Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Jan 8, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #1,576 of 1,752

Quote:
No bubble busted, I'll just stick to my guns on what the Onecall rep said If I every have any problem. I have registered them on the Monster site; the Warranty page stated products have to be from authorized seller, no mention of open box though. Anyway, I see you sold your MDs. I also tried the MDs for about a month and returned them. I just couldn't get a great fit with the MDs even with the meelec tips. Plus I just seem to like the sound of the coppers a little more...even though Im more of a basshead. Go figure:)

they broke on me...in eleven days... >__> bad seal in right ear, reinserted and...the driver was busted 

Jan 8, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #1,577 of 1,752

Quote:
Quote:
No bubble busted, I'll just stick to my guns on what the Onecall rep said If I every have any problem. I have registered them on the Monster site; the Warranty page stated products have to be from authorized seller, no mention of open box though. Anyway, I see you sold your MDs. I also tried the MDs for about a month and returned them. I just couldn't get a great fit with the MDs even with the meelec tips. Plus I just seem to like the sound of the coppers a little more...even though Im more of a basshead. Go figure:)

they broke on me...in eleven days... >__> bad seal in right ear, reinserted and...the driver was busted 

On the set I had, When I inserted the left, I could hear this popping sound. Nothing strange going on during playback, but I almost felt as if the suction was creating a sort of back pressure on the driver...Is that possible?

Jan 8, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #1,578 of 1,752

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

On the set I had, When I inserted the left, I could hear this popping sound. Nothing strange going on during playback, but I almost felt as if the suction was creating a sort of back pressure on the driver...Is that possible?

oh watch out...that's driver flex...too much and you'll be the same proud owner of the MD's as I was

Jan 8, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #1,579 of 1,752

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

oh watch out...that's driver flex...too much and you'll be the same proud owner of the MD's as I was

Yeah, my MDs were shipped back a few days ago. I really enjoyed the sound of the MD. They seemed to place me right on stage with the band. Being a drummer for 25 years one might think I would gravitate to that kind of signature. The coppers just do everything so right for me though. For me, they place me in the audience, at the perfect place, to experience everything with full on fun. That's the great thing I'm learning about different IEMs. Its about what kind of experience you are looking for. I think the coppers will be my main IEM for a bit, still love the ie8 too, but Im scheduled to get impressions done next Thursday...looks like the 1964 Quads will be coming home to poppa...and how to explain to momma???? I guess I'll deal with that when they get here:)

Jan 9, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #1,581 of 1,752
I know they're more money, but as long as they might be your primary IEM, I sincerely recommend the 535's over the the MTPC. I have both, and their is no comparison. The bass and the mids on the Shures blow away the Monsters.
The Monster's come with great packaging and amenities, but when it comes down to what really counts, that sound that Shures are vastly superior. I can't comment on the Westones because I've only heard them at a meet and it was loud and I listened to CD's I was unfamiliar with.

Jan 9, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #1,582 of 1,752

Quote:
I know they're more money, but as long as they might be your primary IEM, I sincerely recommend the 535's over the the MTPC. I have both, and their is no comparison. The bass and the mids on the Shures blow away the Monsters.
The Monster's come with great packaging and amenities, but when it comes down to what really counts, that sound that Shures are vastly superior. I can't comment on the Westones because I've only heard them at a meet and it was loud and I listened to CD's I was unfamiliar with.

You have to consider the price difference between these 2, I had a look for se535's and the cheapest I could find was like $450 shipped to me... for $100 less I can have the UM3x and from what I've read it would meet my needs a little better than the SE535's.

Jan 9, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #1,583 of 1,752

Quote:

Would you say the 535's are a fun IEM? At nearly twice the price, are they twice as good as the copper??? My first IEM was the Shure E5c and when going back to it, it was very lifeless compared to the copper. After the 2 Monsters and the Senn ie8, I know I like dynamic drivers as in the copper which I find to be a very fun and clean IEM. I have decided I want to check out some of the newer BA offerings and considered the 535 until I ran across the 1964 ears customs thread and site. I'm hoping the Quad with double Low end BAs can deliver the rumble I desire of a dynamic while being able to enjoy the nice mids and highs that BAs offer. I suppose I like a party in my ears:) Maybe I should check into some of those Chinese hybrids by Rooth. But then again, they are a few hundred more than the 535...Being only a few bucks more than the 535's, I have my fingers crossed the 1964 quads will be a long time companion...just as I feel the coppers are 

