Monster Gratitude live music IEMs
Jun 24, 2011 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 148

ralphinader340

New Head-Fier
http://www.crunchgear.com/2011/06/23/monster-announces-washable-isport-and-true-to-the-music-gratitude-headphones/

So apparently Monster is coming out with new IEMs designed specifically for live music. From the site: "Created with the help of Earth, Wind, and Fire, the Gratitude headphones are engineered to keep the true harmonics of live music and the details of each note and instrument right on par with the real thing." 

Definitely very pretty earphones, though they'll probably end up costing an arm and a leg. 

On the same topic, are there any headphones you guys prefer for live music? Is it better to have neutral sounding phones? 

-Cheers!

Jun 24, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #2 of 148
Sounds like they're trying to compete with the ER4 
etysmile.gif

Jul 19, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 148

Quote:
http://www.crunchgear.com/2011/06/23/monster-announces-washable-isport-and-true-to-the-music-gratitude-headphones/

So apparently Monster is coming out with new IEMs designed specifically for live music. From the site: "Created with the help of Earth, Wind, and Fire, the Gratitude headphones are engineered to keep the true harmonics of live music and the details of each note and instrument right on par with the real thing." 

Definitely very pretty earphones, though they'll probably end up costing an arm and a leg. 

On the same topic, are there any headphones you guys prefer for live music? Is it better to have neutral sounding phones? 

-Cheers!

The price for the Gratitude Version in J & R is $199.99.

Dec 10, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #4 of 148
Interested in how they changed the turbine sound signature to enhance "live music". They are sharp looking.

Jan 16, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #11 of 148
Wow do those Diesels look good... And is that an image of them being bent in half towards the bottom? That's pretty impressive if they can bend like that considering Monsters less than stellar QC on their Turbine line.

And since it has Diesel branding, I'm expecting it will cost quite a bit.. Hopefully the things sound good :)

Jan 16, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #12 of 148

Quote:
Wow do those Diesels look good... And is that an image of them being bent in half towards the bottom? That's pretty impressive if they can bend like that considering Monsters less than stellar QC on their Turbine line.

And since it has Diesel branding, I'm expecting it will cost quite a bit.. Hopefully the things sound good :)

I don't think it was bent, it looks more like folded to me. There is something that looked like a folding mechanism above the R in the first picture.

Jan 16, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #13 of 148
I have checked the new monster line. The diesel iems also look nice. I think Monster realized through Dr.Dre that most people buy headphones mostly if they look good, like a fashion icon. (although Dr.Dre proved that the world has no taste). Probably the mind burning makes people think they have the best headphones in the world because they look good and are from Dr.Dre.
Therefore they have invested in the looks a lot and actually came up with nice looking  headphones if that matters anyway.

Jan 16, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #15 of 148

Quote:

The Diesels and the diamond tears are both $280 retail. 
http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=6117
http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=6544

Somethings telling me that the price for these headphones are a bit off. They will probably drop the price in places like Amazon...

The diamond tears were designed by K-Pop producer JYP. And as many know.. Korean K-pop fashion is well.... different...

Both seem more like a fashion accessory then a audio equipment..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back