Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Feb 28, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #1,066 of 8,051
Wow, I missed a lot! The warranty change is wrong, period. You should stand by what you say. It's not an assumption, it was a fact that 5 years was the warranty up until they changed it.

Compared to other companies the 5 year warranty was a breath of fresh air but also seemed like a pipe dream. It will be interesting to see what Monoprice's response is.

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #1,073 of 8,051
For whoever needs proof, You can use the cache page from google and you can see they had 5yrs not to long ago.
If they ask google to remove the cache page, you can always use the internet way back machine

Monoprice, Do right by your customers and please honor it!

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #1,074 of 8,051
Contacted customer service, the manager is contacting the IT department to see what the fk happened. They got my phone number and email I am supposed to hear back from them soon. I'll post what I hear. Such BS.

I would have pushed harder but Im at work, can't be on the phone allll day. I was told I wouldn't have to pay return shipping if I want to send them back.

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #1,075 of 8,051
What the are you talking about?

This is not ENTITLEMENT. We all purchased a product under the assumption that the warranty was 5 years and now they switch it to one year on us. That is not entitlement. That is simply expecting what you were told when you purchased a product

How would you like it if you bought a car with a 10-year warranty and after you drove it off the lot they tell you the warranty has been changed to 3 years?

I'm not an attorney but I think that is called false advertising; mistake or not!
angry_face.gif

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #1,077 of 8,051

I'm not an attorney but I think that is called false advertising; mistake or not!
angry_face.gif

LET'S DO THIS THE AMERICAN WAY AND SUE, SUE, SUE!

I stand by the good ol days. Let your voice be heard, O wait, I am not important enough...

Society... What have we become... 

This is the new thing.... Because people don't matter any more.... 
frown.gif

I gues you are right, You can call this the New American Way.

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #1,078 of 8,051
Feb 28, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #1,079 of 8,051

LET'S DO THIS THE AMERICAN WAY AND SUE, SUE, SUE!
very_evil_smiley.gif

I'm not a litigious person but there are definitely more than 21+ impacted purchasers who I imagine would join in on a class action suit to get it past initial review. Just the threat of having a class, even before raising any actual legal actions, can be enough to get marketing/pr/legal departments in line to remedy. I don't think my box had any paper documentation in it (or on the box) regarding the warranty which is weird considering what most every other company does. I'll have to double check when I get home if no one else has already. 

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #1,080 of 8,051
For who ever needs it.

I have the pdf of the 5yr warranty. I cant attach it because it exceeds the 5MB limit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back