Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Sep 30, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #1,561 of 1,752

Quote:
From watching a couple of youtube videos, in addition to the nice monster 1/4inch adapter, the included Super Tips come in separate sealed silver packaging that actually says "Super Tips" in nice black lettering. The fakes have similar looking silver packaging but there is no lettering. Maybe someone with more experience can confirm or deny this, as I have not yet purchased the coppers.

I can tell you the ear tips that come with this headphone vary through time.  Before people didn't get supertips simply because they hadn't been developed yet.  Later, like me, some got supertips but just in a plastic bag.  If they come with separate silver packaging, it sounds even newer, they are probably actively advertising them that way now.  I think they keep revising things as time goes on.  Monster now offers supertip package separately to buy.

Nov 3, 2010 at 10:39 AM Post #1,564 of 1,752
Does anyone know if amazon is the authorized dealer for Monster cable?
just bought a pair of MTCP but not sure if I will get the life time warranty
thx in advance

Nov 3, 2010 at 1:08 PM Post #1,565 of 1,752

Quote:
Does anyone know if amazon is the authorized dealer for Monster cable?
just bought a pair of MTCP but not sure if I will get the life time warranty
thx in advance

Amazon proper is, but many times you have purchased from another company via Amazon marketplace (such as Tiger Direct, etc) and those are not.

Nov 4, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #1,566 of 1,752
Thx Kunlun : )
so I get life time warranty if I purchase from amazon itself. Is that right?

Nov 4, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #1,567 of 1,752
Jan 7, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #1,568 of 1,752
Just ordered my Coppers today!!! Got them with ControlTalk, a feature I deemed essential if I'm spending this much. I got them for $277, shipping included-a good deal in my book!

I AM SO EXCITED!!!! I haven't gotten new 'phones in almost 18 months, and that was July of '09 when I got my Shure SRH840's. The March before that I got my Shure E2C's, so this will be the first IEM I've had in nearly two years-and I can't wait! They're going to be SO GLORIOUS!!! Hopefully just a few more days now......

Jan 7, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #1,569 of 1,752

Quote:
Just ordered my Coppers today!!! Got them with ControlTalk, a feature I deemed essential if I'm spending this much. I got them for $277, shipping included-a good deal in my book!

I AM SO EXCITED!!!! I haven't gotten new 'phones in almost 18 months, and that was July of '09 when I got my Shure SRH840's. The March before that I got my Shure E2C's, so this will be the first IEM I've had in nearly two years-and I can't wait! They're going to be SO GLORIOUS!!! Hopefully just a few more days now......

Where did you order those from?  Last time I talked to Monster, they weren't actually making MTPC's with ControlTalk (despite having announced that variant at CES last year).  The rep who I spoke to a couple of months ago actually said that they had no plans to do so.  A quick check of the Monster website doesn't show that product available either.

Jan 7, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #1,570 of 1,752

Quote:
Quote:

Where did you order those from?  Last time I talked to Monster, they weren't actually making MTPC's with ControlTalk (despite having announced that variant at CES last year).  The rep who I spoke to a couple of months ago actually said that they had no plans to do so.  A quick check of the Monster website doesn't show that product available either.

last time i bought a copper from onecall, i had to choose between the two as well

Jan 8, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #1,571 of 1,752
@ Matto. I bought open box coppers from onecall on black Friday for $209. When they arrived I inspected them meticulously. I found them to be mint condition, no smudges, no fingerprints, no scratches;  just a gorgeous gleaming set of coppers with every tip, accessory, and document beautifully packed inside the box.  Most important, they sound fantastic. I couldn't be happier with them or Onecall.

Jan 8, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #1,572 of 1,752

Quote:
I bought open box coppers from onecall on black Friday for $209. When they arrived I inspected them meticulously. I found them to be mint condition, no smudges, no fingerprints, no scratches;  just a gorgeous gleaming set of coppers with every tip, accessory, and document beautifully packed inside the box.  Most important, they sound fantastic. I couldn't be happier with them or Onecall.

you could have gotten a NIB pair of coppers for $220 normally just by calling onecall asking for the best price

Jan 8, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #1,573 of 1,752
Thanks for the tip. I asked for best price on the open box set I got, and they would not budge. I suppose because of the condition they were in plus warranty. $220 NIB sounds like a great price for those interested. They are defiantly wort it!

Jan 8, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #1,574 of 1,752

Quote:
Thanks for the tip. I asked for best price on the open box set I got, and they would not budge. I suppose because of the condition they were in plus warranty. $220 NIB sounds like a great price for those interested. They are defiantly wort it!

...not purposely trying to burst your bubble here...but monster doesn't acknowledge open box items as legitimate items anymore and therefore they aren't under warrant

Jan 8, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #1,575 of 1,752
No bubble busted, I'll just stick to my guns on what the Onecall rep said If I every have any problem. I have registered them on the Monster site; the Warranty page stated products have to be from authorized seller, no mention of open box though. Anyway, I see you returned your MDs. I also tried the MDs for about a month and returned them. I just couldn't get a great fit with the MDs even with the meelec tips. Plus I just seem to like the sound of the coppers a little more...even though Im more of a basshead. Go figure:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back