Monster Turbine Pro Copper Replacements
Jul 6, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #106 of 119
jayess, my pair broke about 3-ish years ago and every time I contacted the customer service every 6 months or so the company representative assured me that a new lineup of monster turbine will come out and suggested I wait. After multiple attempts and many months and years of waiting, this time I just gave up on the idea of waiting deciding to go with the 24K headphones instead. FYI, I've only owned a single pair of MTPC which I bought at Amazon for $300. IMO, I don't think they will fully honor the warranty with another turbine copper as advertised.  In fact, the so-called "mess" has been ongoing for the past 3 years. The best offer they will give is offering you a replacement with another model.

I did suggest the company should replace the MTPC with the same model available in 3rd party stores/retailers such as Amazon, but the company won't allow that for obvious reasons (e.g. 3rd party involvement, long complex process, etc). At least I will be selling the 24K headphones to get some of my money back, so that's the positive side. I highly recommend doing this since Monster products and services won't be good as advertised. 

Jul 14, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #107 of 119
The best part about the lifetime warranty is how Monster tells you they'll let you pick something of equal price from their website.

Sorry, random phone rep, but your fine print says I can redeem my lifetime warranty for a similar product of equal or GREATER value! So I'm going to hold out for the new turbines. When they tell me it's worth more than I paid, I'll shove the fine print in their face.

Hopefully I'm not waiting for another few years though. :frowning2:

Aug 29, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #108 of 119
ahhh crap my turbine pro golds broke. The connecting plug broke and I only hear volume in right earbud.
Hmmmm should I try to replace the plug or replace it with their bluetooth sport headphones?

Aug 30, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #110 of 119
I am still considering that or maybe just get a budget earbuds and wait some time for monster to posibly release new product.

Question considering the fact mtpg is 5 years old would good budget earbuds from 2015 sound the same,better or worst? I would assume that there was sI'm technology advencment in those years. I am thinking about pistons 3.

Jan 12, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #111 of 119
To those who might be interested, I managed to fix my Monster Turbine Pro Gold which for the third time gave up on me some year ago. I had exactly the same symptoms each and every time after similar usage periods (they would last me a good 6-9 months of heavy daily use and suddenly one earpiece would die). I figured out what the culprit is with these IEMs and totally brought my left earpiece back to life.

Symptoms: One of the earpieces suddenly starts to drop in volume and this will continue until the balance is like 10/90% in volume. Sometimes when the problems start they temporarily disappear only to return back later and stay.

Well, since I heard they didn't manufacture the Turbine's anymore I figured I still had my one time replacement warranty and I wanted my MTPG back. Now I already noticed that the sound from the earpiece did not come from the front, when listening to the backside of the earpiece a lot of the sound came from there. It was leaking sound from the back of my earpiece which my good earpiece didn't. Anyhow I was desperately looking for a method to open the earpiece so I went and tried to remove the protective mesh from the front side. I did this while at the same time playing music through them so I would know whenever I broke them for good (which I was expecting to happen). However, as soon as the mesh came loose from the front .... I couldn't believe it ... sound came from the front again. The earpiece was sealed airtight because the mesh was clogged ... en behind this first mesh is maybe 2mm of space followed by another mesh! Right now my left earpiece is not only working again, it feels like it is even a few percent louder and clearer than my right piece now. I had this exact symptom with sound leaking from the rear side of my earpiece with at least one other pair as well. And when I closely examine the mesh I'm not surprised it is clogging so easily, it's a pretty fine mesh and quite thick plus there's this small space behind it where earwax and such build up.

Here's some pictures of my MTPG:

2 Pictures of the clogged and removed mesh:
https://www.bronk-ict.nl/Monster1.jpg
https://www.bronk-ict.nl/Monster2.jpg

Here my fully intact right earpiece: https://www.bronk-ict.nl/Monster3.jpg

And the resurrected left earpiece: https://www.bronk-ict.nl/Monster4.jpg

If you still have your one time replacement warranty and your symptoms match, specifically the one where the sound is leaking out on the rear side, it might be worth a shot for you.

