Monster Turbine Pro
Jul 27, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #316 of 335
o ok well thats good to hear. I guess it was just radom coincidences that I only stumbled upon negative feedback.

Jul 30, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #318 of 335

Quote:
Has anyone painted these things to mask the over the top bling look?

I guess I'm a bit weird because I actually like the look of the Coppers. They do stand out a bit but nothing terribly gaudy in my opinion. But one persons ambrosia is anothers stink LOL.

Jul 30, 2010 at 12:14 PM Post #319 of 335

Quote:
Has anyone painted these things to mask the over the top bling look?

Quote:
I guess I'm a bit weird because I actually like the look of the Coppers. They do stand out a bit but nothing terribly gaudy in my opinion. But one persons ambrosia is anothers stink LOL.

I'm with you dweaver... If nothing else they are conversation starters. The only thing I see when they're in my ears is the picture being painted by the musicians flowing through them.  As long as they don't look like hearing aids, I don't care what they look like.  That, and I usually don't stand in front of a mirror when I listen to music... LOL

Aug 15, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #320 of 335
The Monster Turbine Pro Golds are on sale at futureshop for 249.99: 
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/monster-monster-turbine-pro-earbud-headphone-mh-trb-p-ie-gld-efs-mh-trb-p-ie-gld-efs/10134376.aspx?path=bcd9075483b1d2a935443ef533deb2f6en02

Aug 15, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #321 of 335
thats not really a sale at all... dell has it for 180 last time I checked

Aug 15, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #322 of 335

Quote:
The Monster Turbine Pro Golds are on sale at futureshop for 249.99: 
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/monster-monster-turbine-pro-earbud-headphone-mh-trb-p-ie-gld-efs-mh-trb-p-ie-gld-efs/10134376.aspx?path=bcd9075483b1d2a935443ef533deb2f6en02

Thats basic retail price IMO.  Golds are the cheapest in the Pro line.

Aug 15, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #323 of 335
Futureshop in Canada.... the price is very different from the US.

Aug 15, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #324 of 335
Aug 15, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #325 of 335
In general Canada pricing at brick and mortar shops is absolutely brutal combined with the worst selection of products. BUT Future Shop will price match web based pricing in many cases especially if the site will list a Canadian price for the product. So you can get a bit better pricing if you take advantage of their pricing policies. But I have to say I have bought many things from US and overseas resellers simply because no Canadian store sells the products I am buying.

Sep 25, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #327 of 335

Quote:
Has anyone compared the Turbine Gold to the SA6? Would it be an upgrade to go from the SA6 to the Turbines? 

I thought the SA6 sounded a little bland and blah, and needed more bass impact and sparkle.  I have a review somewhere from late 2007 or early 2008.  On the other hand I find the MTPG to be engaging and enjoyable to listen to, and would recommend them.  I actually prefer the Gold over the Copper.  I put a review for them on the www.earphonesolutions.com website.

Sep 25, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #328 of 335
Wow. That's quite high praise 
eek.gif
 I agree that the SA6 needs a bit, ok a lot, more bass impact. Not sure about treble. I've never been good at discerning the differences in treble unless its night and day. Alright I shall check out your reviews. Thanks.

Oct 2, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #329 of 335
ljokerl and alot of others actually prefer the golds over the coppers as well.. I cant really say personally though as I havent tried both out

Oct 7, 2010 at 9:08 AM Post #330 of 335
Ok, so I've found myself in a bit of a quandry here.

I can only go for one set from the Monster Turbine Pro range - either the Monster Turbine Pro Gold, Monster Turbine Pro Copper or the Monster Turbine Pro Miles Davis Tribute

Question is, which one should I go for? There are so many variables swimming around in my head that it's difficult to see the wood for the trees.

I've read that the Golds have the warmest and most fun sound, with the Coppers being more balanced and analytical and the Miles Davis coming in somewhere between the two.

What type of music do I listen to? The short answer would be a whole variety, from Daft Punk and Rae & Christian, through to some rock with Audioslave and then on to Buena Vista Social Club before topping it off with some pop & R&B.

The latest thought I have swimming around is from Anaxilus, who said that the Miles Davis sound more like a retuned version of the Golds, which, as I understand it, are a retuned version of the standard Turbines. If that's the case, then I am slightly inclined to go with the Coppers for their unique sound.

Which ones have the best sound quality? I haven't heard much discussed about this, only the differences in their sound signatures.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back