Monoprice Hi-Fi DJ Style Headphone Review
Jan 31, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #166 of 273
DJ tech. eDJ pro from world famous Chris Garcia..

Because it has these flashy colors. You get to pay $100. For them. Why do I have a feeling these are exactly the same as the MP cans. Call me crazy.

Jan 31, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #167 of 273
Ayup, that's them. :D

Jan 31, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #168 of 273
Got my Monoprice 8323's today and I love them. Great Isolation very non fatiguing and I don't find the pleather sweaty at all.
They don't have the sub-bass of my Superlux HD668B's nor the bright treble. They don't have the detail and comfort of my Senns. They are just so much fun and sound great. For 20 bucks like my JVC air cushions I am completely happy and not crushed like the Pannie HTF-600's.

Feb 2, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #169 of 273
Well I too took the plunge and got my 8323. It's burning in now to some pink noise. I did a quick listening test against my older plantronics gaming mic/headset and WOW what a difference. much more detailed and distinct (for me anyways). Not to much bass, but a good sound. (not a basshead)

I'm on my second day of burning in and would like to get one to two more days. I hope to do the "facial pad" modification ASAP. (Got lots of daughters, 3, so those things try to multiply around my house :) )

Thanks for all the adfvice and pointers!!!

Feb 3, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #170 of 273
Any1 got a spare of the more slim cable they don't need, I'd gladly take/buy it from you. Need it for Q40 headphones.

Feb 3, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #171 of 273

Quote:
Got my Monoprice 8323's today and I love them. Great Isolation very non fatiguing and I don't find the pleather sweaty at all.
They don't have the sub-bass of my Superlux HD668B's nor the bright treble. They don't have the detail and comfort of my Senns. They are just so much fun and sound great. For 20 bucks like my JVC air cushions I am completely happy and not crushed like the Pannie HTF-600's.

Where in Canada did you get these?

Feb 3, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #172 of 273
Monoprice, I had to order some cables at the same time. Ordering from Monoprice is one the most painless experiences from a USA retailer I have had the pleasure of having. Plus the amount you pay for shipping you would have still spent twice on the cables from a local retailer.

Quote:
Where in Canada did you get these?

Feb 3, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #173 of 273

Quote:
Monoprice, I had to order some cables at the same time. Ordering from Monoprice is one the most painless experiences from a USA retailer I have had the pleasure of having.

I like how when you buy a tiny cable they don't charge you $7 for shipping. They'll actually charge you as little as $2 if the item is small enough.

Their cables are pretty good too. I'm using a Monoprice cable going from my DAC to amp. They have some similarities to Canare, but without the rolled off highs.

Feb 4, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #174 of 273
They don't seem to have a corresponding cable that comes with Monoprice 8323 though :frowning2: Seriously I'd really need this cable! Not so keen ordering a headphone I wouldn't end up using just for a cable.

Feb 4, 2012 at 5:17 AM Post #175 of 273
Any places in europe that sells these? From the monoprice site it would cost me $65 in shipping LOL. I just need the cables man and they both would be perfect, one for the headphone and the other has suitable length to go between the amp and source. If I lived in the US buying these headphones for the sake of cables would make perfect sense, I mean $21.59 for 2x decent stereo cables plus you might get some fun out of trying a new headphone at the same time, win-win. :p I would pay $20 shipped to Finland for the cables alone! 

Feb 8, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #176 of 273
Glad to see these cans getting a lot of attention. @ DSnuts, they're the same can.

I posted on the DJ Tech Pro facebook lol'ing at them for rebranding the headphone with flashier colours. They deleted my comment. :p

On another note, I played a massive with DJ Tech Pro sponsoring the event. Their gear is cheap feeling.

Feb 14, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #177 of 273
Any1 willing to do me a favor since I don't live in US, I want those bundled cables with these headphones, I'm willing to pay $20 shipped to Finland for those alone, don't need the headphone! I'm getting desperate here, I just paid $20 for nothing when ordering 2 cables which didn't quite fit, don't want to do that mistake again, these 2 cables would be perfect. I've looked everywhere for a pair of suitable stereo cables but can't seem to find any suitable ones, these however would fit perfectly.

Feb 14, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #178 of 273

Quote:
Any1 willing to do me a favor since I don't live in US, I want those bundled cables with these headphones, I'm willing to pay $20 shipped to Finland for those alone, don't need the headphone! I'm getting desperate here, I just paid $20 for nothing when ordering 2 cables which didn't quite fit, don't want to do that mistake again, these 2 cables would be perfect. I've looked everywhere for a pair of suitable stereo cables but can't seem to find any suitable ones, these however would fit perfectly.

You could just order from monoprice directly to buy some 3.5mm stereo cables.

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #179 of 273

Quote:
You could just order from monoprice directly to buy some 3.5mm stereo cables.

Well there's 2 problems

1. I'm from europe and the shipping costs from monoprice site to Finland isn't reasonable. Would be like $5 or something by airmail by a private person but they wanted $65 in shipping for the Monoprice DJ headphones! lol 

2. I didn't see those similar cables being sold there separately that's bundled with the headphones, I need very specific cables and those Monoprice DJ headphone bundled cables meet both criterias:

The thin cable would go perfectly between amp and the headphone, the other would be perfect between the amp and source. 

Yea such a PITA design dilemma indeed! I'm actually shocked how difficult it is to find suitable stereo cables! lol Either the plugs are too fat (most common) or they lack the tiny ring around the base of the connector. Should be mentioned I also don't want kevlar reinforced cables because the Q40 headphones picks up the sound of cable rubbing against clothes almost like it were a mic, otherwise V-Moda's cable had worked but then again I tried the cable that came with V-Moda LP2 and thought it really must be of very bad quality as my Q40 sounded a lot worse with it, there was a lack of resolution and presence in the high frequencies (doesn't suprise me as the LP2s also sounded very recessed in the highs, seems the cable is partly to blame that for)

Why o why can't they just sell longer versions of those standard thin cables that's bundled with like every portable amp like for example FiiOs, not every1 is looking for "fat" cables lol. 

Feb 16, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #180 of 273
Any1? $20 if a good deal for 2 cheap cables when you can get new ones from Monoprice for like 2~$3. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back