Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Apr 24, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #3,076 of 8,051
Damn it I already ordered a MMCX balanced cable and I can't find any that looks like that connector on Venture Electronics / VECLAN, https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=8  , the HE-400 / PM-1 connector seems to be the closest but I wouldn't think it would fit? 

Apr 24, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #3,077 of 8,051

When you get ahold of your pair (assuming today if you are picking them up at their warehouse) would you confirm or deny the new cup connector? One post from a guy on reddit with no pictures hardly instills confidence. :)

Yeah I can definitely do that, hopefully I make it there before they close but I might try to leave work early so I can go grab it. 

Apr 24, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #3,078 of 8,051
  Damn it I already ordered a MMCX balanced cable and I can't find any that looks like that connector on Venture Electronics / VECLAN, https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=8  , the HE-400 / PM-1 connector seems to be the closest but I wouldn't think it would fit? 

I would hold off ordering a cable until we at least have pictures of the new connector/cable.

Apr 24, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #3,079 of 8,051
  https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/67bt05/monolith_1060_25_connection/

at least they fixed one of the biggest complaints they had.

"Okay so here is what I have gathered. Metal grills fixed, no more razer blades. 2.5 connectors. They added an adapter for headphone amps. The gadgets that adjust the headband is fixed, no more scraping metal."

so... seems like most of the glaring issues are taken cared of?  now I wonder the owners of the first batch would get to swap for 2nd batch?

Apr 24, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #3,080 of 8,051
looks like they solved the biggest issue and went with a 2.5 jack , the wood is no issue and the head bend neither (atleast how i see it)

I forgot to mention that I also spent over $400 today for a new laptop which I needed more than another set of headphones.

For kicks, I added one to my cart along with a cheap audio cable to try to get the bring20 20% discount. Couldn't get it to work so I guess the headphones don't qualify for the discount.

Apr 24, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #3,082 of 8,051
I just got an email from Monoprice telling me the M1060 are back in stock. Ha! Better late than never, I guess.

Apr 24, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #3,083 of 8,051
Hey guys, I've been waiting to order the m1060's for a few weeks now and when I finally got to checkout I realized my country isn't on the shipping list. I have a friend who's in San Francisco for two more weeks. You think that's enough time for him the receive them? I'm not really sure if there's going to be a waiting period like in group buys or they already have them in stock and ready to ship.

Apr 24, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #3,084 of 8,051
  Hey guys, I've been waiting to order the m1060's for a few weeks now and when I finally got to checkout I realized my country isn't on the shipping list. I have a friend who's in San Francisco for two more weeks. You think that's enough time for him the receive them? I'm not really sure if there's going to be a waiting period like in group buys or they already have them in stock and ready to ship.

They are in stock and ready to ship, ~240 available currently.

Apr 24, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #3,085 of 8,051

I'm sure that's plenty of time. Monoprice is So Cal so that's literally 2-3 days shipping time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back