Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Jul 22, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #1,382 of 2,269

Quote:
Don't hybrids suck out a lot of the treble because of the small bore?

I din hear much of a treble blunting from hybrids on MD, Rather they open up evenly for the Highs and Lows on MDTs (unlike Supertips which further smoothens the MIDs and Lows (which reducing bass-resolution for the LOWs imo) but leaves to be desired for the Lows and Slightly further more for the Highs)

And they also adds needed weight to the instruments, heightening the type of timbre i seek (and hence the intimacy, which might be a turn-off to some people), what that results is a intimate experience which is just nice, a pleasant flavor of contrast to the airily natural spaciousness i enjoyed on my FX700.

Jul 22, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #1,384 of 2,269
Now you got me thinking on that lol, I shall try it out, beat it out on a few songs & genre, and i will get back to you regarding that in a few jiffy
beerchug.gif

Jul 23, 2011 at 9:26 AM Post #1,385 of 2,269
I sold my MDT's to my brother :frowning2: O well, though the HJE-900's with my foam mod IMO sounds better, maybe I'm more suited to the sound, but wow I really took MD's mids for granted, the MD's till this day are the best for mids.

Jul 23, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #1,387 of 2,269
Yep they do! And yes i still owe Anaxilus the feedback about MDTs of FX700 stock tips, ******* lazy me haha
deadhorse.gif

Jul 23, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #1,388 of 2,269
Didn't someone(Anaxilus maybe) say Meelec double-flanges work well with these? I might have to get some. I tried cutting the tip off of a triple-flange but that didn't work. I'm kinda surprised Monster doesn't include any.

Jul 23, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #1,389 of 2,269

Quote:
Didn't someone(Anaxilus maybe) say Meelec double-flanges work well with these? I might have to get some. I tried cutting the tip off of a triple-flange but that didn't work. I'm kinda surprised Monster doesn't include any.

That's what I use most of the time on most universals.  Not all, most straight barreled. 

Jul 27, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #1,391 of 2,269

Quote:
Regarding the "driver flex" issue - does it actually exist?  I used many dynamic iems, and never experienced it.  I have experienced one side "dying" as the angle of the speaker shifts - a quick adjustment (re-pointing the speaker into my canal) causes it to come back.  So sound appearing to die or quiet as the speaker points away from the canal I can understand - but enough pressure building up to dismantle the driver I'm more skeptical of.  Well, I guess I'll find out for myself!  I'll post if I experience anything..

Well I'm now a believer!

It happened.  My left driver died on me just today.  I know Monster has a lifetime warranty on these, but I'm having second thoughts on keeping them.  I think the s/s is too warm for me, and some other iems are looking more and more interesting..

Aug 1, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #1,392 of 2,269
i agree its way too thick and warm,  if you like warm and thick S/S but not overly done like the MMDT, turbine gold is another way to go

Quote:
Well I'm now a believer!

It happened.  My left driver died on me just today.  I know Monster has a lifetime warranty on these, but I'm having second thoughts on keeping them.  I think the s/s is too warm for me, and some other iems are looking more and more interesting..

Aug 5, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #1,394 of 2,269
So in the end the MD's are better than the copper huh =(  I just bought the coppers and read this thread. I was looking for the best bass and highs and they recommended me the coppers. Didnt' know the MD's had better bass. I listen to a lot of metal and love bass. If i would of known earlier. I wish they would of told me the MD's had better bass, i would of bought the coppers. Still, im not saying the coppers are not good, they're great. But i just wanted the best of the monsters. And its just $50 difference!
frown.gif

So, is it true the cable on the MD's is much thinner than the coppers? Doesnt this make the MD's more probable to break?

Aug 5, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #1,395 of 2,269

Quote:
So in the end the MD's are better than the copper huh =(  I just bought the coppers and read this thread. I was looking for the best bass and highs and they recommended me the coppers. Didnt' know the MD's had better bass. I listen to a lot of metal and love bass. If i would of known earlier. I wish they would of told me the MD's had better bass, i would of bought the coppers. Still, im not saying the coppers are not good, they're great. But i just wanted the best of the monsters. And its just $50 difference!
frown.gif

So, is it true the cable on the MD's is much thinner than the coppers? Doesnt this make the MD's more probable to break?

Coppers have better treble and speed for Metal though maybe fatiguing for some.  MD's are more durable, they don't split.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back