Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Feb 28, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #1,156 of 8,051

Except, the website reflects the change. Do the people in this thread really think someone made a phony Monoprice rep account just to reassure people about a change that was already corrected?

They already changed it once without notice. What makes you think they can't have another "technical" glitch. I prefer to have at least a personal email sent to me; speculation aside.

Another thing. Most companies have warranty registration and confirmation. I don't want to rely on a person saying they will "earmark" my order; then go to lunch and forget it. Can you prove this person actually did this?

Feb 28, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #1,158 of 8,051
I just got mine. A  quick 20 minute impression is the Bass is better than my HIfiman HE-400I and they ar very comfortable. The cable is going to have to go . The finish on the wood on one side doesn't match . I will post more impressions and pictures of the finish differrence. 

Thanks Monoprice for going back to the orginal warranty period . This shows alot to the Head-Fi community that you are a quality company that will build trust here and of course grow your sales.

I was Initially  considering returning these but I will have to use them for a couple of weeks to give it more of  a test drive. They are easier to drive then HE-400I  using the exact same amp Blackbird SR-71B and thats even on the unbalanced out which is lower power out. 

Nicer bass then my HE-400I , more  thoughts later.  

Feb 28, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #1,159 of 8,051

That's awesome/crazy! What AMEX do you have? My credit cards will extend a warranty 1-3 years but not to exceed 5 years from original purchase date. In this case the extension won't do anything for me since it's already at 5 years except that I can appeal to the CC company should the vendor claim the product defect is due to wear and tear (some cards will cover this, many don't).

Which card if you don't mind me asking? Because even Chase's high $450 annual fee Sapphire Reserve only gives you one more year and thats if the original warranty is LESS than 3 years.

Extended Warranty Protection extends the time period of the original manufacturer’s written U.S. repair warranty by one (1) additional year on eligible warranties of three (3) years or less, up to a maximum of ten thousand ($10,000.00) dollars per claim, and a fifty thousand ($50,000.00) dollars maximum per Account. 

I know AMEX is the same way. Only reason why I ask is because I definitely want to get the card you have if they give you an additional 5!

Amex Gold preferred ($175 a year)

Extended Warranty♦ is an embedded benefit of your Card Membership and requires no enrollment. It can provide up to one extra year added to an original U.S. manufacturer's warranty of five years or less when you use your Card on new eligible purchases.

Normally that would only make it 6 years (still awesome!) but after rereading and calling back to confirm the "double warranty" they told me was while the page was displaying the false "1 year warranty) so by doubling ti it would have been 2 years. Sorry for any confusion and misinformation my original post may have caused. Still like the 6 years though! anything beyond the 6 years i was told to call them, and they still might cover it if it is determined to be a manufacture defect. Never had to use it before, so not too sure if it would be upheld or not.

Feb 28, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #1,161 of 8,051
We, at Monoprice, wanted to issue an apology regarding the recent website error that had occurred around our Monolith M1060 Planar Headphones. As many of you may have noticed the warranty period for these headphones changed from a 5 year warranty to a 1 year warranty on our site.  This was systemic error with our website, which we have since corrected.  Rest assure the 5 year warranty is and will continue to be offered with this product. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused you, our customers.  Thank you for your continued business and support!

Sincerely,

Monoprice.com

Thank you.

Feb 28, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #1,163 of 8,051
Sounds like Monoprice needs to get their story straight. They told some people the warranty did change to 1 year initially, and now they are saying it was a website glitch?

I called as soon as I saw the change. The customer service lady I first talked to said 1 year because that's what she saw on the site. She didn't really know what was going on tho.

When the IT guy called he told me me they weren't sure what happened, they were looking into it more. He actually did tell me it may have been a glitch.

Not saying I believe it, but that is what he said.

Feb 28, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #1,164 of 8,051
  Absolutely. Called my CC company and they confirmed they would double it. 10 year warranty sounds mighty fine to me.

Quote:
  HAHA 10 year warranty ftw, that's hilarious.

They might be assuming you aren't still listening to this headphone 10 years from now. You will have upgraded to the 2060, 3060, 6060, 9060.....

Feb 28, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #1,165 of 8,051
Glad to see they're honoring the warranty. Next time just find out what's actually going on before getting grumpy over someone making a suggestion.

Feb 28, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #1,166 of 8,051
If anyone at Monoprice is still monitoring this thread, any idea when the M1060 will be back in stock?

Edit: I checked the website after posting this; it now gives an ETA of 4/12.

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #1,169 of 8,051
Will the second batch come as revised ones with different type of connectors?

It's possible but unlikely. That would take some major rengineering that they wouldn't be able to complete in a few weeks.

Feb 28, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #1,170 of 8,051
The M0160 is my first planar headphone so let me know if this issue is par for the course or not acceptable.

The right ear cup makes a crackling (sounds like a plastic candy wrapper) if I press on the cup (pressing air out and then letting air back in). It seems like the planar driver is being pushed in and out of place when adjusting the fit or if I move my head in such a way that the heavy weight of the headphones presses less or more against my head.

Some searching on Head-Fi seemed to bring up owners of Audeze LCD-3 headphones having a similar crackle in what turned out to be defective drivers. Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back