Monster Gratitude live music IEMs
Oct 15, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #91 of 148
Ive read so much complaints about monster's quality control in general but not much of the gratitudes. And i also read about their customer support, BTW is it fixed? ive seen the posts but their from 2011 and 2010. Thanks for your response.

Haven't had to deal with Monster CS, so I can't tell you how it is.  

Oct 16, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #92 of 148
Just received mine yesterday. These are by far the best monster IEMs I've ever heard.

Previously I've owned the Turbines and MD Tributes and the SQ on the gratitudes is quite superior.

Detail retrieval is excellent, good quantities of bass and treble. Mids a little scooped IMO. Tons of accessories. Definitely one of the better sub $100 IEM values especially if you're a fan of the U or V shaped sound sig.

Oct 16, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #93 of 148
Just received mine yesterday. These are by far the best monster IEMs I've ever heard.

Previously I've owned the Turbines and MD Tributes and the SQ on the gratitudes is quite superior.

Detail retrieval is excellent, good quantities of bass and treble. Mids a little scooped IMO. Tons of accessories. Definitely one of the better sub $100 IEM values especially if you're a fan of the U or V shaped sound sig.

With the greater quantity of treble, are you noticing any sibilance or harshness in the highs?

Oct 16, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #94 of 148

With the greater quantity of treble, are you noticing any sibilance or harshness in the highs?

I remember the highs were a little splashy when I first got them.  They did get a little better with time, but never really fixed XD  

Oct 16, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #95 of 148

I remember the highs were a little splashy when I first got them.  They did get a little better with time, but never really fixed XD  

I to find them a touch splashy although certainly not harsh. This is something that most likely can be fixed with different tips.

Oct 17, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #96 of 148
Is there anyone using non-stock tips?  If so, which ones and why?

Oct 21, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #97 of 148
When I had only the Monster Yao Solars I used Sony Hybrid tips, mostly because I was having a problem getting a consistent seal with the standard Monster tips.  They didn't really affect the sound much one way or the other.  The other thing I tried was using blue sticky tac instead of tips, and that worked pretty well as well, but it was kind of finicky and not always super secure.

Since I received my Gratitudes I just about always use the XS gel Supertips.

Oct 22, 2013 at 1:20 AM Post #98 of 148
Hate to contribute to the pile of questions to be answered, but does anyone feel any sense of sibilance with these? I mean, I generally don't trust amazon reviews, but many people seem to complain about "too much treble". Some impressions on head-fi seem to mention that they're a bit treble happy too. Of course treble tolerance plays a role but just wondering.

Oct 22, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #99 of 148
  Hate to contribute to the pile of questions to be answered, but does anyone feel any sense of sibilance with these? I mean, I generally don't trust amazon reviews, but many people seem to complain about "too much treble". Some impressions on head-fi seem to mention that they're a bit treble happy too. Of course treble tolerance plays a role but just wondering.

I'd say they're definitely treble boosted. Too me, not very sibilant unless you're dealing with low quality audio files. 

In my experience, tip-rolling is often an easy way to tweak the treble of an iem. Not saying that they require it, but its certainly an option if one was to find them too trebly!

Oct 23, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #100 of 148
  I'd say they're definitely treble boosted. Too me, not very sibilant unless you're dealing with low quality audio files. 

In my experience, tip-rolling is often an easy way to tweak the treble of an iem. Not saying that they require it, but its certainly an option if one was to find them too trebly!

Cool thanks, I'm not terribly treble sensitive so I don't think sibilance will be an issue here in this case. Might get a pair sometime tonight hopefully it gets here by friday through amazon prime of course :D

Oct 23, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #101 of 148
Do these have super tips?

Oct 23, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #103 of 148
Boo. I just want some super tips again

Oct 24, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #104 of 148
For anyone that's interested, I've decided to sell my Gratitudes. They've been out of the box for 5 minutes. I'm not listing em in the FS thread yet so PM me if you'd like to own one of the most underrated IEMs available.

Oct 24, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #105 of 148
  For anyone that's interested, I've decided to sell my Gratitudes. They've been out of the box for 5 minutes. I'm not listing em in the FS thread yet so PM me if you'd like to own one of the most underrated IEMs available.

I'm curious: Why, after just 5 minutes, have you decided to get rid of the (currently bargain-priced) IEMs you consider "one of the most underrated available"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back