Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Apr 20, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #2,896 of 8,051
Thinking very seriously about the M1060s. Anyone know how they compare to the Audeze El-8 open back cans? Would they be equivalent or better as an all arounder for various genres? Thanks.

Apr 20, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #2,897 of 8,051
Hm, so I have the opportunity to buy a set of second hand pre-fazor LCD 2.2 for the same price as the M1060+tax/shipping/mids will cost me. Warranty is basically down the drain for both options, considering the hassle of international returns for the M1060's and that the warranty of the LCD had expired.

I'm thinking these would perhaps have a better sound signature for me than the M1060, since I want more sub bass and less treble from my HD650's?

Using a neutral Jotunheim amp.

Apr 20, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #2,900 of 8,051
Can anyone tell me how the 1060 compares to the HE400i or HE400S? I haven't been able to find the information anywhere. Thanks!

It's been covered in this thread hundreds of times. Short answer, M1060 is better, especially with Vegan pads and paper towel mod.

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:38 PM Post #2,901 of 8,051
  Can anyone tell me how the 1060 compares to the HE400i or HE400S? I haven't been able to find the information anywhere. Thanks!

I just received some used 400s cans today. I was hoping that with the HM5 Brainwavz pads they would come close enough to the 1060's I returned. Nope. Very nice overall, actually better for the most part I think ... but not the low end of the 1060. Going up for sale.  

Apr 21, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #2,903 of 8,051
Monoprice site is saying they are expecting headphones in stock today the "21st". We will see. Anxious to get my replacement pair. Had my first pair for three weeks and loved them. Hopefully, this pair will be with me for the long haul.

Apr 21, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #2,904 of 8,051
I'll get the m1060 for sure...

I'm not sure about the dac/amp :/ I've read some good opinions on the dac/amp monoprice #11567, but not so many to make it a blind pick.

Sadly, my budget is tight, around u$s100 for dac/amp. 

Will be good to start at least? I'll get a better dac and amp in the future probably but not now.

I think it will drive the m1060 properly.

Any opinions?

thanks
cya 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 21, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #2,905 of 8,051

I'm not sure about the dac/amp :/ I've read some good opinions on the dac/amp monoprice #11567, but not so many to make it a blind pick.

Will be good to start at least? I'll get a better dac and amp in the future probably but not now.

Any opinions?

thanks
cya :)
schiit fulla 2. It has some problems when around wireless devices (phones, pc mouse) which causes hissing, as reported. Other than that it's super clean, exactly your price point, and will power the m1060s without a problem

Apr 21, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #2,906 of 8,051

Any opinions?

thanks
cya :)

Check the classifieds here as well. May get a decent setup cheap

Apr 21, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #2,907 of 8,051
schiit fulla 2. It has some problems when around wireless devices (phones, pc mouse) which causes hissing, as reported. Other than that it's super clean, exactly your price point, and will power the m1060s without a problem

Yeah I saw the schiit fulla 2 reviews and are positive, but i saw this article http://www.verumsonus.com/100-dacamp-shootout/ and he said this: "For example, someone preferring a slightly warmer signature and looking for an amplifier to pair with planar magnetic headphones, I would likely recommend the MDA (monoprice dac amp).  For someone with a dynamic headphone looking for a more balanced signature, I would likely recommend the Fulla 2."

I know that this is always subjetive, but I like the idea of a warmer sound and maybe not that flat like the fulla 2 (that says this article)

Dunno :/

Check the classifieds here as well. May get a decent setup cheap

I would like to order from the forum, but it is hard for me, I'm from Argentina and I usuarlly order on amazon or trusted sellers to a deposit of a contact who then gets the stuff to my country.

Apr 21, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #2,909 of 8,051

Yeah I saw the schiit fulla 2 reviews and are positive, but i saw this article http://www.verumsonus.com/100-dacamp-shootout/ and he said this: "For example, someone preferring a slightly warmer signature and looking for an amplifier to pair with planar magnetic headphones, I would likely recommend the MDA (monoprice dac amp).  For someone with a dynamic headphone looking for a more balanced signature, I would likely recommend the Fulla 2."

I know that this is always subjetive, but I like the idea of a warmer sound and maybe not that flat like the fulla 2 (that says this article)

Dunno :/

I would like to order from the forum, but it is hard for me, I'm from Argentina and I usuarlly order on amazon or trusted sellers to a deposit of a contact who then gets the stuff to my country.

You might be overthinking this as it sounds like the M1060 is pretty easy to drive well and nobody has really reported any "bad" pairings. It seems like things as budget as the FiiO E10k work fine. If you haven't budgeted for the Audeze Vegan pads, your money might be better spent there than on upgrading amps. It sounds like that is a more significant change than what you would get from budget amp differences. 

Apr 21, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #2,910 of 8,051
You might be overthinking this as it sounds like the M1060 is pretty easy to drive well and nobody has really reported any "bad" pairings. It seems like things as budget as the FiiO E10k work fine. If you haven't budgeted for the Audeze Vegan pads, your money might be better spent there than on upgrading amps. It sounds like that is a more significant change than what you would get from budget amp differences. 

lol you really got me, yeah ppl usually says that I overthink a lot... Well I want to be sure to spend the money on the right stuff, and it will my first u$s400 (without shipping costs) on HP and dac/amp, so I'm a bit worried to make a bad decision.

I'll probably order the vegan pads in the future.

I'll get the fulla 2 then. I like the concept of schiit products and the quality they seem to offer for the price.

Thanks a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back