Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Apr 24, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #3,061 of 8,051
RojasTKD, (IMHO) I believe you just sent in one of the best sounding and tasteful YouTube clips in the entire thread!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK5Z2FkEuGg

I have a hard time getting over the fact that this sound is YouTube quality, which means it is a recording of the highest order.

But let us not be hasty, do you have any MORE recordings that we can sample, just to make absolutely doubly sure that this is a headphone you will like?

Thanks, by the way, you will not be disappointed.

Apr 24, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #3,063 of 8,051
  I've seen a lot of amp recommendations in this thread but they all seemed to be commercial ones - does anyone have a recommendation of a DIY amp that would be very high quality and geared toward driving planars?  I have investigated The Wire and the Objective 2 a few years ago, but not sure if those are the best nowadays or if there's been some improvement since I last looked.   If there were one good for driving both dynamic and planars that would be great, but if I had to pick I'd rather make one geared toward planars than have the final product suffer.

For reference, I have the solid state Monoprice DAC/AMP combo and a Schiit Fulla 2 at the moment, but I am open to higher price points.

I am waiting my digikey parts for building this portable Class A Single Ended amp

http://www.head-fi.org/t/833106/new-diy-altoids-tin-amp-the-class-a-wintergreen-handwarmer-by-xrk971

according to its designer, @xrk971  this portable DIY Class A Single Ended amp can output 260mW at 50ohm.

will report back on their synergy.

Apr 24, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #3,067 of 8,051
Someone on reddit posted that it comes with a 2.5mm cable now. It also looks like the stock photo on the website looks different.

Apr 24, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #3,070 of 8,051
Going to resist the temptation and wait for confirmation that the QC issues have been remedied.

Apr 24, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #3,072 of 8,051
Someone on reddit posted that it comes with a 2.5mm cable now. It also looks like the stock photo on the website looks different.

What?! I just decided to put in an order with impact cable for a custom cable! Or do you mean a longer 2.5m cable? What's different about the stock photo, looks the same as it always has?

Apr 24, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #3,075 of 8,051
  Nice! damn mine is for will call pick up and still not ready :frowning2: maybe I am further down the line. 

When you get ahold of your pair (assuming today if you are picking them up at their warehouse) would you confirm or deny the new cup connector? One post from a guy on reddit with no pictures hardly instills confidence. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back