Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Aug 5, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #5,087 of 8,051
I just saw that DMS3 video and I'll try it out. Isn't difficult and shouldn't take very long to do. May still use paper towel mod, but maybe cut the size down a bit from 3". Have to listen to figure out what I like best.

Aug 5, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #5,090 of 8,051
Aug 6, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #5,091 of 8,051
I just saw that DMS3 video and I'll try it out. Isn't difficult and shouldn't take very long to do. May still use paper towel mod, but maybe cut the size down a bit from 3". Have to listen to figure out what I like best.

Dammit, I am curious now. Too bad I already stuck the leathers on with the double sided rings.

Aug 6, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #5,092 of 8,051
There are a lot of different mods I'm interested in for the real grill side, once my vegans come in.
For me just the vegans pads and cable swap is more than enough ,, TP mod is nice and give more air but miss a lot with the bass so i removed it ,
the Fazor mod is interesting but how big is the deference? i don't want remove my vegans pads and re-stick them again :frowning2:

Aug 6, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #5,093 of 8,051
So AFAIK, the Audeze vegan pads are discontinued. I've tried sending Monoprice a suggestion for a new item on their website for a potential ear pad replacement here. (Under tech support > Suggest a new product)

But I simply got a canned response from them.

I was hoping if we could start making it known to their team that a vegan pad style pad is a product we really want, they'll make a serious effort to put it out. Let's make Monoprice know we want to support their Monolith line and improve it as well!

Aug 6, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #5,094 of 8,051
So AFAIK, the Audeze vegan pads are discontinued. I've tried sending Monoprice a suggestion for a new item on their website for a potential ear pad replacement here. (Under tech support > Suggest a new product)

I was hoping if we could start making it known to their team that a vegan pad style pad is a product we really want, they'll make a serious effort to put it out. Let's make Monoprice know we want to support their Monolith line and improve it as well!
There are still online sellers, such as vintage king, but they'll run you for $100 now.

Aug 6, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #5,095 of 8,051
Dammit, I am curious now. Too bad I already stuck the leathers on with the double sided rings.
I'm doing it with lambskins instead of vegans. I pressed the adhesive rings to a cotton towel a great many times, so the pads should come off with little or no problem, and I still have an extra pair of rings. (By the way does anybody know where you can buy the rings?) This fuzzer mod makes more sense to me than the paper towel, at least for the sound I want. It seemed to me the paper towel made the M1060 more into a semi closed headphone, allowing more bass impact. But that's not what I was looking for. It looks like the felt in the fuzzer mod attenuates unwanted resonances on the ear side. Wouldn't those be greater than any resonances and reflections the grill might be causing on the other side of the magnet array?

Aug 6, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #5,096 of 8,051

plussoundaudio.com had them in stock. Someone had linked this on @DMS3 TV and are now sold out.

I'm doing it with lambskins instead of vegans. I pressed the adhesive rings to a cotton towel a great many times, so the pads should come off with little or no problem, and I still have an extra pair of rings. (By the way does anybody know where you can buy the rings?) This fuzzer mod makes more sense to me than the paper towel, at least for the sound I want. It seemed to me the paper towel made the M1060 more into a semi closed headphone, allowing more bass impact. But that's not what I was looking for. It looks like the felt in the fuzzer mod attenuates unwanted resonances on the ear side. Wouldn't those be greater than any resonances and reflections the grill might be causing on the other side of the magnet array?

I stuck them straight on, even removed the stock adhesive. I contacted Audeze about replacements but they will only supply extras if you own a pair of headphones. I did but a roll of thin double sided tape from amazon for cheap.

Aug 6, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #5,097 of 8,051
Since I removed the stock adhesive I am able to remove the Audeze leathers with the adhesive ring only sticking to the pads. Going to try this mod.

Aug 7, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #5,100 of 8,051
Just bought these. Cant find the audeze vegan pads anywhere and am new to the modding scene. Would these work? Any other options out there?
https://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-An...rd_wg=puS4j&psc=1&refRID=0T2PRRVVD0D4HW8HG09X

I think those pads might end up being too small for the M1060. I have the HM5 hybrid pads and they're too small for the M1060. I've been tempted to try the XL round pads from Brainwavz but I don't have the spare cash to buy them. I like my Velpads but other people don't like them as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back