Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Apr 11, 2010 at 5:04 AM Post #556 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I get a little different PM flavor...I get people asking for advice on this IEM vs. that IEM, so I write a detailed response, only to have them later let me know they completely ignored my advice and chose something different. Why bother asking then? OK, so this has happened twice. At least in your case you can call them lazy bastards and block them
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL @ JOE. Well Joe, you turned me on to the Copper..so for that I thank you buddy. It was you, then search drove it on home for me.....and of course, search led me to the MD... Prior to that, I wasn't moving off of the IE8 and Orto...lol .. But my point is I READ EVERYTHING YOU AND SEARCH WROTE before I asked any questions....

Apr 11, 2010 at 5:09 AM Post #557 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericp10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL @ JOE. Well Joe, you turned me on to the Copper..so for that I thank you buddy. It was you, then search drove it on home for me.....and of course, search led me to the MD... Prior to that, I wasn't moving off of the IE8 and Orto...lol .. But my point is I READ EVERYTHING YOU AND SEARCH WROTE before I asked any questions....

Yea, most people that PM me asking for advice don't at least tell me they blatantly disregard it. But I am glad I turned you on the the Copper. I still really enjoy them, even with everything else I have.

And yes, I hear ya on the reading the whole thread. I kinda just go off some of my trusted people on the board now a days, and hope my two latest (when the get to me) will be worth the price.

And as far as reading, I did that with the IE8 and I too thought that was pretty much the be-all-end-all. And to me it was for a while. If only the Copper had the soundstage width of the IE8...

Apr 11, 2010 at 5:28 AM Post #558 of 1,752
After listening to the Monster Copper more the past week, they are slowly growing on me. I am no basshead, but just hearing the bass from the Copper is very refreshing to my ears. Everytime I put them on, it leaves me in awe. If I did listen to more bassier genres then these would probably be the one for me. Thankfully for my wallet I don't.

Apr 11, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #560 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by shadoracer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can only speak for myself but this thread has been great. It's taken some time to get through but definitely well worth the read. I'm not sure that the MTPC's would have been a serious consideration but based on your descriptions here and the price point it's pretty compelling stuff.

Good for you.

You're sure you want an iem with a balanced, detailed, neutral dynamic driver sound sig with good treble extension, you realize that they may sound a bit bassy out of the box, but the treble improves and the bass calms down with use and that you might want to order some different eartips?

Great. You're like the opposite of the folks eric mentioned!

Apr 11, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #561 of 1,752
I must just ask...

...Has anyone who has had these for a while had any issues with tarnishing?

Just wondering if I need to go buy myself one of those magic cleaner duster things for the copper parts??

Apr 11, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #562 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kunlun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good for you.

You're sure you want an iem with a balanced, detailed, neutral dynamic driver sound sig with good treble extension, you realize that they may sound a bit bassy out of the box, but the treble improves and the bass calms down with use and that you might want to order some different eartips?

Great. You're like the opposite of the folks eric mentioned!

Yes, I'm pretty sure this will be a good starting point for me. From the descriptions It seems as though the general consensus is for the balanced sound. Also,the comparison to a sub woofer-like bass has stuck in my mind, I think I'll enjoy that. Whereas I've read some descriptions on here of the W3's (another consideration) having bloated bass, don't think I'd enjoy that. Finally, in regard to the tips, I haven't really researched that yet so I'm open to suggestions but I know when I start digging I'll find tons on that. As I've said though, with no prior exp using iems I imagine the tips will require lots of play time to find ideal.

Apr 11, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #563 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd go with the $249 easy. I would take a $21 hit for the monster warranty any day. If anything happens (which I hope doesn't) you're screwed if you didn't buy it or if the person you are buying it from doesn't want to do the warranty for you.

x3
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 11, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #564 of 1,752
Is 249 the cheapest onecall will go? I might go for these but I'm gonna wait and see if I should wait until next week when I can test them out to see if I would like them but just wanna get an idea of the pricing on these. I got a pretty good offer by them for the gold's at 179 so just wondering
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm starting to think "trying out iem's" is a code word for prepare your wallet since ur gonna buy them anyway.

Apr 11, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #565 of 1,752
Quote:

Is 249 the cheapest onecall will go? I might go for these but I'm gonna wait and see if I should wait until next week when I can test them out to see if I would like them but just wanna get an idea of the pricing on these. I got a pretty good offer by them for the gold's at 179 so just wondering
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm starting to think "trying out iem's" is a code word for prepare your wallet since ur gonna buy them anyway.

I think the lowest OneCall would go for the Copper is for $249. I haven't seen them drop any lower than that for some time now. I also got a $179 offer for the Gold when I did a MyPrice on their website. If you can't afford the extra $70, then I would go with the Gold. They're very similar to the Copper except that their bass is more full while the Coppers are a bit more neutral. Either way, you won't be disappointed with either. I think both the Gold and Copper are probably two of the best IEMs you can get on the market today.

Apr 11, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #567 of 1,752
I can pay for it if I absolutely had to. It's more like if I don;t find the difference worth it I will probably go for the golds but I'll see for myself the difference soon enough. I'm leaning towards the golds anyway since the golds are lots of fun so far
smily_headphones1.gif

Regarding the filters at least for the golds (probably the same for coppers but I dont have access to the coppers) it doesn't look like they are meant to be taken out and it looks like it would be difficult to take off anyway.

Apr 11, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #568 of 1,752
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

or you could wait out for ppl to sell them. With the dell sale and most of them being shipped think a lot of these would appear on the sale forum. Well that is if you don't mind them used. I saw one guy on the forum selling his brand new but i think its sold.

Apr 11, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #569 of 1,752
^ good point. I'm actually going to wait a week before making a decision on the golds or coppers. I've been eyeing the Grado GR8 and tempted to get one of those.

Apr 11, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #570 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by qorious /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know if the Audio filters from Audeo will work with the MTPC or MTPG? Thanks!

AudéoWorld PFE Shopping Cart

As rawster indicated, those PFE filters aren't at all compatible with the Turbines (any version). The Turbines have neither replaceable filters nor the correct nozzle size to accommodate the ones made for the PFEs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back