Monster Tron T1
Dec 16, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #61 of 193
They only have Beats (non-audiophile) and Turbine (audiophile) series so far. And the Turbine series includes the Miles Davis tribute.

What pisses Head-fi off about Monster is that they price the two series the same. In fact, the Beats series seem to be getting more expensive...

Dec 16, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #62 of 193
I tried to get monster to send me a set of Beats Studios Pros and was told head fi isnt popular enough for them to care. 

Monster knows and reads up on everything we say about them.  They could care less as they are the best selling headphones company ever.  They are outselling everyone 10 to 1.  It's all about marketing and nobody else besides bose and monster actually advertise on tv.    I would buy them, strip the driver out and replace it with a sennheiser or denon, something that actually sounds good.

Dec 16, 2010 at 2:54 PM Post #63 of 193

Quote:
I tried to get monster to send me a set of Beats Studios Pros and was told head fi isnt popular enough for them to care. 

Monster knows and reads up on everything we say about them.  They could care less as they are the best selling headphones company ever.  They are outselling everyone 10 to 1.  It's all about marketing and nobody else besides bose and monster actually advertise on tv.    I would buy them, strip the driver out and replace it with a sennheiser or denon, something that actually sounds good.

The problem still remains in finding a decently priced Monster carcass for the swap.  

Dec 16, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #64 of 193
Personally I wouldnnt do the swap at all. Wearing them makes you look like a tool.

Dec 16, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #65 of 193

Quote:
Personally I wouldnnt do the swap at all. Wearing them makes you look like a tool.

Actually I kinda like the idea of masking what I'm really listening to.  I've got a few ideas for making some stealth phones.  The Monsters aren't part of that plan though lol.

Dec 16, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #66 of 193
There are an awful lot of headphones that make you look like a tool that are popular around here. Pretty much every single headphone that is full size and widely accept makes you look like a tool.  At least with the monsters you can purposely look like a fool, instead of lying to ourselves in thinking we dont look like a tool wearing the ad700, akg701, shure 840, ect ect 

not defending monster here, but i do like the design and kind wish it would become more widely accepted to wear weird things like that in public, the anime fan in me speaking here i guess

Dec 16, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #67 of 193
Back before I really knew what a set of cans should sound like I had some in ear beats. The things broke and when i sent them in monster lost them. So i just really dont like monster. I paid to much for them to break and sound like they did. Then they lost my phones.

Dec 16, 2010 at 4:37 PM Post #70 of 193
I had a similar experience, I sent mine in for repair, got it back 3 weeks later with no repairs done, and scratches all over it, sent that back, got the wrong color one back saying it was mine, the next day I got mine in the mail still unfixed with a piece of paper that said something about the repair job being completed...still was scratched, driver was still blown out and a new crack in the headband, sent that one with a note and my proof of repair order literally taped to it along with a bigger note saying DO NOT SEND THIS BACK TO ME UNFIXED, IT IS UNDER WARRANTY AND YOU CRACKED THE HEADBAND 

got that one back with only the driver replaced, no fix in the headband.  I spent an hour harassing a rep about all of it and was transferred to a manager who said he would handle the situation, 2 weeks later i get a package of headphones that were a extremely used and smelled like smoke and b.o.

Monster never fixed the issue and I decided to quit and give up, lost a hefty amount of $ there form their stupidly overpriced beats.  Im no monster fan either, I think i posted this story of mine a while back here on head fi >.>

Dec 16, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #71 of 193
Really strange.  Must be a completely different Management team for the headphones.  I never ran across these stories or experiences when dealing w/ them in the Car audio or Home theater world.  Other people report different positive experiences here.  Some person was gloating the other day that Monster sent them 3 brand new Beats as replacements and never asked for the others back.

Dec 16, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #72 of 193

Quote:
Really strange.  Must be a completely different Management team for the headphones.  I never ran across these stories or experiences when dealing w/ them in the Car audio or Home theater world.  Other people report different positive experiences here.  Some person was gloating the other day that Monster sent them 3 brand new Beats as replacements and never asked for the others back.

I've had Monster replace 2 pairs of earphones, and my experience didn't even come close to the experience listed above. Generally pretty responsive and sent me out brand new earphones each time.

And I do have to say, the Trons look very gaudy with the LED and the plastic design jutting out everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back