Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Jul 18, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #1,396 of 1,752

Indeed. Saying they are no match is a little too strong. At this level of IEM preference dictates a lot which one will be better for you. The TF10s do not beat out the Golds for me, and I'm sure the Coppers would be similar. I found the Golds to be a significant upgrade over the TF10 actually especially considering my tastes in sound. I owned the TF10s for quite a bit as well and actually sold them in favor of the Golds.

Quote:
Really? No match for the W3 or TF10? I owned the TF10 for a bit and found the Coppers to be a nice step up in terms of a balanced and natural sounding sound signature. Overall they seemed to do everything more comfortably and naturally than the TF10's to my ears. Both IEM's were played from the same source using the same songs and all that. Only difference was Coppers I used their hybrid foam and the TF10's I used the Comply.

Jul 19, 2010 at 6:53 AM Post #1,397 of 1,752
Well maybe i should have said for me personally, i guess its all a matter of perspective and personal tastes , I'm not saying the coppers are not a good iem because they are and i still enjoy them up to a point when i listen to them and a few months ago i would not have dreamed i would be enjoying the westone 3 or to a lesser extent the TF10 more than the coppers as i could not stand the big powerful bloated bass and constant sibilance on the westone 3 and the TF10 had a tendency to slowly slip out of my ears every 5 Min's or so and they were also prone to sibilance ,however the monster large triple flange tips cured the problems i had with the TF10 and the monster foam hybrid tips on a long comply core have eliminated all sibilance and tightened up the bass on the we stone 3 .

Over the last few months i have come to realize that i prefer the speed and clarity and tighter punchy more explosive bass and overall crispier sound of BA phones over dymanic driver phones ,so that's were i am at this moment in time 
regular_smile .gif

Quote:
Really? No match for the W3 or TF10? I owned the TF10 for a bit and found the Coppers to be a nice step up in terms of a balanced and natural sounding sound signature. Overall they seemed to do everything more comfortably and naturally than the TF10's to my ears. Both IEM's were played from the same source using the same songs and all that. Only difference was Coppers I used their hybrid foam and the TF10's I used the Comply.

Jul 19, 2010 at 8:11 AM Post #1,398 of 1,752
I prefer MTPC over the westone 3 too. The W3 dont sound special to me in anyway. I guess it is up to personal preference when it comes to top tier IEMs

Jul 22, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #1,400 of 1,752

Quote:
Well maybe i should have said for me personally, i guess its all a matter of perspective and personal tastes , I'm not saying the coppers are not a good iem because they are and i still enjoy them up to a point when i listen to them and a few months ago i would not have dreamed i would be enjoying the westone 3 or to a lesser extent the TF10 more than the coppers as i could not stand the big powerful bloated bass and constant sibilance on the westone 3 and the TF10 had a tendency to slowly slip out of my ears every 5 Min's or so and they were also prone to sibilance ,however the monster large triple flange tips cured the problems i had with the TF10 and the monster foam hybrid tips on a long comply core have eliminated all sibilance and tightened up the bass on the we stone 3 .

So what you are saying is that without the Monster Coppers your TF10 and W3 would still sound like crap in comparison.  
wink_face.gif

Most BA's are too fast for me, no decay or reverb.

Jul 22, 2010 at 8:55 AM Post #1,401 of 1,752

Quote:
So what you are saying is that without the Monster Coppers your TF10 and W3 would still sound like crap in comparison.  
wink_face.gif

Most BA's are too fast for me, no decay or reverb.

With IEMs, tips can make or literally break them. I'm astounded on how many people drop $300, $400, $500+ on non-custom IEMs and only spend 3 minutes on the ear tips and then come to unrealistic conclusions.

Jul 22, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #1,402 of 1,752

Quote:
With IEMs, tips can make or literally break them. I'm astounded on how many people drop $300, $400, $500+ on non-custom IEMs and only spend 3 minutes on the ear tips and then come to unrealistic conclusions.

X2 When I first got the Coppers and even up to a few days ago I would constantly switch tips around on them to try and find the best I could. It took probably a solid 2 hours of trying every one and listening to a few test tracks with them until I finally settled on the smallest size hybrid foam I'm using now.

Jul 22, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #1,403 of 1,752

Quote:

Quote:
X2 When I first got the Coppers and even up to a few days ago I would constantly switch tips around on them to try and find the best I could. It took probably a solid 2 hours of trying every one and listening to a few test tracks with them until I finally settled on the smallest size hybrid foam I'm using now.

x3

I had my MD's for awhile now and thought I had settled on the foam hybrids for SQ.  That was until I got my M1s a month ago.  I put the bi flanges on w/ the larger channel and realized how much more the MD's had to offer.  The M1 seal wasn't great, the material was flimsy and bit smaller than what I needed but I could hear the potential.  Got some M11 bi flanges which are a bit stiffer and more resilient, just the right size and bam!  My foam hybrids are relegated to isolation duty when called for.

Jul 23, 2010 at 10:14 AM Post #1,404 of 1,752

So the M11 tips fit perfectly on the monster nozzle?
How do they compare to auveo tips? (try those if you haven't)
Maybe I'll pick up some of these for my coppers.

Quote:

x3

I had my MD's for awhile now and thought I had settled on the foam hybrids for SQ.  That was until I got my M1s a month ago.  I put the bi flanges on w/ the larger channel and realized how much more the MD's had to offer.  The M1 seal wasn't great, the material was flimsy and bit smaller than what I needed but I could hear the potential.  Got some M11 bi flanges which are a bit stiffer and more resilient, just the right size and bam!  My foam hybrids are relegated to isolation duty when called for.

Jul 23, 2010 at 10:21 AM Post #1,405 of 1,752

Quote:

Eartips are a very personal thing. We all have different ears, canals, sizes...what may be good for one person, may be horrible for another.

Jul 23, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #1,406 of 1,752
Anyone have any portable amp recommendations for the Coppers?  My laptop doesn't play them loud enough... I want one that I can take jogging preferably.  

Anyone know how the FiiO E5 sound with the Coppers?  Is it powerful enough? 

Oh, and I already have the ibasso D2 and I still think thats too big to be carrying around not to mention jogging...

Jul 23, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #1,407 of 1,752

Quote:

M11s fit perfectly.  Meelec has a new bundle w/ 10 pairs for the M11+ also.  No experience on the Auveos.

Quote:
Anyone have any portable amp recommendations for the Coppers?  My laptop doesn't play them loud enough... I want one that I can take jogging preferably.  

Anyone know how the FiiO E5 sound with the Coppers?  Is it powerful enough? 

Oh, and I already have the ibasso D2 and I still think thats too big to be carrying around not to mention jogging...

E5 will power Coppers fine.  They work w/ my MD's which are less sensitive than the Coppers.  I hope you have earguide otherwise i couldn't imagine running w/ the Coppers.

Jul 23, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #1,408 of 1,752
Anything will power the Coppers fine, lol.  It's sensitivity is very good. =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back