Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
May 16, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #3,946 of 8,051
And the amount of effort you put into writing a snobby post is pretty much the same amount of effort as listing the few changes that rev. 2 brings. And it also makes it easier for future people to find the answer as well.

May 16, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #3,947 of 8,051
no wonder people think audiophiles are d*cks
I think that is a bit harsh and untrue. People should do their own research and not expect anyone else to do all the heavy lifting for them. Much less be so critical if they don't get exactly what they think that they should.This is far from being any pejorative that you might chose to use.
Being new to the forum, it is also not a real good way to make lots of friends.

With the time that has been spent bickering, you probably could have found the answer to your question. It has been covered many, many times in this thread and other places online. Yes, Google is your friend.

Last edited:
May 16, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #3,948 of 8,051
I think that is a bit harsh and untrue. People should do their own research and not expect anyone else to do all the heavy lifting for them. Much less be so critical if they don't get exactly what they think that they should.This is far from being any pejorative that you might chose to use.
Being new to the forum, it is also not a real good way to make lots of friends.

With the time that has been spent bickering, you probably could have found the answer to your question. It has been covered many, many times in this thread and other places online. Yes, Google is your friend.

i get your point but no need to be condescending to someone, just ignore the questing a move along, if he's that interested he'll do the research on his own, why put some effort to offend someone that's clearly not worth it.

May 16, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #3,949 of 8,051
effective-mobile-network-marketing-campaign-tips-7-638.jpg

May 16, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #3,951 of 8,051
Also has anyone in Australia bought vegans from Audeze?

Luckily, it seems I've managed to nab one of the last pairs, they've been on their way to me since the 5th and hopefully should arrive soon. * I live in Australia
Wanting to know how long it took for you to receive yours?

So far, the paper towel mod combined with Dolby Atmos for Headphones has just made these amazing to use, and I can't possibly imagine what the vegans could add aside from comfort, very excited.

The headband has been hurting the top of my head and the weight has been having me feel some strain on my neck unfortunately though.
At one stage I had to position the headphones differently for a couple of days on top of my head as I had a really sore, sensitive spot on the top of my head.
Might need to do that head-strap mod someone mentioned earlier..

May 17, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #3,952 of 8,051
My understanding is that the Audeze Leather free pads improve the bass of the M1060. I don't know that the Brainwavz improve the bass, just one report that one guys prefers the flat Brainwavz.

If I'm not mistaken there have been several pads measured and non seem to measure better then the Adueze, so for now I'm holding out to see if B&H can fulfill my order.

Hopefully, Sound Approach can fulfill their orders also. At least they said they could. Won't know for sure until I get a shipping confirmation or an order cancellation email.

May 17, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #3,953 of 8,051
Hopefully, Sound Approach can fulfill their orders also. At least they said they could. Won't know for sure until I get a shipping confirmation or an order cancellation email.

Sound Approch charge $100 for the brown vegan, and $43 shipping to Canada. :thinking:

May 17, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #3,955 of 8,051
Any thoughts on the M1060 w/ the Fiio E10k?

I've listened to the combo a tiny bit but not enough to give impressions of it. I can give it another go tonight and let you know how it compares to my Magni and Yamaha receiver. Someone might be able to chime in sooner. My M1060 have paper towel and vegans, just FYI.

May 17, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #3,956 of 8,051
So, yeah. My M1060's are now decked out with the Audeze leather-free pads, paper towel mod, and Impact Audio MMCX to XLR cable. XLR listening through Jotunheim.

I'm relatively sure my stock cable was crap. There was a pretty good bump in SQ immediately after hooking up my new cable for the first time (trying to disregard the bump in volume due to higher XLR power from Jot). I was so excited with the improvement from the custom cable, that I only listened to it for about 20 minutes before also doing the paper towel mod.

Be that as it may, I won't speak about the specific improvements that each mod makes on its' own........but rather, as an overall package now. And I waited about a week after the last 2 mods to temper my excitement before posting.

So? Yes...just do it! I am greatly more impressed with M1060 now than in stock V1 form :) I enjoyed them a lot before. Now they're pretty amazing.

I need my X00's back from DMS to directly compare with >.< But based on my 2-month old memory of them, I can no longer say I definitely prefer my X00's. And THAT, my friends, is saying something.

Bravo, Monoprice!

May 17, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #3,957 of 8,051
Just chatted with B&H about my back ordered Audeze black leather free pads and was told they expect to receive a shipment on 5/25. So hopefully I'll have them early June.

So that's great news! Of course, never count your chickens before they hatch. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
May 17, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #3,958 of 8,051
Just received my M1060 rev 2 today! I have to commend Monoprice on their customer service. I believe I might have gotten the lowest price on these that I know of. I had purchased them last Friday 5/12 with the $20 off coupon, so with $9 shipping they came out to $289. I noticed they were set to ship on Monday. But on Sunday the Mother's Day 15% off coupon came up and in the morning these headphones weren't excluded (although later in the day they were) as I validated by adding to cart and checking price. I immediately sent Monoprice a message wondering if they would honor that and refund me the 15% off price since they hadn't even shipped out my order yet. Well Monday morning I received an e-mail back saying no problem and they would refund me a full $45. So the final price I paid was $244 out the door! I could not be happier with the value.

I won't say much yet as I only briefly listened to them and want to take my time listening and also modding. But the weight of the M1060 really surprised me. The soundstage was the other thing that struck me as everything was more open and airy than I am used to. I'll report back here in the future with thoughts and comparisons. I also have HD650, HD600, DT770, SHP9500, and Alessandro MS-1. I plan on selling off most of those but I wanted to see which ones would complement the M1060's and my listening preferences.

And that's some good news about B&H, I did a live chat earlier and they also confirmed a black vegan shipment "end of May". So if soundapproach.com ever ships me the browns (paid $80) I will just hold onto them for a bit to see if I can get a better deal from B&H.

May 17, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #3,959 of 8,051
And that's some good news about B&H, I did a live chat earlier and they also confirmed a black vegan shipment "end of May". So if soundapproach.com ever ships me the browns (paid $80) I will just hold onto them for a bit to see if I can get a better deal from B&H.

Just make sure their returnable. I remember one site specifically saying they could not be returned. I'm guessing that's after use, as they are meant to be glued on.

May 17, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #3,960 of 8,051
Just make sure their returnable. I remember one site specifically saying they could not be returned. I'm guessing that's after use, as they are meant to be glued on.

Yeah, I meant that I would hold onto them unused until the end of the month. That way if B&H comes through I can just get an easy refund from soundapproach.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back