Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Feb 20, 2010 at 5:28 AM Post #91 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enanthate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL....I've been really good trying to enjoy my most recent purchase. After I hear your impressions on the miles davis, I might just throw in the towel. I couldn't tell you how many times I've read the the ortofon impressions thread
confused_face.gif

Oh, I've been meaning to ask: How would you compare the copper's with the custom 3's?

Feb 20, 2010 at 5:32 AM Post #92 of 1,752
Quote:

Sorry but I wasn't able to get either size of the super tips to form a complete seal.
frown.gif

No problem, I have a follow-up!

Could you or one of the other copperheads compare the PFE's with the sony extra tips?
(those who have managed a supertip fit, please compare the PFE's and the sony's to the supertips, please)

Feb 20, 2010 at 5:40 AM Post #93 of 1,752
hah i found the only tip that worked alright was the largest triple flange.. but it wasn't a great seal and it was all the way in.. felt like if i pressed a little on the earbud it'll stab my eardrum.

whens the perfect tip coming out? was on the monster site and didn't see anything about it.. perhaps i'm looking in the wrong place?

Feb 20, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #94 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kunlun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, I've been meaning to ask: How would you compare the copper's with the custom 3's?

The custom 3's have a very similar sound signature but are lacking the extreme openness and air that the coppers excel at. The MTPC also have a fuller midbass and bass extension. Though I still cannot recommend the customs to anyone without a demo first, the cable is the most microphonic one I've come across.

Feb 21, 2010 at 2:52 AM Post #95 of 1,752
Quote:

The custom 3's have a very similar sound signature but are lacking the extreme openness and air that the coppers excel at. The MTPC also have a fuller midbass and bass extension. Though I still cannot recommend the customs to anyone without a demo first, the cable is the most microphonic one I've come across.

I was going to buy the Custom 3, due to the cheap current asking price, and was advised the very same thing about the cable, by all accounts, it seems klipsch has a winner in the custom 3 if they redesign the cable, which I'm told is at least as bad as Enanthate says, his opinion is one of the softer voices on the cable issue, I think mainly since it seems so senseless to offer up what could be a winner otherwise with a dreadful and potentially failure prone cable. Other than that the, person I asked (great headfier) said it sound sig was similar to the ie7, so, if that helps.....I can offer this, after a very long session with the copper's on...I switched to the ie7, the result was the ie7 fall short of the copper. Which pains me, I like the ie7, quite a bit. And they are no slouch. The copper is better in every way. yes even soundstage ( all this is just my opinion)

Feb 21, 2010 at 4:38 AM Post #97 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by the search never ends /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Miles Davis set= off to a good start, except those elusive "perfect fit tips" are MIA.

You've got them already? Talk about fast shipping.

Feb 21, 2010 at 5:16 AM Post #99 of 1,752
I will make a few observations concerning the Miles Davis set. First, I like the much more "understated" look of the housing. The blue wires are a bit thinner than the Copper and Gold, so all 3 are different, the gold have the softest, the Copper the springiest, the MD the thinnest. Not sure what to make of the blue wires. The extra case you get, while very nice to look at, is strictly for displaying them. It would be too much troublr to put the set in there (imo) The little blue cloth for cleaning the housing is kind of ironic since thay are less shiny than either the copper or gold. The other two pouches are identical to what come with the others, except blue. And even though they stuffed considerably more (cd's extra case etc.) The box is the same size, and suffed big time.
As far as sound I have no opinon to give, other than they differ from the gold and copper. I'm listening now, and will post thoughts when I have any. Although highly impressed with the gold/copper, I'm not a fanboy type. I have no loyalty to anything other than my ears in the hifi world.

Feb 21, 2010 at 6:26 AM Post #100 of 1,752
Another little detail, the MD set, like the glod came with two sixes of single flange, the copper three, no idea why, but the ones with the gold/MD are a better fit, also for reasons I can't expalin, the MD set, just sit in my ears much better than the other two.
I don't mean to hijack the copper thread, not many people have any interest in the monster iem's, so I hesitate to start a new thread. When I first got the gold, I saw next to no interest in them. Hopefully, nobody in the thread will mind. I will try to help anyone that wants impressions on how the 3 compare, once I am ready to. Edit: I am not believing this, I just stuffed the MD set in my ears, after pulling them out, it dawned on me why they sit in my ears better, the housing is a smaller diameter.

Feb 21, 2010 at 8:10 AM Post #101 of 1,752
Would someone mind attaching a link for the silicon phonak ear tips? I already have the sony tips and love them, but really want to explore additional tips. If there is a set that has the widest array of options from phonak that would be tremendous. I want to make sure I order the right sizes, because I see you can purchase medium, large, etc, and I am looking for a suit that has one of each. Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 21, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #104 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by the search never ends /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another little detail, the MD set, like the glod came with two sixes of single flange, the copper three, no idea why, but the ones with the gold/MD are a better fit, also for reasons I can't expalin, the MD set, just sit in my ears much better than the other two.
I don't mean to hijack the copper thread, not many people have any interest in the monster iem's, so I hesitate to start a new thread. When I first got the gold, I saw next to no interest in them. Hopefully, nobody in the thread will mind. I will try to help anyone that wants impressions on how the 3 compare, once I am ready to. Edit: I am not believing this, I just stuffed the MD set in my ears, after pulling them out, it dawned on me why they sit in my ears better, the housing is a smaller diameter.

No, it's totally cool. You should definitely post about the MD's here. They are like an alternate version of the MTP's anyway.

Feb 21, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #105 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintkeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmmm i can't seem to find sony hybrids around my locale..

so whats the verdict on phonak tips vs sony tips?

they don't have it in sonystyle stores?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back