monster turbine coppers an upgrade over triplefi's?
Aug 19, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #16 of 33
I wonder when Ultimate Ears will be in stock of the Triple.Fi 10 cables. I ordered them about a month ago, and I still haven't gotten them. I ordered Apple In-Ear Headphones to hold me off. 

But I'm thinking of buying the Klipsch X10i or the Monster Turbine Pro Copper now. I'm leaning towards the Klipsch though.

Aug 19, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #18 of 33
Spade, thanks I look forward to hearing about your impressions. based on the posts though, I'll probably hold on to the triples for a bit LoganT, it's discouraging to hear you've been waiting a month on your replacement cables from UE. I ordered mine a week ago and was hoping they would be coming soon. I ended up buying a pair of Senn HD-25's this morning to try out a different class of headphone while I'm waiting on my cables. the SM3's that Zarim suggested look very interesting though. still reading lots of reviews and the giant thread on that earphone.

-- berto

Aug 19, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #21 of 33
Technically I think the TF10 is a bit better than both although the fit was a pita for me on the TF10. I don't consider the MD's better than the Coppers however.

The TF10 sound is pretty unique in the way it presents things.

Aug 19, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #22 of 33

Quote:

The TF10 sound is pretty unique in the way it presents things.

I've heard a few phones that are 'unique' in how they present things.  Problem for me is that they tend to be more 'unique' than real life to my ears.  

Aug 19, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #23 of 33
It's mostly the sound stage. They have a pretty large stage for a BA earphone and how they go about with it. Of course I didn't own them long since they tried their best in causing my ears physical pain.

Aug 19, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #24 of 33

Quote:
It's mostly the sound stage. They have a pretty large stage for a BA earphone and how they go about with it. Of course I didn't own them long since they tried their best in causing my ears physical pain.

Oh yea they definitely had a large soundstage. I didn't have fit issues (luckily) and loved them for pop/electronic music. 

Aug 20, 2010 at 3:25 AM Post #26 of 33
Having owned both I would say the MTPC are between a sidegrade and an upgrade. Having said that I don't think either pair are worth their suggested retail price. But given the choice between the two I would take the MTPC every time over the TF10. But I also prefer a forward sounding midrange which the Copper have vs. the recessed mids of the TF10. I also feel the bass and treble of the MTPC while not as detailed are more dynamic sounding, musical, and balanced which eclipses the difference of detail.

Aug 20, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #27 of 33

Quote:
I've heard a few phones that are 'unique' in how they present things.  Problem for me is that they tend to be more 'unique' than real life to my ears.  

LOL  , A certain  iem in my collection springs to mind ,for some strange reason, i am sure you know which one i mean 
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back