Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Mar 2, 2010 at 6:09 AM Post #287 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What MD stuff is he selling?

I was joking @ shigzeo. Getting back at him for something he did to me in pm last night ...lol. Search is not letting go of his beloved Miles Davis IEMs...lol

Mar 3, 2010 at 11:33 AM Post #290 of 1,752
I'm just wondering, a few months ago lots of head-fiers were praising the new kings of dynamic IEMs: first the JVC FX500 and later the Denon C710, especially because these have a deeper, better bass, without a midbass hump. And cheaper. However, the new contender, the MTP Gold and Copper are still compared to the IE8. Why is that?

1. The FX500 and C710 were only FOTM and their flaws came to the surface in the meanwhile and the IE8 is still the etalon, or
2. There are simply no people so far who owns the FX500 or C710 together with the MTP so they cannot compare, or
3. The FX500 and C710 users are absolutely satisfied with their IEMs, they finished their search for the perfect phone, healed from upgraditis, left head-fi and just enjoying pure music. The remaining IE8 users will switch to MTP Gold or Copper soon.

Which of the points above is the truth?

(disclaimer: no offence, I do not own any of these IEMS, but I would like to buy one of them, unfortunately without an opportunity to audition/compare)

Mar 3, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #291 of 1,752
Deephile, those are good questions, but... you should change your avatar! I thought this was headfier the_search_never_ends asking those questions and i was puzzled (since he owns a few of those IEMs you're mentionning i think)

Mar 3, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #292 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by daouda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Deephile, those are good questions, but... you should change your avatar! I thought this was headfier the_search_never_ends asking those questions and i was puzzled (since he owns a few of those IEMs you're mentionning i think)

Hmm, true. I replaced my avatar now. Hopefully this one is not used yet
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 3, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #294 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by deephile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm just wondering, a few months ago lots of head-fiers were praising the new kings of dynamic IEMs: first the JVC FX500 and later the Denon C710, especially because these have a deeper, better bass, without a midbass hump. And cheaper. However, the new contender, the MTP Gold and Copper are still compared to the IE8. Why is that?

1. The FX500 and C710 were only FOTM and their flaws came to the surface in the meanwhile and the IE8 is still the etalon, or
2. There are simply no people so far who owns the FX500 or C710 together with the MTP so they cannot compare, or
3. The FX500 and C710 users are absolutely satisfied with their IEMs, they finished their search for the perfect phone, healed from upgraditis, left head-fi and just enjoying pure music. The remaining IE8 users will switch to MTP Gold or Copper soon.

(disclaimer: no offence, I do not own any of these IEMS, but I would like to buy one of them, unfortunately without an opportunity to audition/compare)

Probably some of all three
smily_headphones1.gif

For me, I sold the C710 because the WM2 did everything better. IMO, except bass speed. I now have a loaner FX500, C710 as well as the Copper. They are in different leagues. Until the Copper, your choices for higher priced dynamics were the IE8 and just recently the RE252 (that I can recall at this moment). Most other higher priced recent IEMs ($200+) are BAs. The IE8 has the Sennheiser sound signature that many might not prefer, so when the FX and C came along, they were a breath of fresh air for some people. The Copper is has a much more neutral sound signature than any of the other three, which will be a big attraction. And while the FX and C are extremely good with certain genres, they aren't my preference at all with others (FX for acoustic, C for electronic). The IE8 and Copper can do both very well IMO, but the Copper sounds more natural doing it. I think the IE8 sounds like you are sitting in the back of a Jazz club (or dance club), while the Copper has a much more traditional presentation that people are used to.

That is my 0.02!

Mar 3, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #295 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably some of all three
smily_headphones1.gif

For me, I sold the C710 because the WM2 did everything better. IMO, except bass speed. I now have a loaner FX500, C710 as well as the Copper. They are in different leagues. Until the Copper, your choices for higher priced dynamics were the IE8 and just recently the RE252 (that I can recall at this moment). Most other higher priced recent IEMs ($200+) are BAs. The IE8 has the Sennheiser sound signature that many might not prefer, so when the FX and C came along, they were a breath of fresh air for some people. The Copper is has a much more neutral sound signature than any of the other three, which will be a big attraction. And while the FX and C are extremely good with certain genres, they aren't my preference at all with others (FX for acoustic, C for electronic). The IE8 and Copper can do both very well IMO, but the Copper sounds more natural doing it. I think the IE8 sounds like you are sitting in the back of a Jazz club (or dance club), while the Copper has a much more traditional presentation that people are used to.

