Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Feb 25, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #647 of 8,051
  The point is you can just wait a few days and see before jumping on it blindly.

Like by next week this time, there will be plenty of impressions and reviews on them from people here rather than the nothing that exists on them now.

I'm a little confused here. If we all took your advice, there wouldn't be any reviews!
confused_face(1).gif

Feb 25, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #650 of 8,051
Here are a couple of pictures of what I'm sure many of you wanted to see...

I removed the outer piece. there are 4 screws and beneath a foam pad is the driver.

(Click on the pictures to enlarge them!)

Maybe somebody can figure out what kind of driver this is...

I am not all that impressed with the internal build quality.  

Initial impressions of the sound are that it is bright and crisp and easy to drive.  It is comparable to my Hifiman HE400s in power requirements.

I will let them burn in for a while and see if the sound changes.

Feb 25, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #651 of 8,051
  Here are a couple of pictures of what I'm sure many of you wanted to see...

I removed the outer piece. there are 4 screws and beneath a foam pad is the driver.

Maybe somebody can figure out what kind of driver this is...

I am not all that impressed with the internal build quality.  

Initial impressions of the sound are that it is bright and crisp and easy to drive.  It is comparable to my Hifiman HE400s in power requirements.

I will let them burn in for a while and see if the sound changes.

Can the pads be removed?

Feb 25, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #660 of 8,051

These are very early impressions. The sound is crisp and bright. The low end is definitely not as good as my LCD2s, not even close.

That's actually helpful already, seeing as some thought these might possibly be competitive with the LCD2...

Do you have an HE-400i? That might be an interesting comparison as those are more in around the price range and are NOT known as being heavy in the low end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back