Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Feb 21, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #107 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintkeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i know right? its really ridiculous..

i've ordered some from ebay..

hmm careful that some on ebay might be fake, but nevertheless, some have commented the fakes are almost equally as good and cheaper too
smily_headphones1.gif

sonystyle website should have it no?

Feb 21, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #109 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kunlun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, it's totally cool. You should definitely post about the MD's here. They are like an alternate version of the MTP's anyway.

Well thanks, I agree, The MD set is certainly similar to the MTP series. And it's a sfe haven in this thread. Not many people care to know about the Monster iem's. I don't feel like posting in thread with no interest.

As far as the sony hybrid tips on ebay, I have heard mostly good stuff on them, I but some eartips from ebay, that are indeed knock offs, although, they are not the sony, they are for the senn ie series, and I can't tell a difference as far as fit goes. I wish I could comment on the sony tips more, they really don't work well for me, Best buy doesn't carry them? If ebay sells multiple sets of the same size, it's worth a try. I'm guessing they are inexpensive. The MD set is certainly been fun listening. I am thinking a full impression will take some time, at this point I like the start I'm off to with them, The housing size difference, really make as difference, as far as easy fit.

Feb 21, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #110 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintkeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they're just tips.. why would someone like to fake tips? and the item location was in US.. which is just as good as buying them from sony in the states

Oh....they do have fake tips....... I can't see it being a problem though. I have bought knock off tips (not sony) I find no difference in quality, except the ebay tips are cheaper. I wouldn't hesitate to order the tips, never had a bad experince with any tips on abay.

Feb 22, 2010 at 5:13 AM Post #113 of 1,752
So, I was asked via PM how the copper was doing, and I couldn't help but think of this post, which is what I was hearing. I was pretty disappointed. This is my 2nd one as the first one had an issue (and MC took care of the issue lightning quick).

I was using the super tips, but I guess they just don't work for me. I switched to some large silicon tips that have a larger opening and are overall a little larger than the largest included silicon tips. Now the Copper is again in the top tier of IEMs IMO! On with the burn in...

Feb 22, 2010 at 9:28 AM Post #115 of 1,752
Hey Never Ending Search, thanks for the link, I appreciate that. I will order these Phonak tips and compare to the rest of the tips. BTW, I had read from several people, that ultimate tip solution, at least for them, was to cut off the smallest portion of the large tri-phalange that came with the turbines. I decided to try this last week. Its true, the sound does open up more, the upper range has better clarity, the left to right panning even seemed to be more effective, at least more spacious. The only down side, is that the bass lost a little bit of its kick, which actually might appeal to some? I contacted monster, and they are sending me another entire suit of tips, so I will be able to compare the large tri-phalange, to the modded large bi-phalange. Something to think about? When I reduced the triphalange, they seemed a little more loose in my ears, but it was nice that they didn't dig as deep in my canal, annoying the inside of my ear.

Feb 22, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #116 of 1,752
Oh, and Search, I know you aren't 100% ready to give your full thoughts on the MD, but I am gearing up to purchase either the pro gold, pro copper, or MD, and would REAAALLLLY appreciate your input, as the MD are limited in quantity, and I am not sure how much longer they will be available for purchase? Are you considering selling yours?

Feb 22, 2010 at 5:23 PM Post #117 of 1,752
Hello everyone, I am pretty interested in these but the price is a bit off-putting. I dont see these available in Europe and the cheapest place that sells them internationally seem to be both earphonesolutions and soundearphones but they are still 380.
Is one call still at 220 and will they sell internationally?
Also once those new hybrid tips by monster come out do you think they will be included in the package.
I heard in this thread for the first time about the md-edition. I too am interested in the compasison against the copper.
Greetings, Anouk,

Feb 22, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #118 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Maximus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, and Search, I know you aren't 100% ready to give your full thoughts on the MD, but I am gearing up to purchase either the pro gold, pro copper, or MD, and would REAAALLLLY appreciate your input, as the MD are limited in quantity, and I am not sure how much longer they will be available for purchase? Are you considering selling yours?

NO! mine will not be for sale I like them. My advice, try J&R, well wait if you got enough bling, anything I own is for sale.lol I am quite pleased with the MD set. I will say this, the MD set is a little closer to the gold soundwise than the copper. The mids are the BIG thing with the MD.

Feb 23, 2010 at 6:32 AM Post #119 of 1,752
Hello again, The ortofon is on my shortlist as well. I know nobody has heard these two yet but i agree with others if someone would take the plunge to compare these two that would be truly interesting.
The other iems on my shortlist are the klipsch x10 and the atrio v2, although from these 3 from what I read i think i might prefer the copper.
I am not sure yet so if someone can compare these two against the copper or even against the gold that would be great.
Greetings, Anouk,

Feb 23, 2010 at 7:03 AM Post #120 of 1,752
Search, give me your thoughts on this... Do the golds provide anything that the MD cannot provide? In other words, do they have any strengths or over the MD? Is it safe to say the MD can do everything the gold can do, and more? I love the bass authority on my turbines and don't want to lose that by going to any of the other monster options.

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Maximus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back