Monster Turbine
Aug 17, 2010 at 3:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

abeeb

New Head-Fier
Iv heard good review about these headphones and found them quite cheap in some official shops.
Which ones would you advise getting:
Pro Copper
Pro Gold
High Performance (grey)

Or the mobile jamz ones.

Or would you not recomend this make at all, my interests in music are hip hop, rock and drum & bass.

Thanks

Also, are there any easy ways to distinguishe whether the headphones are fake or not

I have also seen the klipswitch s4 / s2's and they look quite good

Aug 17, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #2 of 5
ive got the grey ones and there good. good strong punchy bass, if you've used cheap phones all ur life than the greys will be fine for u, theyll blow you away.... until you want more out of them. ive heard the golds improve on everything from the grey ones and the coppers are the best obviously and have better bass and mids than the golds however ive heard the coppers are hard to drive and sound best with an amp. if im wrong some one correct me

Aug 17, 2010 at 10:18 PM Post #3 of 5
Been using my coppers for weeks unamped with an ipod. They drive mine just fine. They reach very high volume levels.Thats not to say an amp might not make the listening experience better. I honestly wouldnt know, as I have never used one. There are very knowledgeable people here who can answer the amp subject quite handly.

Aug 18, 2010 at 3:43 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
ive got the grey ones and there good. good strong punchy bass, if you've used cheap phones all ur life than the greys will be fine for u, theyll blow you away.... until you want more out of them. ive heard the golds improve on everything from the grey ones and the coppers are the best obviously and have better bass and mids than the golds however ive heard the coppers are hard to drive and sound best with an amp. if im wrong some one correct me

The Coppers are easier to drive than the Golds or MDs.  They are more sensitive which is why you hear more line noise and hiss than the other 2.  Not sure about impedance though.  No facts only theories about that.  They still like power though if you are going to listen at low volumes.  They aren't Shures at 18 ohms afterall.  I honestly don't like the idea of anything that low.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back