Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier
Aug 7, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #1,591 of 1,920
Now my 430had doesnt work with tidal exclusive mode. Its no sound and only noise like a distant radiochannel. Tried my other dac/amp to see if the problem is tidal or the 430had.

Everything worked fine with my old dac/amp.

My 430had works when i disable exclusive mode. Would it mean that the dac is broken?

This is a problem in Tidal, not in your DAC. How do I know? Because I have the exact opposite problem. For me, exclusive mode works just fine in USB to the 430HAD, but when I go through an external USB-S/PDIF bridge, I get static or strange noises until I disable exclusive mode.

Aug 8, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #1,592 of 1,920
you have to work with it,when I first tried using my Chord Dave with Tidal I had difficulty getting it sorted out but now it works fine...that noise you speak of like a distant radio station I get also but only upon my first use after closing Tidal,when I switch to the next song or start it over again it works fine for the duration of my listening...I have no idea what causes it but since it only occurs for that first moment it is a non issue

I deleted tidal and installed an older version. And now it works! So happy :)

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #1,593 of 1,920
Are you guys using upgraded power cable or usb cable? Is it anything to gain from these aftermarket cables? Would love some opinions or good advice.

Aug 21, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #1,594 of 1,920
Hi,

I have just purchased the Moon 430HA but I am so worried with my unit.
When I turn on the amp I can hear clearly an ambient noise.
The noise still sounds with the amp in standby and turned on.

It is an "electric noise" but too loud in my opinion.
Two meters away of the amp I can hear it.

Is it normal?!
Thanks in advance!

Aug 21, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #1,597 of 1,920
Hi,

I have just purchased the Moon 430HA but I am so worried with my unit.
When I turn on the amp I can hear clearly an ambient noise.
The noise still sounds with the amp in standby and turned on.

It is an "electric noise" but too loud in my opinion.
Two meters away of the amp I can hear it.

Is it normal?!
Thanks in advance!
This is not normal; not a sound from mine (I have two).

Aug 21, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #1,599 of 1,920
I hear it - sounds like transformer hum to me. If you've tried it in two houses, then it could be defective. I'd contact Simaudio to see what they have to say about it.

Aug 31, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #1,602 of 1,920
Definitely it was a problem with my unit.
Thanks to Simaudio, the local distributor and the shop where I bought it for replacing the Moon in one week.

Now I have the new one.
No hum, no noises at all and great sound.

It's time to enjoy the music!

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #1,604 of 1,920
Hey guys! Now the Focal utopia is on sale and I am considering to get one. One thing I am concerned about is that will 430HA match Utopia well? Utopia is a dynamic headphone and not hard to drive, which is different from abyss 1266 I am using now.

Sep 6, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #1,605 of 1,920
Hey guys! Now the Focal utopia is on sale and I am considering to get one. One thing I am concerned about is that will 430HA match Utopia well? Utopia is a dynamic headphone and not hard to drive, which is different from abyss 1266 I am using now.

My favourite HP with the 430HA is my Focal Utopia, although I do have a Abyss-1266 Psi on the list as my next HP purchase. The Utopia matches very well and sounds great (I run it balanced as this is my personal preference), even if the 430HA's grunt is not necessary for it, unlike my LCD-4 and as, no doubt, the Abyss 1266 Psi will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back