Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Jul 10, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #1,351 of 1,752

Quote:
They do, you just have to live in the right city!  
wink_face.gif

Portland Oregon has an awesome store in which you can see and listen to just about anything.

Head-Fi sponsor:  http://32ohmaudio.com/

I guess I'll just have to be jealous or win the lottery and move.  I've read about 32ohmaudio.  I hope they're really successful so others follow their lead.

Jul 10, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #1,352 of 1,752
Ah man lucky people with sweet local audio stores
frown.gif
Here in Madison, WI the best we have is a Guitar Center sort of near by and University Audio which actually stocks the entire Grado line but nothing else. Nice that you can demo all the Grado's however that's all you have. We do have a bunch of really nice vinyl and cd stores but headphones and other audio gear seems to be lacking at least from my various searches.

Jul 12, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #1,353 of 1,752
Ah.. the smell of new ear toys... I just unwrapped my brand new Copper's and the smell you're welcomed with when you open the box is still in the air...  They've been in my ears for about 20 minutes and I'm already impressed.. They have already taken the spot previously held by the IE8's as my favorites..  I can't wait to hear them fully broken in, but for now, I'll enjoy listening to them settle in and burn them in overnight... I'll post my impressions in a few days... 

Jul 12, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #1,354 of 1,752
The Turbine Pros really do have that quality of making you prefer them over the IE8s. IE8s are still great but I somehow prefer my Golds to them. I should nab myself a pair of Coppers soon.

Jul 12, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #1,355 of 1,752
ALRIGHT! Greatest mail day ever, I got:
-Shure Olives small size
-Shure Olives medium size
-New RCA-Mini Cable
-New Monster Turbine Pro Coppers as replacements

All of this stuff was just waiting in my mailbox when I got home today! Now I just have to decide how I want to burn the Coppers in, might try either dweavers bass burn in or the treble one, can't decide
biggrin.gif

Jul 12, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #1,356 of 1,752
I think last week or so when I got my replacement Coppers and my dac trumps yours :p

I'm glad you got it back. I haven't gotten around to burn it in but will get to it eventually. I've been pretty lazy and enjoying the sound of my e-Q7 lately. Although judging from your sig I'd probably do the treble one since you do already have a very fun phone in the Eterna.

Jul 12, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #1,357 of 1,752
x2 for treble.  The Coppers are built for more speed and higher freq's more so than the other Monsters.  Take advantage of it rather than turning it into something else.  If you really enjoy your Eterna's bass the way I enjoy my MD's then you have your bases covered.  If the Coppers were your only IEM I might go the other way.  Up to you.  
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 12, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #1,358 of 1,752

Yeh I was sort of leaning toward the treble one since my Eterna's have enough bass for a few "lesser" iem's
tongue.gif
The Coppers don't really need more bass anyhow...right?

Quote:
I think last week or so when I got my replacement Coppers and my dac trumps yours :p

I'm glad you got it back. I haven't gotten around to burn it in but will get to it eventually. I've been pretty lazy and enjoying the sound of my e-Q7 lately. Although judging from your sig I'd probably do the treble one since you do already have a very fun phone in the Eterna.

Oh and for the dac comment, don't make fun of my nonexistent dac! It's there in my head ok...I just have to listen real hard for it
blink.gif

In all seriousness though I might be getting a D4 Mamba in which case my theoretical dac>your actual dac

Jul 12, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #1,359 of 1,752
Oh damn I thought my actual dac was better than your theoretical dac :frowning2:

Although I was talking more about the packages arriving than your nonexistant dac. I had no idea until your previous post that you didn't have one although I think mine is better than a D4 but I'm not getting one to find out :) I consider the Coppers to be bass monsters so I guess them not needing more bass depends on who you ask. I don't want more bass than what the Coppers give and they put out too much bass on certain tracks for me.

Jul 12, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #1,360 of 1,752
I find tips w/ larger openings and stiffer silicone help preserve the overall signature and tame the Bass a bit.  The gel tips and Foam Hybrid Supertips are big on bass and work w/ a source thats a bit more mild on bass IMO.

On another note, anyone interested in the Meelec M9/M11 double flanges should know they fit the Monster Pros perfectly.  They slide on easy but they catch real tight right on the lip.

Jul 12, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #1,361 of 1,752
X2 on the Meelec M9 tips the single flange also work and open up the treble a bit more.

Jul 13, 2010 at 9:27 AM Post #1,362 of 1,752
Your DAC might in fact be better than the D4, I'm not really too sure. I just started researching/looking into the D4 and it appears to be an amazing amp/dac. I'm quite torn though because I'm trying to decent between the D4 or the ALO Rx. The Rx would have to be used as my budget max is about $230ish while the D4 could be bought brand new. This amp is going to be used pretty much just for iem's as my little dot is for my larger headphones (DT990)

Any words of wisdom here between these two amps?

Jul 13, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #1,363 of 1,752
I would get the D4 if I was you. IMO there's more value to the D4 than the ALO Rx but I've never heard the ALO Rx. The D4 is both a portable amp and a dac which is where I find it's value. Also you can change the opamp which is also helpful. For someone who wants a portable amp but also does not have a dac I would get the D4 for that very reason. I've only heard the D4 with the hiflight kit however so not sure how it sounds stock but it probably is still very good. Also my dac isn't as portable as the D4 and is also much bigger and serves different purposes imo :p

Also price is even lower in the FS forums :) I saw some nice deals a while ago so they do show up once in a while.

Jul 13, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #1,364 of 1,752

Quote:
I would get the D4 if I was you. IMO there's more value to the D4 than the ALO Rx but I've never heard the ALO Rx. The D4 is both a portable amp and a dac which is where I find it's value. Also you can change the opamp which is also helpful. For someone who wants a portable amp but also does not have a dac I would get the D4 for that very reason. I've only heard the D4 with the hiflight kit however so not sure how it sounds stock but it probably is still very good. Also my dac isn't as portable as the D4 and is also much bigger and serves different purposes imo :p

Also price is even lower in the FS forums :) I saw some nice deals a while ago so they do show up once in a while.

Might also check out the d10.

Jul 13, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #1,365 of 1,752
Well any dac/amp is something I find a lot higher value than just an amp alone regardless of how good it is but that's just me. I do a lot more listening on my netbook than my clip+ when I'm out of the house so something like that has more value to me.

The D10 however is probably past budget since it is $245 new unless something can be found in the FS forums. I probably would have gotten a D4 if I needed an amp as well as a dac. Although something like the T3D is quite tempting if I ever get a different dap where I would need to use an amp...maybe if I ever get a s:flo2 or itouch even though I don't care for touchscreen too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back