. Xdsd is also wider than fiio q5. So now im gonna try both. One thing i hate about hiby is i need to wait.

Jun 9, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #2,923 of 11,996
I bought both es100 and xdsd for the kanas pro and will delivered on monday. I will keep one of them. The one that has better soundstage. Anyone here has experience on these?

I have both. xDSD has wider sound, plus there are 2 analog switches for extra bass and wider stage (3D).
But in real life the difference is minimal, I use ES100 on the go because of the smaller size factor and built in mic for calls.
xDSD is used as desktop DAC to feed my I over ears at home together with bigger amp.

Jun 9, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #2,924 of 11,996
Looking at the graph. Although looks similar (especially up top), they do not sound similar, and I think the low-end had a significant effect on this difference. The lower-mids, around 200hz adds body to the sound, and of course the rise as the bass goes lower provides the subby and large quantity bass sig (significant enough to skew my perception of particular full-sized headphones to sound a bit bass-lite when switched over).

I think the lower-end tilts the sig to warm side in terms of adding body (and of course a bit bassy), but sounding fast which doesn't seem to be muddy type warmth. I've heard of muddy type warmth like the Beats that lower-mids muddies up the mids to reduce coherency, and this is not that kind.

What I wonder is if Moondrop flattened the bass like ER4XR, how would they compare? This would be an interesting comparison.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back