Monster Gratitude live music IEMs
Dec 24, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #136 of 148

Comply tips are my personal favourite sounding ; even making an exact match into my ear canals doesn't produce the results these achieve. The bass is nothing like the impact without the complys. The customs may look rough but they are comfortable and there is much room for refinement cosmetically. And they don't come loose and block much more wind noise and microphonics

that would be pointless. you're still using the comply's for the seal.  

Dec 25, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #137 of 148
Merry Christmas to everybody at headfi and especially to those lucky enough to own the ridiculously good value for money Monster Gratitudes. In fact, to everyone here , even if you don't agree about a single thing I say, I don't care. I still love you all
\Peace and good wishes to all men

Dec 25, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #138 of 148
I got these from Amazon sale as well (fulfilled by Amazon) but I just don't find them anything spectacular. Honestly I am underwhelmed by them, they lack the punchy bass, heavy treble presence, and lacks detail compared to Westone 3, Monster MDT, even Sony MH1Cs. I tried variety of tips that it came with. Most tips actually lacked bass so badly, mid-low all, it was like listening to crappy headphones. I started using them with mh1c tips and they sound better, but still not as good as they were claimed to be.

Did I get fake ones?

I doubt there are fake ones around, I hope not. Box and stuff looks like monster product. Anybody know if fakes are around? Otherwise they will be a big disappointment for me.

You will definetely get good bass and detail etc, you must try all the tips you can find, comply tips give excellent bass results, don't give up on them, they are a good complement to my Westone W4R, Sennheiser IE800, Sony XBA4ip, Klipsch X11i and Westone 2

Dec 27, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #139 of 148
  I got these from Amazon sale as well (fulfilled by Amazon) but I just don't find them anything spectacular. Honestly I am underwhelmed by them, they lack the punchy bass, heavy treble presence, and lacks detail compared to Westone 3, Monster MDT, even Sony MH1Cs. I tried variety of tips that it came with. Most tips actually lacked bass so badly, mid-low all, it was like listening to crappy headphones. I started using them with mh1c tips and they sound better, but still not as good as they were claimed to be.

Did I get fake ones?
I doubt there are fake ones around, I hope not. Box and stuff looks like monster product. Anybody know if fakes are around? Otherwise they will be a big disappointment for me.

I only got a decent seal with the largest round ones, but I got even better seal with Meelectronics double flanged.  The Gratitudes have a bass boost, so you shouldn't find that they lack punchy bass.

Jan 27, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #140 of 148
I love these earphones for any live recorded music or albums I have, They are just superd. I agree highs can be sibilant sometimes but il put that down to my low bit rate files. Otherwise they have that musicality to them that I just love and wayy comfy too at least for me.

If its still on sale go buy one!

Feb 17, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #141 of 148
Hey guys!

Just got mine the other day and so far i am very pleased with my purchase. Quality is great, i like the flat cable, isolation is good, and from my short experience with it, they sound good.

Feb 17, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #142 of 148
Sony Hybrid tips made a super seal and isolation. Sound is perfect with them too. 
Today a was comparing them with Sennheiser IE800, aaaaaand....
IE800 were better:) 
Also at the same time i was trying Westone 30 Pro and they were -+... on par? heeeeeey... yes:) They are on the same level, sometimes W30 were better, sometimes Gratitudes... 
Sources were Iriver AK120, Nano7+Ibasso T3.

Feb 17, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #143 of 148
  Sony Hybrid tips made a super seal and isolation. Sound is perfect with them too. 
Today a was comparing them with Sennheiser IE800, aaaaaand....
IE800 were better:) 
Also at the same time i was trying Westone 30 Pro and they were -+... on par? heeeeeey... yes:) They are on the same level, sometimes W30 were better, sometimes Gratitudes... 
Sources were Iriver AK120, Nano7+Ibasso T3.

I'd agree. Need the right tips, in my case medium CKP200 regular(not the umbrella ones) tips. Sold my SA7 limited as the Gratitude are as good and better in certain areas. Sound a fair bit better than the MA-750 did and not as good as the Mikros 90 but competitive.

Cable is not so good though as it stiffens in the cold so they stay indoors most days this winter.

Feb 17, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #144 of 148
Also i was trying SA7 today. Again only with Sony Hybrids i've found a good seal. Sound was very good. I like it. TWFK inside? The best TWFK i've ever tried. With AK120 combo was very good. Stop! Still Gratitudes were having better bass and better treble (much better)... Some love:) 

Cable is not so good though as it stiffens in the cold so they stay indoors most days this winter.

yeah,that is bad, but spring coming:)

Feb 17, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #145 of 148
Not the the TWFK or twins but larger bass driver/small treble driver config. Still, either they didn't tune it right or the cable smears the bass some. Whatever, I agree the Gratitude can have cleaner, more articulate bass and more airy, smoother treble that is much better behaved. I also like the SA7 but might as well recoup some funds for new stuff since I was/have been fine with the Gratitude.

Feb 17, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #146 of 148
At this point I only really listen to my Klipsch X7s and Monster Gratitudes, depending on what I want to listen to.  Everything else just kind of languishes (except for the SHE3590s, those are the workout buds)

Feb 21, 2014 at 5:42 AM Post #148 of 148
So far the cons that i picked up are that its color is girly( my friends made this statement), the earphones are heavy, because of the weight sometimes i have seal problems and the big case is not very sturdy the magnet gets out of place and i have not even used it at least not outside. But sound wise i am impressed and i enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back