My left earpiece now sounds exactly as it did in the those first few months ... I'd never thought I would be listening music on them again after monster discontinued them.

Edit:
My right earpiece was out of balance indeed, and with this one I did exactly the same and removed the screen which is fitted loose in the earpiece. With a tiny needle you can get it out by gently moving it in circles in the tiny gap between the screen, by also gently pushing somewhat upward you can lift it out smoothly. Do not apply pressure, you do not want to stick your needle in too deeply. My turbines sound better than ever, very clear!

Jan 24, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #112 of 119
I am still considering that or maybe just get a budget earbuds and wait some time for monster to posibly release new product.

Question considering the fact mtpg is 5 years old would good budget earbuds from 2015 sound the same,better or worst? I would assume that there was sI'm technology advencment in those years. I am thinking about pistons 3.

As much as I love my Turbine Coppers, I wouldn't recommend anybody holding their breath for a sequel - at least not from Monster. There's some interesting hybrid drivers coming out from iMore than sound pretty good and are also quite reasonably priced. (The DUNU DN-2000 also sounds very good, if you can tolerate the poor ergonomics.)

I have to send my congrats to DrSkaffa for saving his pair of Coppers :grinning: I still love mine and find their sound very close to $1000 IEMs like the SE846. Even 5 years later, the Coppers are still quite beautiful-sounding headphones that compete well with the latest and greatest.

Mar 12, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #114 of 119
I lost the mesh screens on my turbines so I replaced them with small pieces of paper and poked some holes in them. They work pretty well actually, still sound pretty good! Here's a link http://imgur.com/GTitzvl
The only other pair of earphones I have to compare with are Etymotic Er4s and these MTPC are so different. MTPC have thumpier bass, overall they're not as clear, vocals aren't as enjoyable to listen to, but are more fun (especially for EDM, hip hop, etc.) My MTPC definitely have started to fall apart though. Really considered just replacing it with one of Monster's other products but honestly they all kinda suck 
frown.gif
 so much for "lifetime warranty." 

Mar 12, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #115 of 119
I suspect those screens serve no purpose other than as a wax guard. I'd just take out the bits of paper!

One thought for those whose MTPCs are dying - try finding a pair of the original turbines and just put supertips on them. IMHO, there's very little difference in sound (once both are using the same supertips) and the regular turbines are cheaper and more easily available. Check out the FR curves from Innerfidelity:

Regular turbines:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/MonsterTurbine.pdf

Coppers:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/MonsterTurbineProCopper.pdf

You'd be forgiven for thinking these were the same earphone, no? The differences are smaller than the differences between the left and right earbuds!

These are still very fun earphones. I own the ER4S too, but prefer the Turbines. You can EQ in a bit more treble on the turbines. You can't EQ in sub-bass on the ER4S, as it just isn't there to begin with.

Mar 12, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #116 of 119
I don't know how to really read those graphs but wow! The right and left earbuds don't seem to be close at all! I think I'll just stick to the coppers, though, as I'm not really looking to purchase another pair of turbines, unless someone wants to buy my pair, but I doubt there's any interest as they're not in the best shape. I use the paper things because I kind of have an earwax problem. It's pretty bad.  But yeah, pretty satisfied with them, got a lot of use out of them before they started deteriorating. 

Apr 11, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #118 of 119
I don't think anything is in development. I've read that they're working on upgrades, but that was years ago.

I'm curious about what a rep would say when you point out the warranty though. "Equal or GREATER value" is what's written, but everyone states being offered equal or less value when they call.

Anyone have any info on that?

Apr 11, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #119 of 119
I still have (and still love) my Monster Turbine Coppers. I still swap them out occasionally for my KSE1500s, which cost ten times the price. They're still a great pair of headphones. Sadly, I'm now totally convinced they were a one-off fluke. I've seen no serious attempt at IEMs from Monster since then.

I heard Beyerdynamic's Xelento last weekend at CanJam. Also a single dynamic (Tesla) driver. They were awesome. They rival the Coppers in the low end and have a really nice treble extension too. Of course, they're also about $1000 :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back