*** MonoPrice DJ Headphones 8323 Review ***
Mar 13, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #62 of 73
I have a clone of the 8323. Whilst reading this thread I pulled out my Bingle "Denmark" B-850-M to give them a listen after a session with some very old punk rock on the JVC HA-S500 and these do not suck. Not much of a soundstage, instrument dimensionality isn't really there, instrument location is a fuzzy blob disc somewhere over there, but tone is warm and good and harmonically it's ok considering that I paid $24 for the pair. The 850-M compare favourably to the S500 and in fact share many similarities.

I usually listen to volume at 7am to 9am, but wanted to see how this scaled up so on Shoot to Thrill by AC/DC I got them as high as 12 noon before my ears said 'enough'. The headphones could hand the volume, my ears could not.

I put my valve amp up up to 5pm, max volume, with the cans off my head sitting on the shelf. Clear and clean like a speaker. I never listen to anything above 10am when I have the cans on my head, so this was waaaay louder than I would ever listen.

So, yeah, these would be a great pair of cans to rock out to at maximum volumes.

Don't expect any finesse or subtlety, however.
cool.gif

Thanks for comparing these to S500, which I enjoy. But the S500 have quite much leakage. How it the leakage one these?

Mar 16, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #64 of 73
Would these be a good beater pair for when I can't/don't want to use my NAD Viso HP50's?  Of course I'm not expecting the same sound quailty, I just don't want a massive difference.

To answer ur question yes they are good beater headphone. To answer ur statement, no theres quite a dffference imo. Their nowhere near as refined. Bass is looser, treble less extension and less control. Mids are more forward. Soundstage much more compressed

In a nutshell the hp50 are 2-3 leagues above.

Theses monoprice are good for their price but they can compete with ur viso

Oct 20, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #65 of 73
Three questions:
How they compare with in ear headphones such as the Vsonic GR06?

Can a sansa clip plus drive those headphones?

Does anyone know of a seller that offer international shipping in a decent price?

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #67 of 73
  Three questions:
How they compare with in ear headphones such as the Vsonic GR06?

Can a sansa clip plus drive those headphones?

Does anyone know of a seller that offer international shipping in a decent price?

to answer #2 (these guys can easily run off that i imagine) just needs a bit more volume! same with off my ipod touch 4th gen

3) you can just purchase them off www.monoprice.com the shipping i thought to canada was pretty reasonable. how much does it say for you?

Oct 21, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #68 of 73

to answer #2 (these guys can easily run off that i imagine) just needs a bit more volume! same with off my ipod touch 4th gen

3) you can just purchase them off www.monoprice.com the shipping i thought to canada was pretty reasonable. how much does it say for you?

About $40.

Oct 22, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #69 of 73
I got these cans and put on some velour pads and a headband cover (for comfort). The new ear pads are somewhat larger and WAY more comfortable. The bass and clarity was improved in my opinion. I now hear sounds that I was unaware of with other phones. Ambient background sounds especially.

Sep 6, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #72 of 73
I got the monoprice 8323 recently. The headband is a pain for bigger heads. Only the topmost about 3 inches middle part is flexibile/bendable material. So it makes that weird inverted cup shape (as is mentioned in many youtube reviews). Bass is boomy (kind of on par with the porta pro but the pp bass is "cleaner"). To me the frequency curve seems to be a U / V where bass and treble are higher and mids recessed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back