Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Mar 3, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #1,036 of 2,269
hey guys,  i used to have the turbine gold, due to lack bass impact i returned them,  i like the sound sig, now i have eterna, they are totally different i like the bass but the mid is very shallow, i need to EQ it, still sound a lil foggy lack detail and spark

i was wondering how do you compare the miles davis to turbine gold and eterna,  how is miles davis' mid bass quantity compare to eterna and portapro? do the bass attack fast?

also how is other spec compare to the gold,  are they very similar?

Mar 3, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #1,037 of 2,269

Quote:
hey guys,  i used to have the turbine gold, due to lack bass impact i returned them,  i like the sound sig, now i have eterna, they are totally different i like the bass but the mid is very shallow, i need to EQ it, still sound a lil foggy lack detail and spark

i was wondering how do you compare the miles davis to turbine gold and eterna,  how is miles davis' mid bass quantity compare to eterna and portapro? do the bass attack fast?

also how is other spec compare to the gold,  are they very similar?

MD bass is pretty much if not identical to the Golds.  Mids and highs are better on the MDs than the Golds.  Maybe the Atrio MG7 driver is more to your liking?  Ask Kunlun.  

Mar 3, 2011 at 5:17 AM Post #1,038 of 2,269
bummer, i was hoping they got more bass than the turbine Gold. i looked into MG7, its just too plasticy for what they cost

Quote:
MD bass is pretty much if not identical to the Golds.  Mids and highs are better on the MDs than the Golds.  Maybe the Atrio MG7 driver is more to your liking?  Ask Kunlun.  

Mar 3, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #1,039 of 2,269

Quote:
bummer, i was hoping they got more bass than the turbine Gold. i looked into MG7, its just too plasticy for what they cost

The Atrios are a lot nicer in the hand than they are in jpegs.

The bass is better extended than pretty much everything, but I don't think the idea is "more bass", they are bassy, but not more so than the Miles Davis, iirc. Maybe a cheaper, bassy-iem would suit better.

Mar 3, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #1,040 of 2,269
I think i'm going to sell these, not any time soon since I'm leaving in about a week but probably when I get back and since I'm broke I can't return these for the SM3's :frowning2:

I really think Dynamics aren't my thing, I HATE the MD's when listening to silverstein, parkway drive, devildriver, trivium

but LOVE them when listening to jack johnson, alicia keys, dub step, gorillaz, birds of tokyo etc etc, pretty much anything that isn't demanding.

BUT I just can't justify keeping something this expensive when overall I still prefer the TF10s by a long shot. While it may not shine as much when listening to jack johnson etc, they are about 10x better when listening to parkway drive.

Just wanted to give an updated impression=) Though I think I'm going to get the CK90 Pros after this, hopefully they'll satisfy my needs :D

Mar 3, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #1,042 of 2,269

Quote:
I think i'm going to sell these, not any time soon since I'm leaving in about a week but probably when I get back and since I'm broke I can't return these for the SM3's :frowning2:

I really think Dynamics aren't my thing, I HATE the MD's when listening to silverstein, parkway drive, devildriver, trivium

but LOVE them when listening to jack johnson, alicia keys, dub step, gorillaz, birds of tokyo etc etc, pretty much anything that isn't demanding.

BUT I just can't justify keeping something this expensive when overall I still prefer the TF10s by a long shot. While it may not shine as much when listening to jack johnson etc, they are about 10x better when listening to parkway drive.

Just wanted to give an updated impression=) Though I think I'm going to get the CK90 Pros after this, hopefully they'll satisfy my needs :D

i think theres the truth into this iem.
it sounds good at some genre of music...and it doesnt to others.

i wish the new miles davis trumpet would be more better than the tributes.

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #1,043 of 2,269

Quote:

i think theres the truth into this iem.
it sounds good at some genre of music...and it doesnt to others.

i wish the new miles davis trumpet would be more better than the tributes.

Yup, There is no perfect iem, just whether the one you chose suits well to your needs and taste or not.

Hey Pinoyman, how's your Miles David deal coming along? =D

Mar 6, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #1,044 of 2,269
I'm not bowled over by these when listening to rock and metal with loud busy mixes and distorted guitars.  Might have to try some HJE900s with this genre...  However, they are phenomenal with anything acoustic or electronic.  Drum'n'Bass sounds great, and the Radiohead In Rainbows album is just an eargasm.  You can really hear all the nuances of the acoustic guitars and bass and the reverb on the vocals sounds lush.

Mar 6, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #1,045 of 2,269

Quote:

Yup, There is no perfect iem, just whether the one you chose suits well to your needs and taste or not.

Hey Pinoyman, how's your Miles David deal coming along? =D

yeah...but i guess MD's wasnt meant for me.
its not that it isnt good.
its just that - i am ME.
whenever i have the money for it... i always end up buying something...
and not the MDs.
i dont know why...
i bought an ortofon eq7, and now...an sm3.

hahahaha.

Mar 7, 2011 at 7:26 AM Post #1,046 of 2,269

Quote:
yeah...but i guess MD's wasnt meant for me.
its not that it isnt good.
its just that - i am ME.
whenever i have the money for it... i always end up buying something...
and not the MDs.
i dont know why...
i bought an ortofon eq7, and now...an sm3.

hahahaha.

