Monster Gratitude live music IEMs
Apr 8, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #46 of 148
I got these as a gift. Do you guys think it would be worth it to keep it? If not should i consider selling these and put it towards something else? Any recommendations?

My suggestions. If you can't stand Microphonics, sell them. If you can, read on. If crack open the box and at least give them a listen. The Gratitude sound great believe it or not. If you still find you can do better, I'd sell them then.

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #47 of 148
These are half off now ($229 for $119) but does anyone still have these? Are they even worth the lower price? Those damned Vektr IEM's are even cheaper ($169 - now $59) - tempted to try a bass-heavy Monster IEM with little to no commitment price-wise.....

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #48 of 148
Hiya i still have these and they're my 2nd fave iem behind the Sony xba 4ips and in front of and a much richer sound than my 3rd set the fischer mba mk2s.
Tons of tips , good build quality and a sound that shocked me for a set of monsters.
The hands free works on my android phone too.

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #51 of 148
Quote:
I like rock from def leppard to disturbed. These were made for rock.

+1 the Gratitude work very well for rock.  They actually are pretty flat in accordance to the DF curve and have a bit of a bass boost (sub-bass).  The Gratitude are actually one of my favorite IEMs, sonically.  However, it's the microphonics that becomes of concern :frowning2:  If you're sitting still, these make great IEMs, on the go, they may not be the best.  It's tough to get an over-ear insertion with these due to the long stems :frowning2: 

Jun 26, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #52 of 148
I wonder if these are the same IEMs as the Yao Solars, just with more tips and a Control Talk module.  The housings, cable and plug are all the same, and from what I've read the sound is pretty much the same as well.

Jul 30, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #53 of 148
Got these about a month ago and they are GREAT. Rock music shines on these and they seem very durable. People complain about the microphonics on these but I run with them everyday and I hardly ever notice it. Get them!

Jul 30, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #54 of 148
Whelp, after talking to Monster's CS, it seems that yes, the Gratitude and Yao Solar are the same set of IEMs, but the Gratitude has the control talk module and more tips.

Which is awesome because I paid $50 and $25 for the two pairs I have.

Jul 30, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #55 of 148
Amazon down to $79 on these - with a couple of "brand new sealed" used ones going for as low as $64 with free shipping - 

Jul 31, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #58 of 148
Oh I forgot to say! The tips on these are AWFUL. They hurt your ears and they are super hard to get a seal with. If you get these also buy some monster turbine tips for 15$ on ebay. Only downside

Jul 31, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #59 of 148
Yep the packaging is superb but I tried all the tips and I thought it was because my ears aren't the standard setup. Glad someone else found the same as me. I found some memory foam eartips that are incredibly sofy and can be squashed down to a 10th of their size. The seal on them means that no bass is needed on top of what the gratitudes have. More experimentation with tips will produce a different sound and comfort I'm sure.
The gratitiues are worth it esp if they're only costing £70 or less if they're the same but in a different brand.
It makes you wonder how Sony can justify some of the prices for their xba range. I have the xba4ip's. They're better but not by much and are £100's more....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back