Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Feb 29, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #1,520 of 2,269
Heads up: another coupon I found (and used) was news10off2011, a 10% off all items in the Outlet store, expires at the end of 2012. Although the Tributes are not refurbished, they ARE in the outlet store, and this worked for me, which brought my order to a total of $134.95. I think that is basically stealing.

Mar 1, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #1,523 of 2,269
They shipped! I used the free shipping so they are not due for arrival until 3/6. Fed-Ex ground West Coast to East Coast. :rolleyes: I hope I like them more than I did the Coppers and will not break as quick. The coppers usually last me 8 months and then it's bad driver flex, separated housing and broken stress relief.

Mar 1, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #1,524 of 2,269

Quote:
They shipped! I used the free shipping so they are not due for arrival until 3/6. Fed-Ex ground West Coast to East Coast.
rolleyes.gif
I hope I like them more than I did the Coppers and will not break as quick. The coppers usually last me 8 months and then it's bad driver flex, separated housing and broken stress relief.

how much did u pay total then?

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #1,527 of 2,269

Quote:
They shipped! I used the free shipping so they are not due for arrival until 3/6. Fed-Ex ground West Coast to East Coast.
rolleyes.gif
I hope I like them more than I did the Coppers and will not break as quick. The coppers usually last me 8 months and then it's bad driver flex, separated housing and broken stress relief.

Now I'm wishing I ponied up for the 2 day shipping, I am also on the east coast.  I have not received a shipping email yet.

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #1,529 of 2,269
Sales tax is only applied to online orders when the website that you are purchasing the product from is located in the state in which you live, or has a retail store in the state you live. Monster is a rather large company and likely has a store in the same place as the person who bought them for you. I paid taxes on this order and I live in Texas....

I had to look into this when I bought my iMac @ $3,000 from Apple. I had always assumed all online sales were exempt from state sales tax.... I was very disappointed to get hit with the 8.25% on that sale. :p

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #1,530 of 2,269
MN also has to pay taxes with Monster purchase but not with Amazon.
Even with tax,  at this price, MD is  a great buy in my book and you get lifetime warranty :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back