Monster Gratitude live music IEMs
Sep 3, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #63 of 148
Any other comparisons from owners?

Sep 3, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #64 of 148
  Any other comparisons from owners?

Take the detail and smoothness of the RE-400s, apply a mildly v-shaped signature and you have the Yao Solars/Gratitudes.  They are that good.

Also, the best flat cable I've ever used bar none.  You'll need to use a cable clip, though, as they're cord-down wear only.

From the Buying Guide, but I think it describes them well:

"If you want something more balanced than the Turbine Pro Copper, but with more bass emphasis and more fun than the Trumpet, then consider my second favorite Monster in-ear, the Monster Gratitude. Inspired by the music of Earth, Wind & Fire (and, of course, endorsed by them), the Gratitude might be the best value in the Monster line, and an outstanding value, period. To my ears, the Gratitude sounds like an evolution of the flagship Monster Turbine Pro models, but can generally be found for a significantly lower price than the Turbine Pro Gold, and far less than the Turbine Pro Copper. To me, the Gratitude is a sign that Monster is stepping up its game, in terms of performance and value."

Sep 3, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #65 of 148
I wouldn't say the Gratitude is as smooth as the RE-400 in the treble.  The Gratitude is actually quite neutral except for an obvious boost in the low/sub bass. 

Sep 3, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #67 of 148

There's also a mild boost in the high midrange/low treble.

I don't here it...  Nor do I see it: https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/MonsterGratitude.pdf?time%3D0

There is a spike at the 8-9 kHz region, but still, not enough to label it truly V-shaped.  In contrast to the RE-400, it will hold a v-shape, the RE-400 isn't neutral though. 

Sep 17, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #68 of 148
Just picked up a set for $56 on Amazon!

Sep 19, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #69 of 148
There's a reason why I often hate Head-fi. Bought a pair as well
beerchug.gif

56$ seems like a steal on these, from what I have read. 

Sep 19, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #71 of 148
  There's a reason why I often hate Head-fi. Bought a pair as well
beerchug.gif

56$ seems like a steal on these, from what I have read. 

Yes, Head-fi strikes again. I was not looking for IEMs at all, but I ordered a set at $56.

I Feel your pains..I have way too many In Ears. I barely even use them to be honest. This crap is an evil addiction. But I am a big fan of these monster cable IEMS. They have a good overall package and I feel as if they are collectors items. For instance, I'm a big fan of Miles Davis so I got the tributes and I love Earth Wind and Fire so I had to pull the trigger on these. 

Sep 19, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #72 of 148
I got a pair of Yao Solars off of a fellow Head-fier, and they did sound good. However, the durability of these come into question. I had them for a few months, and I listened to them a week ago, and the right ear was just shot. No sound coming from it at all. I don't know why or how it happened, since it was in very good condition when I bought it. That's my only input on these, but I did enjoy the sound.

Sep 24, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #73 of 148
Could somebody compare them to the UE600, Ety Kids, Rock-it R20, Astrotec AM-90, some Xears and AT-CKM500?

Oct 11, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #74 of 148
Just got the Gratitudes.  I think they are a steal for $57.  Most of the stock tips didn't seal for me.  The only ones that sealed were the largest and second largest soft tips.

Oct 11, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #75 of 148
Just got the Gratitudes.  I think they are a steal for $57.  Most of the stock tips didn't seal for me.  The only ones that sealed were the largest and second largest soft tips.

Glad you like them. The bass is amazing and they work for hands free telephone even on some android phones. All for under $60

Users who are viewing this thread

Back