Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Apr 26, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #1,261 of 2,269

Quote:
Quote:

I was about to PM a guy selling his DX1000 last night, but I couldn't bring myself to sink 550 euros into it, based on some of the impressions I read about it.

I was researching it on here and there are conflicting reports about the bass response in comparison to the D7000. The 25Hz on my D7000 and Pro900 is nothing to scoff at, but I'll always be curious until I hear the DX1000 too.

Anyway, this thread is about the MD so I'll try not to derail it! The MD can definitely reproduce 25Hz forcefully that's for sure.

Haha true! And the smoothness is really hard to beat! Quite the phone to sink back and relax into it~

Apr 26, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #1,262 of 2,269
Haha True! The MD are hard to beat with their smoothness, quite the phone for sinking back and relaxing =)

Apr 26, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #1,263 of 2,269
And yes how's the iqube with MD going so far? =)

Apr 29, 2011 at 3:56 AM Post #1,268 of 2,269
Is there any way of preventing driver flex? Every time I put the right ear piece in it makes a popping sound! The last thing I want is another duff pair of MDs due to driver flexing.

I do occasionally get this on the Coppers, but it literally happens every time with the MDs.

Apr 29, 2011 at 4:43 AM Post #1,269 of 2,269

Quote:
Is there any way of preventing driver flex? Every time I put the right ear piece in it makes a popping sound! The last thing I want is another duff pair of MDs due to driver flexing.

I do occasionally get this on the Coppers, but it literally happens every time with the MDs.

No, best thing you can do is really pull up on your ear tip and insert at an angle to let the pressure equalize before it seats fully.  Tip choice also changes how easy this is.  

May 3, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #1,271 of 2,269
How much of an issue is this flexing?

No matter what tips I use or how I insert them the right ear always clicks/pops.

I'm not sure I can use these any more for fear of damaging them and ending up with another fubar'd bass-less pair.
frown.gif

May 3, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #1,273 of 2,269

Quote:
Well, they do have a lifetime warranty so use them till they fail I'd say.

x2 , no worries Shamrock! Keep them toiling and be at ease!
Otherwise, a de-magnetizer (finally i know the name = Mapleshade's Ionoclast , demagnetizing, zapping the cables and etc parts of MD with them does sink them back to sounding oddly clean and Bass-anemic.

But surprisingly, as if it allowed me to give them a re burn-in, then things sounded peak-sweet over a short time again) , Not sure if the ionoclast will do something for the flex, but for something that has arise such as unnatural and sudden bass deficiency, that might mean no harm trying out before toiling through for another RMA Shipment.

May 4, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #1,274 of 2,269
I don't mean to put down the MD's or anything but upon listening to the MX 880 sennheisers out of my Sony X1051 with EQ- Studio +1 bass and mids pushed up +1 db, these sound freaking amazing... MD's still has better bass impact, reverb but wow the sound stage and the price I paid for them.. Now I'm considering getting the MX 980. Just thought I'd share since I think all of you who like the MD's would like the MX 880 and consdering it can be had for $30 it's a bargain!

May 4, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #1,275 of 2,269

Quote:
I don't mean to put down the MD's or anything but upon listening to the MX 880 sennheisers out of my Sony X1051 with EQ- Studio +1 bass and mids pushed up +1 db, these sound freaking amazing... MD's still has better bass impact, reverb but wow the sound stage and the price I paid for them.. Now I'm considering getting the MX 980. Just thought I'd share since I think all of you who like the MD's would like the MX 880 and consdering it can be had for $30 it's a bargain!

Don't think so.  I prefer the intimate and balanced SS and depth of the MD to wide SS.  If you wanted SS width you should have checked out the SB's or just about any other phone.  If I want to play w/ EQ I could probably faceroll a majority of IEMs using the M1 or Pro alpha.  The only phones that can compare signature wise that I've heard are the DDMs and SM3 but they have their own pluses and minuses that make them un-MD like which some may prefer.

Aren't Sony X's usually rather warm for phones like the MD?  Have you heard them amped yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back