Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Feb 15, 2011 at 9:43 AM Post #961 of 2,269
Yeah guys i think maybe we can stick back to the MDs already, I think i owe everyone here an apology =(

Literally hijacked the thread with a question that started flame war. But conclusion before i end this - I gonna give MG6PRO a try, scouted around my native audiophile circle and found out that i have aplenty friends who has or going to get JH16, so i guess it won hurt to be different, and if anyone in future wanted a direct 2nd-Person reference on both custom, at least i will be there to give them impressions for the FS side =))

AND FINALLY ----------

*breathes in deeply*

: Pinoyman did you finally get a pair of MDs already??
deadhorse.gif

Feb 15, 2011 at 9:58 AM Post #962 of 2,269
I'm torn between the FX700 and Monster MDs and from what I read their pros/cons eliminate each other for me and now a more or less secure fit decides which one to get and I'll ask the same I did in the FX700 Thread:

Are the MDs everyday-hurry-running-to-the-train-without-falling-out-proof? (correcting for opt. seal is allright, just falling out with every move is not)

I know fit obviously differs from person to person, but there are some that stay in their place generally better (weight, center of gravity, shape) than others.

Would the FX700 be better regarding (secure) fit ?

Feb 15, 2011 at 10:04 AM Post #963 of 2,269

Quote:
I'm torn between the FX700 and Monster MDs and from what I read their pros/cons eliminate each other for me and now a more or less secure fit decides which one to get and I'll ask the same I did in the FX700 Thread:

Are the MDs everyday-hurry-running-to-the-train-without-falling-out-proof? (correcting for opt. seal is allright, just falling out with every move is not)
I know fit obviously differs from person to person, but there are some that stay in their place generally better (weight, center of gravity, shape) than others.

Would the FX700 be better regarding (secure) fit ?

I cant say for FX700 since i have nv tried it myself, But for the MD which i can say - These fit nearly everyone with a Super Foam giving a flush good fit, so yep under that circumstance it do fits what you want. (P.S. Super-Foam is not included in the original fit kit, will have to buy seperately but shouldn't be too expensive)

Feb 15, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #966 of 2,269
 With an over the ear guide and a good seal the fit is more than secure I wouldn't worry about it so much with the MDs.. The JVCs on the other hand have a more brittle fit but still manageable. 

Feb 15, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #967 of 2,269

Quote:
I read a while back that the Miles Davis aren't covered with the life time warranty if you live outside the U.S. even if you buy it from an authorized dealer? is this true? :S

Nah that's not true. Cause i live in Singapore, And back then when i went down to RMA my defective first pair of MDs i also checked with  my native dealer, They do support the Lifetime Warranty and adheres to Monster's own stipulation of warranty durations for all the products =)

Cant be sure for other countries other than US and Singapore though.

Feb 15, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #968 of 2,269

Quote:
 With an over the ear guide and a good seal the fit is more than secure I wouldn't worry about it so much with the MDs.. The JVCs on the other hand have a more brittle fit but still manageable. 

Agree. Fit has been great for me at the moment, I am ain't even using the Super-Foam myself, the "SM" size SuperGels fits me just great, I

went through quite the cycle of swapping tips for my MDs, From Medium-Sized Supergels to Audio Tech SF to Sennheiser BF to Meelec

BF to Super Foams then finally back to Small-Medium Size Super Gels.

Though all were due to sound preference that varied under circumstances, but other than the initial Medium Super Gel that was too large and uncomfortable for my ears, all the rest abovementioned were all generally very snug and comfortable =)

Feb 15, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #969 of 2,269

I think Matto meant if it was bought from another user which may or may not be the case. I'm not sure myself but I would think it will be enabled. 
Nah that's not true. Cause i live in Singapore, And back then when i went down to RMA my defective first pair of MDs i also checked with  my native dealer, They do support the Lifetime Warranty and adheres to Monster's own stipulation of warranty durations for all the products =)

Cant be sure for other countries other than US and Singapore though.

Feb 15, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #970 of 2,269

Quote:
I read a while back that the Miles Davis aren't covered with the life time warranty if you live outside the U.S. even if you buy it from an authorized dealer? is this true? :S

Eh Ink mentioned a good point back there so i will give the answer to two common scenario

1) Bought from an official authorised dealer -> reseller = Which is typical retail case, usually the sensibilities would be keeping the receipt, and most likely the dealer's warranty card, send and postal out the dealer copy with particulars to qualify for the duration of warranty that comes with it. =)

2) Bought from a native fellow audiophile who got his hands on the product through the route 1) above. Usually he/she should always give you his copy of warranty card (if applicable) + purchase receipt along with the 2nd-Hand resold product.

For the Singapore Monster Dealer's case (and most likely other country's authorized dealers), even though its not under your particulars that the warranty was registered to, they will still deem it valid, so long you bring the Purchase Receipt, own copy of warranty card and your Citizen Identity Card [For identification purpose in fear that a fake is being submitted to swap for a genuine one]

Roughly thats what i could tell you from my experience with the dealer from my side, Best policy is still to find and contact your country's dealer to verify, Or if buying 2nd-Hand, do exercise great caution, Ask where he/she bought from, and if not in US, try to verify with the corresponding country's dealer too!

Feb 16, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #971 of 2,269

Quote:
Eh Ink mentioned a good point back there so i will give the answer to two common scenario

1) Bought from an official authorised dealer -> reseller = Which is typical retail case, usually the sensibilities would be keeping the receipt, and most likely the dealer's warranty card, send and postal out the dealer copy with particulars to qualify for the duration of warranty that comes with it. =)

2) Bought from a native fellow audiophile who got his hands on the product through the route 1) above. Usually he/she should always give you his copy of warranty card (if applicable) + purchase receipt along with the 2nd-Hand resold product.

For the Singapore Monster Dealer's case (and most likely other country's authorized dealers), even though its not under your particulars that the warranty was registered to, they will still deem it valid, so long you bring the Purchase Receipt, own copy of warranty card and your Citizen Identity Card [For identification purpose in fear that a fake is being submitted to swap for a genuine one]

Roughly thats what i could tell you from my experience with the dealer from my side, Best policy is still to find and contact your country's dealer to verify, Or if buying 2nd-Hand, do exercise great caution, Ask where he/she bought from, and if not in US, try to verify with the corresponding country's dealer too!

Thing is I don't think they even sell the MD's in Australia..

Feb 17, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #975 of 2,269
Okay I know I said I wanted the SM3's just a day ago but hey I don't know why or how or what I was thinking about 20 minutes ago but soundearphones agreed to match the price I received from onecall a long time ago, and now they should be on there way soon.

I paid $285 shipped to Australia via USPS express, I guess I'm pretty happy with that though this means being a hobbit and staying in a cave for the next couple of months while I try to regain some mooonehhh. LoL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back