Monster Turbine Pro Copper
May 9, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #871 of 1,752
@cn11, injoyed reading your detailed
gs1000.gif
review ,

May 9, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #872 of 1,752

Quote:
Tried going up a size in the white super tips and those fit pretty well too once warmed them up a bit.

Great review there cn11, have to agree about the fit. It really is a bit picky but once you figure out which tips work best for you it really isn't an issue. I guess I'm lucky in my ears in that I can pretty comfortably wear the tri-flanged. Really nice isolation although I found the sound to be almost laid back or recessed a bit compared to the supertips or the single flanged. Still trying to figure out the gel filled tips, found that the smallest fit the best but just can't decide if they are "better" than the supertips or the single flanged black.

Thanks about the review! I appreciate it... I agree, once you get the fit settled, and have a method of insertion that works, the isolation is great and the sound is full and very very dynamic. I'm quite impressed that Monster provides such an array of tips because as is so obvious on this site there's a vast difference in peoples' ear shapes. Monster has done a great service for listeners and I would think that just about everyone can find something included in their selection which will work great. I should also clarify that with about half of the IEM's I've owned my right ear can be problematic, causing the earphone to slowly back out over time. I had the problem with Triple.Fi 10's, Image X10's, and the Denon C710's a little. 

May 9, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #873 of 1,752

Quote:
@cn11, injoyed reading your detailed
gs1000.gif
review ,

Thank you very much lucozade!!  
ksc75smile.gif
  I tried to be completely unbiased and detail the strengths as well as the slight 'problem' areas with them (and slight they are).

May 11, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #874 of 1,752
Thanks guy for the recommendation on the FX700 but I am actually looking more for a portable headphone like HD25-1mkII, ATH-EW9 and sounds close enough to MTPC. The Monster Beats Solo HD looks nice but if the SQ is about the same as Studio then it is a total letdown. The durability of the headband is questionable too as I had seen one pair of Studio with the headband snapped in two.

May 11, 2010 at 11:48 PM Post #875 of 1,752
GREAT JOB @ CHRIS!!

May 13, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #877 of 1,752
Dunno, I'll be selling mine pretty soon at close to the Dell price. I'll recoup tax and a bit of shipping, but otherwise it'll be a deal.

May 13, 2010 at 9:12 AM Post #878 of 1,752
i sent a message to monster support twice regarding the problem with the gap on the left earpiece + sudden drop in volume on my MTPC but i haven't got an answer yet. also mailed SoundMatters12 but i guess he hasn't been on this forum for quite a while. also the cable on my lil jamz seem to be messed up. when you move the cable the sound comes and goes. :x
....should i give them a call or what???

May 13, 2010 at 10:08 AM Post #879 of 1,752

Quote:
i sent a message to monster support twice regarding the problem with the gap on the left earpiece + sudden drop in volume on my MTPC but i haven't got an answer yet. also mailed SoundMatters12 but i guess he hasn't been on this forum for quite a while. also the cable on my lil jamz seem to be messed up. when you move the cable the sound comes and goes. :x

Yeah, you should call them up. I emailed Monster a while ago as well but they never responded. If you call them up, you'll have a more likely chance of getting a representative rather than waiting for them to reply. 

May 13, 2010 at 10:22 AM Post #880 of 1,752

Quote:
GREAT JOB @ CHRIS!!

Thanks buddy, I appreciate that. It took me a while to really get a thorough grasp on their sound. But I hope my descriptions were fair and helpful. 
ksc75smile.gif

May 13, 2010 at 11:04 AM Post #881 of 1,752

I know this is off-topic but how does the lil jamz sound compared to the coppers?
Quote:

May 13, 2010 at 11:42 AM Post #882 of 1,752
Soundmatters12 posted in another thread today, so pm him again.

Also, you should call monster, the numbers are included in the user guide or a separate piece of paper with your earphones.

May 13, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #883 of 1,752

Quote:
I know this is off-topic but how does the lil jamz sound compared to the coppers?

i don't think they are comparable at all. the low end on the lil jamz really lacks power and sounds flat. i only use them on my way to school. i would recommend them to people who don't like a lot of bass and would pay for durability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back