Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Jul 13, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #1,366 of 1,752
Rawrster, that is one of the big things I was considering about the D4 against the ALO Rx is the added DAC. I don't really need a DAC right now however at some point it may be handy to have a nice one. Also, I'm sure the amp isn't too shabby and from the reviews it seems not to be.

In addition, if I'm spending $200+ I really want to have some sort of warranty or something on the product and if I buy a used RX which is the only way I could afford one, I wouldn't get that. I don't want to get screwed if a month in or something the RX I bought used decides to die or something goes wrong.

Jul 13, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #1,367 of 1,752
That's interesting. I've always found source to be 2nd in line after the phones are considered. The D4 is probably the best amp I've heard but I haven't heard too many but I'm fine with that since I do not amp my portable setup anyway.

Jul 13, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #1,368 of 1,752

Quote:
That's interesting. I've always found source to be 2nd in line after the phones are considered. The D4 is probably the best amp I've heard but I haven't heard too many but I'm fine with that since I do not amp my portable setup anyway.

Source is 2nd in line unless your phones are starved for power or you want to roll opamps to change sound signatures.

Jul 13, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #1,369 of 1,752
I do plan to upgrade/improve my source soon however I know that running my Coppers from my Little Dot mkII that they really do benefit from a nice amp therefore I figure I will go for that first. That change is much less of a huge project than trying to upgrade my entire music collection or cd or some better digital format instead of the patchwork of bit rates it is right now.

Jul 13, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #1,371 of 1,752
@SolidSnake: is that just an amp or integrated? I don't know too much about the little dot stuff

@r31t0: First off there is no RMA form. You have to give their CS people a call. You will get a RMA number from them and they will also give you an address to ship it to. Then you ship the coppers to them as well as some kind of proof of purchase and then around 2 weeks later (Assuming you are in USA) you will get a new set of the Coppers.

Jul 13, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #1,373 of 1,752
The Little Dot mkII is a tube amp, doesn't have a DAC or anything like that in it.

Jul 14, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #1,374 of 1,752

Quote:
I have some specific questions about the upcoming ControlTalk version of the Coppers. Does anyone have a specific contact at Monster who I could reach out to or do they handle their general sales/support inquiries well? I'm just thinking that if I use the general support inquiry method I might not get the info I'm looking for. Thanks!

Jeff

I never got a response from Soundmatters12 the rep here on head-fi. I just noticed that onecall has the Gold version with controltalk listed as "in stock". No Copper version yet, which is what I'm waiting for too. I'm curious how the cord will differ from the regular Pro cord.

Jul 17, 2010 at 12:26 PM Post #1,375 of 1,752
Alright looking for a bit of advice here, I seem to be having a bit of trouble using the foam hybrid tips. It seems that the foam re-expands before I can get them into my ears. Anyone else experiencing this or have a solution/advice? I like how the 1 pair of black foam tips has foam that stays compressed however I'm not a big fan of what it does to the sound signature.

Jul 17, 2010 at 12:29 PM Post #1,376 of 1,752
I usually just shove them right in. Gets a little uncomfortable when pushing them in, but straightening out the ear canal while doing it seems to help, and once it's in, it's decently comfortable.

Jul 17, 2010 at 12:29 PM Post #1,377 of 1,752

Quote:
Alright looking for a bit of advice here, I seem to be having a bit of trouble using the foam hybrid tips. It seems that the foam re-expands before I can get them into my ears. Anyone else experiencing this or have a solution/advice? I like how the 1 pair of black foam tips has foam that stays compressed however I'm not a big fan of what it does to the sound signature.

Did you try pulling on the upper part of your ear w/ your opposite hand and opening your mouth while inserting?  This should open up your ear canals a bit.  I prefer to enlarge my ear canals a bit and let them settle on the tip rather than squish the tip itself.  If that doesn't work you can keep rolling them around between your fingers  slowly while squeezing.  The longer you squeeze them, the longer they hold shape.

Have you tried large holed bi flanges on them?  They work great on my MD's, never tried them on the Coppers.  They lose a bit on isolation compared to the Foams though.

Jul 17, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #1,378 of 1,752
woo i got my copper this evening. But my tips selection are quite different from rawrster set though. no white and grey gel tips
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back