Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Apr 8, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #2,026 of 2,269

Quote:
http://m.techcrunch.com/2011/10/25/monster-miles-davis-trumpets-in-ear-headphones-review/

http://www.head-fi.org/t/585769/monster-miles-davis-tribute-vs-miles-davis-trumpets-how-do-they-compare

This is my favorite
http://www.inearmania.com/2011/12/monster-miles-davis-trumpet-review.html

some good links there :)
that mania site has some very very nice pictures!
Have to say those nozzles of the trumpets look odd in comparison to its body size!

Apr 8, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #2,027 of 2,269
some good links there :)
that mania site has some very very nice pictures!

Have to say those nozzles of the trumpets look odd in comparison to its body size!

Thanks!
Inearmania has some great reviews. Just look through their archive.
They also reviewed the tributes if anyone is interested.

Apr 8, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #2,028 of 2,269

Quote:
Thanks!
Inearmania has some great reviews. Just look through their archive.
They also reviewed the tributes if anyone is interested.

aha! Found who it is:
kckc a head-fi member

EDIT:
"There are "bassier" IEMs like the TFTA 1V/XB which are in my experience the king of mid-bass quantity."
For the MG7's

Lol ! First time I've ever read anyone but me say that.
TFTA 1XB = King of mid-bass

Apr 8, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #2,029 of 2,269

Quote:
http://m.techcrunch.com/2011/10/25/monster-miles-davis-trumpets-in-ear-headphones-review/
http://www.head-fi.org/t/585769/monster-miles-davis-tribute-vs-miles-davis-trumpets-how-do-they-compare
This is my favorite
http://www.inearmania.com/2011/12/monster-miles-davis-trumpet-review.html

Thank you very much, good sir. Exactly what I was wanting.

I'm still not sure if I'd rather get the Trumpets as a replacement for my broken Tributes. Honestly I think I'd just rather get another set of Tributes back. Because I know I love the sound of the Tributes. And I'd hate to get the Trumpets and not like their sound.

Apr 8, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #2,030 of 2,269

Quote:

I'm still not sure if I'd rather get the Trumpets as a replacement for my broken Tributes. Honestly I think I'd just rather get another set of Tributes back. Because I know I love the sound of the Tributes. And I'd hate to get the Trumpets and not like their sound.

well seeing as your tributes are broken....you don't have the choice do you?

As in, the only way to fix them would be to send them to Monster.
Worst comes to worst, you could sell brand new MDtrumpets and then try and buy used MDtributes.

Apr 8, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #2,032 of 2,269
I know these aren't the same but micro hd drivers are interesting. I own a JVC HA-FXC51 which also has a micro driver on the tip.. I know these are different tiers and earphones but if the Trumpets are anything like the FXC51s. The details in sound should be much improved over the tributes and I have a feeling the mids will have less coloration in the trumpets. So more of an honest sounding/ dryer sounding earphone vs a romantic sounding one like the tributes.

Apr 8, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #2,033 of 2,269

Quote:

No problem! Try contacting them specifically to request if they have any more tributes in stock. Should still have some left. 
Otherwise we can do a swap when the time comes. I've always wanted to try the trumpets.

Apr 9, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #2,034 of 2,269

Quote:
well from what I READ, not KNOW (i think):
-Trumpets have more forward mids
-Better cable on the trumpets
-Less bass than the tributes

Tried them against the Tributes some time back then, above you mentioned, plus i notice its sound thinned-out next to the Tributes =( So it don't sound as rich to me, But of course it could also be just Tribute's note thickness being more thicker than neutral due to its sweet and warm presentation, Hmm..

Apr 10, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #2,035 of 2,269

After reading reviews I'm desperately looking for Miles Tribute IEMs mainly because of their 'Musical' and 'Forgiving' nature. Both are really a must for me and after reading "233 IEM Comparison" by Joker I feel this is the only IEM which I'm looking for

But I'm really worried about the build quality issues with MDTs. I'm from India and I'm thinking to order via Amazon (it says $300) and if anything goes wrong it will be a real pain to get it replaced

Could anyone please let me know what is the probability for the failure? Is there any other simple way to get it replaced if it goes wrong?

Apr 10, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #2,036 of 2,269

Use them like they're from gold. If you take real good care they won't "just" break. Replacing will take a long time but shipping is maybe 12$ (In the Netherlands, India won't be more expensive I think??)
Quote:

After reading reviews I'm desperately looking for Miles Tribute IEMs mainly because of their 'Musical' and 'Forgiving' nature. Both are really a must for me and after reading "233 IEM Comparison" by Joker I feel this is the only IEM which I'm looking for

But I'm really worried about the build quality issues with MDTs. I'm from India and I'm thinking to order via Amazon (it says $300) and if anything goes wrong it will be a real pain to get it replaced

Could anyone please let me know what is the probability for the failure? Is there any other simple way to get it replaced if it goes wrong?

Apr 10, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #2,037 of 2,269

Quote:

treat with care.
But don;t get ripped off.

Buy them from the FS forums over on head-fi.
Just make sure you have proof that they are GENUINE from the nozzle and proof of purchase.
There is one going for quite cheap atm at around $130 = worth it.

If something goes wrong, and u bought it from an authorised dealer (even if ur the 3rd owner for example), then u contact monster, and ship it out to them.
They will replace it, and send u a new pair.

Apr 10, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #2,038 of 2,269
Well finally got my replacement tributes and they sent tributes instead of trumpets! My question is has anyone had luck with custom ear molds for the tributes yet? If so if you could post a link/guide that would be awesome.

I'm glad to have these back though, I've missed them :D

Apr 10, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #2,039 of 2,269

Quote:
Well finally got my replacement tributes and they sent tributes instead of trumpets! My question is has anyone had luck with custom ear molds for the tributes yet? If so if you could post a link/guide that would be awesome.

I'm glad to have these back though, I've missed them :D

How long did it take to get them back from Monster?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back