Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Jun 24, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #7,831 of 8,051
Oh well. My production version of the fazors got rejected for manufacturing. Have to look elsewhere for someone willing to make them.

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #7,832 of 8,051
Hey gang! Production Fazors are finally here! And yes, your eyes aren't deceiving you, there's also m1060C fazors available that has been beta tested by auxx.

webstore: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/drschnickistein-slab

wAS1d3Z.png

Jul 1, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #7,833 of 8,051
Jul 1, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #7,834 of 8,051
Well, I don't personally own an m1060C so I can only tell what the beta tester told me what it sounded like along with open back mod and dekoni hybrids on. So far, he's getting more detail though I'm not sure what he meant by it. We changed the original fazors to include an additional lip for tighter control of the mids and some sub bass retention since he likes his cans detailed and warm sounding even though I would argue m1060c has too much bass, atleast for my taste. The original baffled fazors makes it sound super duper neutral since the price of adding baffles is sub bass reduction.

It also comes down to personal tuning by adding felt, fuzzor, thermolam, dynamat, velcro and other damping materials.

Mods like these are all about accumulating marginal gains from individual mods to make the sum of its parts greater.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #7,835 of 8,051
Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but today I unfortunately broke the 3.5mm jack of my m1060 cable. I live in the UK, and Monoprice charge ridiculous prices for delivery, so buying a replacement from them is off the table. Is there any way to replace this cable relatively cheaply - without buying an expensive custom one - or is it time for me to get soldering? Cheers

Jul 9, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #7,836 of 8,051
Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but today I unfortunately broke the 3.5mm jack of my m1060 cable. I live in the UK, and Monoprice charge ridiculous prices for delivery, so buying a replacement from them is off the table. Is there any way to replace this cable relatively cheaply - without buying an expensive custom one - or is it time for me to get soldering? Cheers

I would look on Amazon for a replacement. Any 2.5 mono terminated headphone cable will work.

Jul 9, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #7,838 of 8,051
Jul 9, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #7,839 of 8,051
Oh right, I didn't know they had replacements on Amazon. That makes life easier for sure. It does beg the question though as to what the difference is between the original cable and the oxygen free one. Is it worth upgrading? Sorry if I'm bombarding you with questions here by the way.

Jul 9, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #7,840 of 8,051
Oh right, I didn't know they had replacements on Amazon. That makes life easier for sure. It does beg the question though as to what the difference is between the original cable and the oxygen free one. Is it worth upgrading? Sorry if I'm bombarding you with questions here by the way.
It depends on who you talk to, some say cables make an audible difference and some do not (I'm personally in the "can't hear the difference" camp). I don't care for the right angle plug on the stock cable so this is the one I use on my M1060 https://www.amazon.co.uk/KetDirect-...hifiman+cable&qid=1562706305&s=gateway&sr=8-3 it's 3 meters but they have 2 meter, 1.5 meter, and 1.2 meter options as well.

Jul 9, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #7,841 of 8,051
The cable type is a matter of choice, I do not think you will hear a difference, others might argue that but choose what ever one fits your budget.

Jul 9, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #7,842 of 8,051
Sounds great. I'll probably just be buying the regular one then because I doubt I'd be able to hear the difference. In fact, it may be useful for me to purchase the straight cable because the right angle jack is the reason I'm having to replace my cable in the first place. I appreciate both your input and advice, thank you.

Jul 16, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #7,843 of 8,051
@PockyG How are the Fazor V4s supposed to fit together? I'm assuming the Fazor Pad V4 fits into the square opening of the Fazor Top 100/106mm V4. Unfortunately the pair I just printed doesn't seem to really be a fit. Either the fazor needs to be smaller or the opening needs to be bigger.

TBYVpuK.png

Current production inventory!
2ASyoIn.png

So sorry to annoy you in such an old post, im trying to get this guys intaled (the fuzzor 3d printed mod) is there a guide o r a video to show around?

Jul 17, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #7,844 of 8,051
So sorry to annoy you in such an old post, im trying to get this guys intaled (the fuzzor 3d printed mod) is there a guide o r a video to show around?
The Fazor Pad (the open piece) sits on top of the Fazors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back