That is my 0.02!

Thanks for hipping me to the Copper @ Joe. There are some stubborn head-fiers, refusing to give it a try even.. lol.. But oh well, their lost.

Mar 3, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #296 of 1,752
Hi guys am getting more intrigued by the coppers so any responses to these questions of mine by anyone owning or have owned both phones will be very welcomed. Between the IE8 and the Coppers:

1) Which sounds the more natural and realistic?
2)Which has the more accuracy in timbre?
3)Which conveys a more vivid portrayal of air around the instruments?
4)Which has the better textural detail?
5) Which seems to be the more coherent? coherency not in terms of frequency response but in terms of how it brings the music together.

Thanks!

Mar 3, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #297 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by HONEYBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys am getting more intrigued by the coppers so any responses to these questions of mine by anyone owning or have owned both phones will be very welcomed. Between the IE8 and the Coppers:

5) Which seems to be the more coherent? coherency not in terms of frequency response but in terms of how it brings the music together.

Thanks!

1. Copper
2. Copper
3. Copper
4. Depends (IE8 if you like textural warmth) .....(Copper if you like textural detail)
5. IE8

Mar 3, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #298 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by HONEYBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks!

So I don't agree 100% with ericp10, but I am using tips extenders on my IE8. And these are only my opinions
smily_headphones1.gif

1) IE8. The IE8 is like being at the back of a club for a live performance, the Copper is more like listening to very good speakers. Again, the Copper is a more "usual" presentation I think more people will enjoy. And the Copper is not far behind.
2) About the same
3) Copper
4) IE8
5) IE8, but with many songs the Copper is on par.

Mar 3, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #299 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by deephile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Had the FX500. Still have the C710, IE8, and MTP gold.

The FX500 was way too harsh for my ears. Piercing highs that irritated me. It had excellent deep bass extension and very good soundstage which for me, were the only redeemable qualities. Overall, not even close to the enjoyment of musical presentation that I have with the IE8.

The C710 doesn't have the harshness of the FX500, but has more of a U shaped sound signature. Loved the bass it produced and the sense of openness/airiness. Hate how short the cord is. I have to add the extension cable which add more bulk and weight, which adds more strain and makes me feel that they are going to fall out of my ear. A marked improvement over the FX500 but still not at the level of the IE8.

I like the MTP Gold better than the FX500 and C710. At first I wasn't impressed with the treble presentation but that changed when I switched over to UE tips. The highs are now bright and detailed but never sibilant or harsh. It has a smooth and warm presentation that I find relaxing. It's good but is it IE8 good? From my perspective, no. With the UE tips, the only thing that I like better than the IE8, are the highs.

In summary, I have found bits and pieces of sound signature from the FX500, C710, and MTP that I like better but in terms of overall presentation, they cannot match the IE8. I fell for the FOTM hype and decided to buy them to hear them personally. I guess I was desperately waiting for an iem that can do what the IE8 can do but at a higher level. I'm now interested in the Future Sonics custom iem, which uses a different driver from the M5/M8, and the Final Audio Design FI-DC1601SB. Someone has mentioned that the Final Audio Design FI-DC1601SB makes the IE8 sound like cheap earbuds in comparison.

Mar 3, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #300 of 1,752
So I don't agree 100% with ericp10, but I am using tips extenders on my IE8. And these are only my opinions

1) IE8. The IE8 is like being at the back of a club for a live performance, the Copper is more like listening to very good speakers. Again, the Copper is a more "usual" presentation I think more people will enjoy. And the Copper is not far behind.
2) About the same
3) Copper
4) IE8
5) IE8, but with many songs the Copper is on par.

Hey buddy, it's perfectly okay to disagree with me (somewhat....lol). See, I think with those questions it all depends on the individuals taste in sound signature. I always want to stress that I have not fallen out of love with the IE8. They're still one of my favorites, but for me the IE8s are like listening to a great stereo system with an expensive vinyl record player. I just never get that live feel. The Coppers have a more live feel whether listening to recorded or actually being at a live show. That's just how I hear it of course. Even better with the live feel are the e-Q7s. They just make the instruments sound like I'm sitting in the room with the musicians. although they are performing through speakers/monitors in the same room. Just how I hear it. No right or wrong..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back