Monster NCredible N-Ergy Impressions
Feb 16, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #91 of 162
The Monster Miles Davis Trumpets are stellar. I'm thinking, without even proper burn in yet, that they sonically are more pleasing and just as detailed as the GR07's. Much more so than the FTX90's, but i'm still enamored with the JVC's sound sig. Thick and meaty. 

Feb 16, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #92 of 162
I went all in (for me) and bought a pair of UE900 and I have to say I am absolutely smitten with their signature. They are by far the nicest sounding IEM I have ever owned. I also find them very comfortable and very good for isolation, no microphonics, and no wind issues.

Feb 20, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #93 of 162
Quote:
I went all in (for me) and bought a pair of UE900 and I have to say I am absolutely smitten with their signature. They are by far the nicest sounding IEM I have ever owned. I also find them very comfortable and very good for isolation, no microphonics, and no wind issues.

I have to say I'm just a little jealous, as I have the UE 500, 600, 700, TF 10 and UE 7, and though my UE 7's are the finest piece of audio equipment I've ever owned, I still would love to add the 900 to my UE collection, but right now it's just a bit out of my price range ($400.00). I recently sold my GR07's, and purchased the FA DBA 02's for a steal, but I don't expect them to be any better than my TF 10's or my UE 700 (with better tuning), but we'll see. I bet those 900's sound simply AMAZING?! Kudos!

Feb 20, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #94 of 162
ended up selling my GR07's. Got the FA DBA 02. 

Feb 21, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #95 of 162
Well, how does the bass compared to the sen cx300ii/cx400ii, i want to replace my ety mc5 due the lack of bass and sibilance and my broken cx400ii

i have switched to the N-RGY from my previous Senn CXL400's. I have to say I was never extremely impressed with the CXL400's sound, especially with the harsh highs. My initial feelings with N-RGY where not really positive either, I have found the complete lack of bass (compared to the Senns) quite disturbing. However after several hours of burn-ing and replacing the eartips (none of the supplied ones fit my ear, probably that was responsible for the lack of bass) I am extremely satisfied with the balanced sound of the N-RGYs. Especially the highs as much clearer. So in total I consider them superior to my previous Senns.

Feb 21, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #96 of 162
Molnart I am glad your enjoying the Nrgy IEM, for the price they are a very nice IEM in my opinion.

IEMagnet01 I think you need to consolidate some of your mid-fi IEM's and go all in on the UE900 :wink:. It will complete your collection! Plus I think you might just use the UE900 as your main Universal IEM.

Feb 21, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #97 of 162
Quote:
Molnart I am glad your enjoying the Nrgy IEM, for the price they are a very nice IEM in my opinion.

IEMagnet01 I think you need to consolidate some of your mid-fi IEM's and go all in on the UE900
wink.gif
. It will complete your collection! Plus I think you might just use the UE900 as your main Universal IEM.

dweaver, been thinking that very same thing. Just got done selling my GR07's on ebay, and i'm putting up my JVC HA-FXT90's and my Monster Miles Davis Trumpets up on ebay too, so between the three of those and a little extra cash, I think I'm going to do just as you suggested and get the 900's, The issue has been that no matter how nice these aforementioned dynamic drivers are, and ALL THREE are VERY NICE, they all just pale in comparison to my UE 7's. The UE 7's are similar to my TF 10's, but with a much more balanced sound, details, and soundstage due to LARGER armature drivers in the custom casings. But I don't like taking them outside into the elements, as i feel they might get damaged due to condensation and cold, so a nice quad driver universal like the 900 will more than likely hit that sweet spot i'm looking for, and it would complete my UE collection.

Feb 22, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #98 of 162
so long as you don't have the QC issues some have had I am sure you will love their sound and if you do have QC issues JUST MAKE Logitech FIX EM! That's my plan!

Feb 22, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #99 of 162
SOLD : My JVC HA-FXT90 on ebay and my Monster Miles Davis Trumpet (to my fiancee, so i still get to use them when I want!!) and selling my HiFiMan RE-ZERO, so if I can unload the ZERO's for my asking price, then I'll have the money for ordering the UE 900, which I'll do as soon as i can sell these RE's. Thanks for the suggestion, dweaver. I look forward to listening to the 900's and seeing how they compare to my UE 7 and my TF 10's. :)

Feb 22, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #100 of 162
I think you will like them. You sound a lot like me. I tried to be satisfied with midfi gear but once your used to a certain quality it's hard to go back.

Feb 22, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #101 of 162
yeah. sounds like we have the same audio tendencies. i'm definitely getting the 900's. I just got the FA DBA02 mk ii ands these are so clean and detailed. the only thing i don't like is the fit for tips because it's an ultra thin nozzle, so it's really selective of tips, hence the fit for me is questionable. So far, aside from the UE TF 10, fit has been near perfect with all my Ultimate Ears purchases. 

Feb 23, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #102 of 162
I struggled with the TF10 as well. The UE900 is very comfortable though and has above average isolation for a universal

Feb 26, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #103 of 162
I'm waiting for my 900's. 3-5 business days. Can't wait to try them out. Got rid of my TF 10's. Never used them, and they never fit right in my awkward left ear. I see you sold your JVC FXZ 100s. Didn't like the sound signature?? i was thinking about the 200's before the 900 purchase. 

Feb 26, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #104 of 162
I liked the FXZ100 but not enough to keep them. They lacked the open airiness and type of mids and treble I like. Plus while they were comfortable they were massive beasties. The UE900 have been much more comfortable and low profile for me.

Apr 3, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #105 of 162
Since I've gone to headphones now (HE-400 & HD600 are my first 2) I've sold most all my IEM's that I think people will buy but I'm left with some I don't think will get much consideration like the GR04, XBA-1 and these the Monster NCredible's.  I have to say these are actually very good sounding IEM's and almost sound analytical which is something you don't consider a Monster IEM trait.  The treble is crisp and very detailed, mids are balanced with the rest of the frequencies and they to are quite detailed and the bass is very natural and these aren't even close to being bass monster but the bass is very clean.  The presentation is also very good with a wider than average soundstage that has good depth and height and the separation and imaging are also quite good.  I've been listening to them for the past hour or so and I'm very impressed with them. You can find them new for around $50 or $60 and imo is well worth it if you can deal with the somewhat kiddy like style of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back