Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Dec 17, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #811 of 2,269
Thanks for the reply from everyone since I am at new york for the holidays I might go pick a md up at jr and return the golds.

Dec 17, 2010 at 12:04 PM Post #812 of 2,269
Got my MD's today and WOW, much better overall than the regular Turbines for sure.
A lot more presence in the overall sound. The mids are SUPER sweet and the bass is much tighter. The treble is smoother, yet more clear at the same time over the regular Turbines.
EXTREMELY happy with these and they're not burned in yet.

Dec 17, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #813 of 2,269

Quote:
Got my MD's today and WOW, much better overall than the regular Turbines for sure.
A lot more presence in the overall sound. The mids are SUPER sweet and the bass is much tighter. The treble is smoother, yet more clear at the same time over the regular Turbines.
EXTREMELY happy with these and they're not burned in yet.

Glad you like them and congrats with owning the MDs
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 18, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #814 of 2,269
Well I'm having problems with my MDs. The cord near the strain relief on the plug is damaged. The left earbud produces sound that goes in and out. It's most noticeable on lower powered device like my Droid Incredible, the Cowon S9 doesn't lose sound but there are volume differences. This is the 2nd pair I will have to have replaced. I'm pretty sure this still won't count as my lifetime warranty replacement.

Dec 18, 2010 at 9:08 AM Post #815 of 2,269

Quote:
Well I'm having problems with my MDs. The cord near the strain relief on the plug is damaged. The left earbud produces sound that goes in and out. It's most noticeable on lower powered device like my Droid Incredible, the Cowon S9 doesn't lose sound but there are volume differences. This is the 2nd pair I will have to have replaced. I'm pretty sure this still won't count as my lifetime warranty replacement.

it shouldn't, but what's with people and the left driver going out....why the left?

Dec 25, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #817 of 2,269

Quote:
EXTREMELY happy with these and they're not burned in

Do the back of yours feel like metal or just the front?

Dec 25, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #818 of 2,269
Dec 28, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #821 of 2,269

Quote:
what about the gold part towards the back but on the side?

hard to tell from the metal/plastic end anymore, mine appears to be plastic  (bought from bestbuy) though people also claim that the real ones are made of metal, I think it's because monster changed the manufacturing process in between

Dec 28, 2010 at 5:10 PM Post #822 of 2,269
Dec 28, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #823 of 2,269
As I said, mine are from J&R, and mine have plastic there.

Quote:
Quote:
what about the gold part towards the back but on the side?

hard to tell from the metal/plastic end anymore, mine appears to be plastic  (bought from bestbuy) though people also claim that the real ones are made of metal, I think it's because monster changed the manufacturing process in between

Jan 1, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #825 of 2,269
My "real" MDs came from J&R as well and the back of the earphones are defiantly plastic... which look just like the fake ones I bought from a seller on Amazon. The fake set 1.) Came with tiny clear films over the Miles Davis signature directly on the earphone. 2.) The hard case they came with had a black ribbon with Miles signature on the inside top portion of the case. 3.) The metal around the grill on the earphones are thicker than any on the Pro line or authentic MDs. 4.) The Miles CDs were not inside the box as the originals had.  5.) None of the tips that came with the fakes had super tips written on the packaging.  6.) the fakes had a very crude sticker on the inside of the hard case with a serial number. 7.) The sound on the fakes were recessed in the mids and highs with a incredibly distorted and bloated low end, quite nasty in every aspect. So why did I buy the fakes? To check out the difference, and share it. I was confident Amazon would go to bat for me if I had trouble with the return, which I did not, they even payed the return shipping.  As before, they look and feel identical in the hand EXCEPT the meal thickness around the grill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back