*** MonoPrice DJ Headphones 8323 Review ***
Jun 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #16 of 73
Quote:
I have ordered some.
Will post a review when they get here.
btw, what is Crossfeed?

When some of the stereo left channel plays inside the right side, and some of the right audio plays inside of the left.  Usually makes for a more complete sound out in front of you, center image is more complete but at the cost of the presentation being dimmed and more distant.  Some headphones benefit from this, most don't. 

Jul 6, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #17 of 73
When you say the "unit" was dusty and scratched, do you mean the product itself, or the box? Because if you received a pair of dusty and scratched headphones, that's unacceptable and knowing they may repackage used products and sell them as new seriously gives me second doubts as to ordering from them.

Jul 6, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #18 of 73
I mentioned the headphone itself was scratched up and covered in dust.  The box was fine, the headphone was in bad shape.  LOL@ good and caring customer care over at Monoprice.  I lol'ed at that one.

Jul 6, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #19 of 73
I can vouch that this is one of the best budget headphones I've purchased. They aren't perfect, but you get way, way more than you'd expect for the price. I was very pleasantly surprised! They also respond well to basic mods.

Aug 12, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #22 of 73
First off, I agree these are fantastic headphones.   After reading several articles, I purchased a pair a few months back and have been very pleased with their overall sound quality.

Rather than purchasing directly from Monoprice, I purchased my  8323's from amazon because I had a credit owed to me.

After about two months or listening enjoyment, the plastic piece that connects the headstrap to right headphone speaker cracked in half and I could not use them.  The speaker hung down and would not grip my ear..Basically they were inoperable. 

I originally wrote to Monorprice but they were somewhat reluctant to help me, we traded several emails back and fourth until they (monoprice) came to the conclusion that they were not going to help me because I did not purchase my 8323s directly from them.   However, the amazon seller replaced them for me for free, no questions asked so I was happy to get my new headphones.   Amazingly they did not even require me to send back the broken ones and simply sent me a new pair.  All I had to do was send them a photo of the damaged headphones and we were good to go.  Sweet!

In the end, I love the Monoprice 8323 and also own the in-ear 8320s which are amazing $7.00 earbuds.  Yes, I said $7.00....   My only complaint about my Monoprice customer experience is that their service reps could of easily redirected me back to my original amazon seller rather than having me trade 7+ emails over the course of a week to conclude that they could not help me.   In my opinion, they could of  told me this up front and saved me the email headache.  

In the end I am still very happy with these headphones, their sound quality, and the Monoprice brand.  

Aug 14, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #23 of 73
nice cans and iems..

just had them yesterday! and all i can say that the SQ of these items are really amazing! the cans are easily driven by my iPod Classic w/o any issues :wink:

SQ: 8.5/10
Built: 7/10
Comfort: 7/10

not bad for a cheap can and iem :wink:

also recommended for Bassheads! d-.-b

Sep 17, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #24 of 73
Can anyone tell me if they are good for classical? By my research these seem to be good for the other genres I listen to, but there isn't much info about how they sound with classical.

Sep 19, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #26 of 73
Quote:
How do these sound compared to srh 840s or jvc harx 700s?

Not sure about the SRH. I don't know how the 700's are compared to the Monos. But I know that they have pretty much identical sound signatures.

I think we should make a name for the JVC HARX700's, the Panasonic RP HTF600-S and the Monoprice since they all sound similar.

JVC  has the best comfort
Mono has best build
Pannies have the best sound (I think)

Sep 24, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #27 of 73
Just received my set today, with the gold-plated mobile cable they sell, at the reccomendation of some others who have purchased these cans.

The seperation is decent, the bass has some great kick, overall: Amazing for around $30 (shipped, including cable).

The ONLY real issue is the comfort. Ten minutes in, my ears are a little warm. However, DT250 Velour pads and a new headband should arrive tomorrow. 
MIGHT go about some of the mods, though don't really have the necessary materials on hand just yet. :p

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #28 of 73
Okay what the heck is EQ and SQ and all that...
But most importantly what is Crossfeed and what did you mean the cables are bad :frowning2: I thought this pair of headphones were awesome til this review soured me on the whole thing.

Oct 26, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #29 of 73
Okay what the heck is EQ and SQ and all that...
But most importantly what is Crossfeed and what did you mean the cables are bad :frowning2: I thought this pair of headphones were awesome til this review soured me on the whole thing.

the cable is removable so you can use any 3.5mm patch cable.

SQ is Sound Quality, EQ is equalization (bass boost, treble boost and such), crossfeed is when your source can send some right channel into left and vice versa for a more natural presentation. Some software can do this, some amps do it.

Get these headphones, the cable doesnt make a huge change, and get the DT250 earpads if you find them uncomfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back