Jan 9, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #1,584 of 1,752

Quote:
Quote:

Would you say the 535's are a fun IEM? At nearly twice the price, are they twice as good as the copper??? My first IEM was the Shure E5c and when going back to it, it was very lifeless compared to the copper. After the 2 Monsters and the Senn ie8, I know I like dynamic drivers as in the copper which I find to be a very fun and clean IEM. I have decided I want to check out some of the newer BA offerings and considered the 535 until I ran across the 1964 ears customs thread and site. I'm hoping the Quad with double Low end BAs can deliver the rumble I desire of a dynamic while being able to enjoy the nice mids and highs that BAs offer. I suppose I like a party in my ears:) Maybe I should check into some of those Chinese hybrids by Rooth. But then again, they are a few hundred more than the 535...Being only a few bucks more than the 535's, I have my fingers crossed the 1964 quads will be a long time companion...just as I feel the coppers are 

This is my experience as well w/ the E5 and 530.  No idea if the 535 really changes that.  I can't imagine it not still having that 'Shure' IEM sound.  I can tell you the ES5 demo I heard is amazing, best quality BA bass I've heard.

Jan 9, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #1,585 of 1,752
I was SO CLOSE to pulling the trigger on these today..since I could get them for 220$ CDN with my employee discounts. But then decided I wanted to save up for some better IEMs
confused.gif

Jan 12, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #1,586 of 1,752
Wow...so after trying to buy some used via the internet and finally pulling the trigger on a new pair, my Coppers don't sound right. The left one is totally flat sounding, and has almost no bass impact-it's all just hollow. I know this because I tested with putting each phone in each ear and alternating, and all different types and sizes of eartip, and the left one always sounds worse. I think it has something to do with the ControlTalk since it didn't work either. Anyway, now I get to enjoy the process of dealing with SoundEarphones/Monster to try to get them replaced. Great...and I just wanted to enjoy my amazing headphones. :frowning2:

Jan 12, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #1,587 of 1,752

Quote:
Wow...so after trying to buy some used via the internet and finally pulling the trigger on a new pair, my Coppers don't sound right. The left one is totally flat sounding, and has almost no bass impact-it's all just hollow. I know this because I tested with putting each phone in each ear and alternating, and all different types and sizes of eartip, and the left one always sounds worse. I think it has something to do with the ControlTalk since it didn't work either. Anyway, now I get to enjoy the process of dealing with SoundEarphones/Monster to try to get them replaced. Great...and I just wanted to enjoy my amazing headphones. :frowning2:

and here comes the legendary build issues with the coppers...and all other monster headphones...

Jan 12, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #1,588 of 1,752

Quote:

Call the toll free number (may need to call the 415 number) and talk to the operator. Ask a rep to call you. When they do, tell them and they will give you a free shipping label to fedex the coppers back (just send in the earphones, not the box or eartips, etc.), you'll get a whole new box with everything (a second set of tips, etc. for you). 

Quote:
Quote:

and here comes the legendary build issues with the coppers...and all other monster headphones...

IEMs generally have build issues, there is literally no brand that doesn't have defects. Only Monster has the kind of warranty it has.

Jan 14, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #1,589 of 1,752

Quote:
Quote:

Call the toll free number (may need to call the 415 number) and talk to the operator. Ask a rep to call you. When they do, tell them and they will give you a free shipping label to fedex the coppers back (just send in the earphones, not the box or eartips, etc.), you'll get a whole new box with everything (a second set of tips, etc. for you). 

Quote:
Quote:

IEMs generally have build issues, there is literally no brand that doesn't have defects. Only Monster has the kind of warranty it has.

there warranty is really good, but there is no doubt that there build quality stinks

Jan 15, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #1,590 of 1,752
Wow! I really wish I would've known that; another set of tips would've been nice. I ended up just ordering another pair from SoundEarphones and then shipping the broken ones back; hopefully they'll credit my account soon.

Anyway, got my Coppers last night and they're finally amazing! In my first night with them I ended up walking miles around Chicago, climbing through scaffolding and even rolling down a snowy hill (all on an acid trip!). I think it was a great start and they're going to be great headphones for a long time to come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back