Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Feb 17, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #976 of 2,269

Quote:
Okay I know I said I wanted the SM3's just a day ago but hey I don't know why or how or what I was thinking about 20 minutes ago but soundearphones agreed to match the price I received from onecall a long time ago, and now they should be on there way soon.

I paid $285 shipped to Australia via USPS express, I guess I'm pretty happy with that though this means being a hobbit and staying in a cave for the next couple of months while I try to regain some mooonehhh. LoL

Hey matto! Welcome to the MD club! They don win SM3 in details and balance while FX700 hogged the king of timbre and bass on the DD realm but hey! These still remained the top jacuzzi iems for relaxation. I won be surprised if it remains the same even after i get my hands on the FX700 =)

Feb 17, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #977 of 2,269

Quote:
Hey matto! Welcome to the MD club! They don win SM3 in details and balance while FX700 hogged the king of timbre and bass on the DD realm but hey! These still remained the top jacuzzi iems for relaxation. I won be surprised if it remains the same even after i get my hands on the FX700 =)

Thanks mate, Yes and really the warranty can't be beaten and even if I have to ship it to my cousin etc etc. if something goes wrong, at least there's that piece of mind that for as long as Monster is a "Company" my warranty is valid:)

Now I should probably sleep since I have a lab to go too in a 6 hours... I'm so excited...
Actually Kendric do you mind doing a little observation on how the MD's do with a particular song?

Feb 17, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #978 of 2,269

Quote:
Thanks mate, Yes and really the warranty can't be beaten and even if I have to ship it to my cousin etc etc. if something goes wrong, at least there's that piece of mind that for as long as Monster is a "Company" my warranty is valid:)

Now I should probably sleep since I have a lab to go too in a 6 hours... I'm so excited...
Actually Kendric do you mind doing a little observation on how the MD's do with a particular song?

Hmm basically MD has sounds pretty big even if it don have a wide 3d soundstage (FX700?) and in comparison to SM3. MD also clearly didn't have pinpoint detail accuracy especially when i a/b with my own e-Q7 side-by-side, Slower speed than e-Q7 but has better and fuller bass body as expected.

And for a general example, When i play both e-Q7 and MD through the "Ace Attorney Phoenix Wright : Orchestra Album", e-Q7 displayed faster speed than MDs, but its comparably light-footed bass made it sounds more unrefined / disorganized (whichever the listener prefers to term it) than the MDs. Both e-Q7 and MD are engaging but in their own way = e-Q7 being actively involving possibly due to its analytical sound-signature while the MD an immersive and relaxingly engaging feel.

MDs will feel like a smooth, non-analytical home speaker-like Dynamic Driver IEM.

Feb 18, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #980 of 2,269
Feb 18, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #982 of 2,269

Quote:
Update: I've received the invoice finally :) Now I can sleep in peace, Can't wait to get these!

Wow Great! Hope you will enjoy them! ^_^

Feb 19, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #983 of 2,269
Got my MMDTs today and I am very impressed with the way they sound and look. I am a liitle disappointed that the cable is not as thick as the cable on my Pro Coppers. Other than that, all is good - great IEMs!!

Feb 20, 2011 at 5:06 AM Post #984 of 2,269

Quote:
Got my MMDTs today and I am very impressed with the way they sound and look. I am a liitle disappointed that the cable is not as thick as the cable on my Pro Coppers. Other than that, all is good - great IEMs!!

sweet! I can't wait to get mine hopefully they'll arive by the end of next week, how is the driver flex on them??

Feb 20, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #985 of 2,269

Quote:

Glad you love your Tributes! Welcome to the Miles Davis Tributes Club!
beerchug.gif

And i agree with you on the cable thickness, though i love the touch of blue to it. And lifetime warranty for such a great iem is a steal! =)

Feb 20, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #986 of 2,269

Quote:
sweet! I can't wait to get mine hopefully they'll arive by the end of next week, how is the driver flex on them?

You'll have to educate me on "driver flex"

I know they have a completely different sound than my Pro Coppers and M-Audio IE40s.

Nothing different than what's already been said about them - deep/strong/smooth bass (plenty of it) - nice crisp highs that do not fatigue - nice wide soundstage (wider than the IE40/triple Fi)

Feb 21, 2011 at 4:01 AM Post #987 of 2,269

Quote:

You'll have to educate me on "driver flex"

I know they have a completely different sound than my Pro Coppers and M-Audio IE40s.

Nothing different than what's already been said about them - deep/strong/smooth bass (plenty of it) - nice crisp highs that do not fatigue - nice wide soundstage (wider than the IE40/triple Fi)

It's that "popping" noise you get when you put it in your ear mostly seen in like cheap earbuds you buy but apparently on the coppers it happens alot.

Oo wow, i'm definitely looking forward to these! how would you compare the mids of the MD's to your IE40?

Feb 21, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #988 of 2,269
mates, do you know someone here who sells used / refurbished miles davis tribute (original)?
im looking for one.

it is my dream iem.
and hoping i could find in a good deal...(cheap if possible)

Feb 21, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #989 of 2,269

Quote:
mates, do you know someone here who sells used / refurbished miles davis tribute (original)?
im looking for one.

it is my dream iem.
and hoping i could find in a good deal...(cheap if possible)

I could understand your agony, Still saving up and dreaming up about the MG6PRO. Maybe an FX700 in between. =S

Feb 22, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #990 of 2,269

Quote:
Damn pinoyman, you STILL haven't gotten your hands on of set of these? It seems like forever ago we were negotiating a deal. What gives my friend?

because...i do not have the courage to buy a brand new...
it is so hard to earn money in my country.

im really haunted by my dream iem.
after seeing this last year...till now.
no matter what iem i purchase...im still haunted by my dream iem..(the miles)
even ive already purchased a vortex, an ortofon eq7 and a panasoni hje900.
its always brings me back to my DREAM IEM.

its like...im not complete without it.

maybe you would be sooooo kind to sell me again your iem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back