Haha i felt you! I am aiming for JVC Victor FX700 then finally the MG6PRO, figure out i will have to go on a half-year saving spree =X

Mar 7, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #1,047 of 2,269
^im getting an sm3 bro kendric.
and i promise that this will be the end of this twist and turning journey.

its a really one hell of a ride really.

i met some friends.
some people are nice.
and others arent.

ill be quiting the headfi and headphiles (filipino community).
after the sm3.

i think ive already found what im looking for....in this long journey.
ive seen enough.
experienced enough.
and see the end of this race.

i got the best earbud, mx980.
i got the best headphone sr325is.
i got the best iems - one slightly bright and one dark, sm3 and ortofon eq7, all very smooth and liquids.
i got a good desktop set up:

ipod classic, PURE-i20, optical out to MAVERICK AUDIO D1 DAC and AUDIOENGINES A5 AND S8.

and for super ultramega portable, any iem paired with my latest ipod shuffle.
i hated using amp.
extra weight for me.

note: this are all best only to me...it may not be to you.
i dont care if there would be better, but im satisfied right now with all the gears ive acquired, sold, and possess.

there is always a time when we know...its the end.
we always know...it will come, at the right time.
at the right moment.

like the sun that rises in the morning..
and set in the night.

its like life, we live...and we die.

and...
here i am.
waiting for my final and last purchase.
the sm3.

i dont want to go thru the cycle of this journey going around and round...
sell, buy, sell, buy...
no.
it ends.
there is an ending to this.

im on the top of it.
and im happy.
contented.
satisfied.

and ill end it there.
at the top.

custom is not the top or the end of it.
its you.
and its the feeling.
the journey.

you must know how to end it.

i remember, my first iem was the ue700.
and im very intrigued by customs.
making it a 8driver, 3way crossover, triple bore custom.

but, i didnt take that route.
because im afraid to end it there, without experiencing the small things that you can found in a universal iem.
those small things are very memorable to me.

its not the HI end iems that makes you happy.
its not gears really.
but the journey.

ill love my gears from now on.
and...
make it sure that they are well loved.

start REALLY LISTENING TO MUSIC.
start enjoying ME and MY music.
and that's what really matters right?

its not only the gears.

ive learned a lot.
A LOT.

and i have to move on.
and go on more on this life.
life just doesnt end into listening to music.
the world is not just that.

i want to learn more on other things.

there are other things that i wanted to do, more than this.

i got a daughter on the way...
ill be a father soon.

and i wanted to see her smile everyday of my life.
i dont want to miss anything from her.

and i want to introduce music to her too.

maybe there are some dreams that arent meant to be owned or experienced.
in life, its like something that youll just look up to...and dream to.
its like it remains a dream forever....
something that you can never be owned.
or experienced.

and one of that...is my dream iem, the miles davis tributes by monster.
hahahha.

maybe its just arent meant for me.
but i still dream having it in my ears...and the lush midrange is everywhere...in my head.
going to my heart.

its just a dream.
hahahaha.
something i really want, but...
just dont want to own too.

i remember the day i started this journey.
i saw that iem.
and fell in love with it.
till it became a passion.
an interest.
a dream.

then i bought a ue700.
a vortex, an mx980, a pk2, sr325is, hje900, ortofon eq7 and sm3.
but not miles davis.

i dont know.
maybe ive wanted it like that.

miles will always be a dream iem for me.
and i like it to be always that way.

something to look up to.

Mar 7, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #1,048 of 2,269
Well I don't know about you pare but the miles davis is the last IEM for me or at least has the perfect sound for me. For the first time in a while I no longer feel the need to equalize. The HD650 and the MD seem to be my end game. I can only look forward to dual dynamic drivers in the future.

By the way I'd like to comment on how much I prefer the soundstage on the MD over the copper. The copper might be slightly wider but the MD is much more realistic and the depth is much better.

Mar 7, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #1,049 of 2,269

Quote:
By the way I'd like to comment on how much I prefer the soundstage on the MD over the copper. The copper might be slightly wider but the MD is much more realistic and the depth is much better.

I actually agree.  I can actually feel like I'm sitting at a Jazz or Blues club watching the performers play on stage.  The warmth almost adds to a smoky atmosphere for me.  Kinda cool and very unique.  The MD may be colored in many ways but it is colored in a very unique and enjoyable way.

Mar 7, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #1,050 of 2,269
Lately, its been a tossup between the MD's and IE8 for jazz, and a few other genre's. I have to say, those suckers really caught me by surprize. The MD's are very easy to like, and I dont think anyone can really draw up negative vibes from these sweet headphones; but man, the IE8's have rediculous imagry and I find myself picking up on several nuances which were hard to detect on the MD's. I could literally close my eyes and point to where everything is coming from; sometimes the immagry is so real, I turn my head because I thought I heard someone clear their throat (only to find out it was in the recording!). The MD's sound a bit more stereo and in your head. I havent tried playing games with them yet, but I feel like the IE8's would absolutely crush every IEM in the immagry dept.
Anyway, just a humble observation
smile.gif

PS: I havent given the MD's as long of a burn in as the IE8's have been playing for, so my opinion may change with time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back