Monster NCredible N-Ergy Impressions
Dec 1, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #151 of 162
The N-lites are only 40.00 in Walmart (while 60 in the official monster website) also read Monster discontinued manufacturing the N-ergys, which confirms what i assumed about the N-lites replacing the Nergy's...

Dec 2, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #152 of 162
Ok everyone. I tried a new thing with the tape mod which fills out the bass just slightly, mellows the treble just a bit, while producing NO driver flex at all.

Use black electrical tape, with a nailclipper cut a very small piece and cover just half of the vent hole. If you cover it completely, it wil result in a lot of driver flex. Use your finger nail to move the piece of tape to partially cover about 50% of the vent hole , leave just a tiny, barely visible opening to get rid of the driver flex. this will fill out the mid-bass (as opposed to the significant sub-bass increase when covering the vent hole completely) and will smooth out the highs while avoiding a warm tilt. Enjoy

Dec 5, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #153 of 162
“Pure Monster Sound™ is kind of what we did after I did all the Beats stuff. We learned in phases. First up we got the low bass out of the headphones, and that’s what revolutionized. That’s what your kids want to hear, as bass is what moves you – whether you’re exercising or dancing – you gotta hear that low end. We did that with all of the Beats products; then we said, “What’s next besides the tight bass? And that’s when we said, “Let’s work on the mids, highs and the transparency of the soundSo instead of the goal of hearing what the recording engineers and producers hear, with Pure Monster Sound, I wanted to hear through the microphone. So up close to your ear, you’re hearing Alicia’s microphone, and the one on the piano. So I think we’ve got as close to that as anybody could.

Monster also worked with other artist such as miles davis at the same time as dre, making a headphone liter in bass with more mids,etc, so they have always played both sides like sony...Monster just seems less popular all around these days.

Dec 8, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #154 of 162
They seem to be infamous for overpricing their products, specially cables. But overall, this IEM seems prerry good. It's weird they decided to work with that Nick Cannon dude, that guy is a joke. I guess they wanted to gain an adolescent audience. Kids nowadays (especially the mainstream rap and hip-hop fans) are looking for gobs of bass. They would be terribly surprised to find out the Nergy's have a very subtle bass.

Dec 8, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #155 of 162
the Nergy's have a very subtle bass.

I agree that these are pretty decent for 40 bucks or less, though to me they have moderately emphasized bass.... Nothing like a beats product, but as I tried to point out in my impressions... If you like a neutral balance (like you'd get in an Etymotic IEM), these will seem a lot bassier... If that neutral thing isn't your preference, these probably seem balanced or slightly emphasized in the bass....

Different strokes for different folks....

Dec 26, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #156 of 162
Um... So i just got a 6th generation iPod Touch, and the bass response on the N-lites went insane, and this is without the tape mod!! Then tried my white N-ergys and they sound the same... They could almost pass for a basshead set. I had always used my cellphone for music... Im wondering, is the Ipod Touch known for its boosted bass, or is that the way headphones are supposed to sound.?

Dec 27, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #157 of 162
The first thing I thought of was to check the equalizer and make sure it's either flat or off. None of the Apple products I have are exceptionally bassy, so that's what I think your problem is.

Dec 27, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #160 of 162
They seem to be infamous for overpricing their products, specially cables. But overall, this IEM seems prerry good. It's weird they decided to work with that Nick Cannon dude, that guy is a joke. I guess they wanted to gain an adolescent audience. Kids nowadays (especially the mainstream rap and hip-hop fans) are looking for gobs of bass. They would be terribly surprised to find out the Nergy's have a very subtle bass.

Most adults also enjoy gobs of bass old timer JK, or at least that's how neutral people see it. . Given beats dominate the market. We just see it as deep rich bass like we see with a good home or car stereo in a movie theater or club.

Dec 27, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #161 of 162
Dont get me wong, I like bass, i even bought two sets of beats iems (dont bash me, theyre from the second generation, even joker and tyll from innerfidelity commended them) but i can tell when the bass is outt of balance.

Anyway I figured out why the Ipod touch 6g's default EQ has such an augmented bass response. Its because of the new design of Apple's new stock phones, the EarPods. They need extra bass boost respone in order to sound balanced.

Dec 28, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #162 of 162
Dont get me wong, I like bass, i even bought two sets of beats iems (dont bash me, theyre from the second generation, even joker and tyll from innerfidelity commended them) but i can tell when the bass is outt of balance.

Anyway I figured out why the Ipod touch 6g's default EQ has such an augmented bass response. Its because of the new design of Apple's new stock phones, the EarPods. They need extra bass boost respone in order to sound balanced.

Nothing wrong with preferring less or more bass which is why I made the old man joke, balance is based on the preference. Less bass than beats is unbalanced to me and I don't have a full EQ on my sony ps vita only presets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back