Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Mar 13, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #2,071 of 8,051
In a month, stomach acid will damage the foam. Use a small philips and gently remove the grills, rinse them under a tap, pat them dry with a napkin and leave them to air dry. Remove the foam and give it a good rinse under a tap, pat between two napkins then let it air dry.
Lock it all away once it's dry and then you can re-assemble when you get home.
I'll have to tell my twin brother to this, it's just none of my family members are into audio like me, so when he says they sound "fine" that doesn't mean much really. I wonder if the warranty covers stomach acid/electrical vomit damage... T_T

Thanks.

Mar 13, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #2,072 of 8,051
That sucks at-least he didn't get it inside your PC, that would been a lot worst.Looks like its time to add an lock to your door, one where you have to open it with an key, or maybe thumb print or and eye scanner.

Mar 13, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #2,073 of 8,051
So I just got some terrible news... my mom told me my sick little brother was found playing in my room a couple minutes ago, and somehow one way or another he got vomit on my m1060's... I'm out of town working for a month so I can't see the damages, but she says most of it was cleaned up and my other brother tested it and said it sounded fine. She also said some of it got on to the foam behind the grills, and since she doesn't want to break it (neither do i) she won't remove it to get all of it off. I'm just wondering if the foam can absorb some of it and change the sound , or can the acids overtime ruin it? I'm probably thinking way to hard on this, but Jesus Christ I only had 3 days with these glass canons!(my new nickname for them)

Hmmmm .... How did it get inside the protective storage case the cans came in and get stored in when you leave them for a month ?? :wink: 

Mar 13, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #2,074 of 8,051
I left it on its headphone mount next to my desk. This has taught me a valuable lesson, keep all expensive electronics locked up in a cellar some where, far away from acid spitting siblings. I could only imagine if it got on my tube amp...

Mar 13, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #2,075 of 8,051
So I just got some terrible news... my mom told me my sick little brother was found playing in my room a couple minutes ago, and somehow one way or another he got vomit on my m1060's... I'm out of town working for a month so I can't see the damages, but she says most of it was cleaned up and my other brother tested it and said it sounded fine. She also said some of it got on to the foam behind the grills, and since she doesn't want to break it (neither do i) she won't remove it to get all of it off. I'm just wondering if the foam can absorb some of it and change the sound , or can the acids overtime ruin it? I'm probably thinking way to hard on this, but Jesus Christ I only had 3 days with these glass canons!(my new nickname for them)

Yikes, that can't be good for the planar or the foam. Hopefully it's more on the pads or the headband. I know from having kids, it's hard to get that vomit smell out once it sets. Good luck

Mar 13, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #2,076 of 8,051
So I just got some terrible news... my mom told me my sick little brother was found playing in my room a couple minutes ago, and somehow one way or another he got vomit on my m1060's...

I hope he wasn't a reviewer?

Mar 13, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #2,077 of 8,051
  The main thing holding me back on changing the pads is my worry about something breaking (wood cups cracking,connector issue). If I have to send them back the new pads would make it more of a headache. Ripping the Vegan pads off and putting the stock back on seems like a pain. I will consider it in the future but right now the 1060 sounds great as is.

I just installed the Vegan pads.  It couldn't have been easier and took less then 5 minutes.  All you need to do is peel the old pads off and stick the Vegans on.  You can use the same adhesive.  None of the adhesive stuck to the stock pads.  Reversing the process should be just as easy.  The adhesive rings that come with the Vegan pads are really not needed.

Mar 13, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #2,079 of 8,051
  I just installed the Vegan pads.  It couldn't have been easier and took less then 5 minutes.  All you need to do is peel the old pads off and stick the Vegans on.  You can use the same adhesive.  None of the adhesive stuck to the stock pads.  Reversing the process should be just as easy.  The adhesive rings that come with the Vegan pads are really not needed.

I was just considering getting the Vegan pads when they are back in stock. I'm glad to hear that they're not difficult to install. I think I may go for them now.

Mar 13, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #2,080 of 8,051

They come with adhesive rings ?! mine did not (from B&H)

Mar 13, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #2,081 of 8,051

I hope he wasn't a reviewer?

LOL, that's tragic but I couldn't resist the laughs reading it 
dt880smile.png

Mar 13, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #2,083 of 8,051

Thank you !!! I was fearful myself, but you pushed me over the edge. Do I hear 2 minutes ?? :)  And yes, mine cam with the rings as well, but not needed. AND ... they do make 'the' difference I was hoping for. Peaks? Ghandi !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back