Monoprice 8323 Vs. PANASONIC RP-HTF600
Apr 7, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #18 of 26
My advice is to get the Panasonics.  Although I don't own the Monoprice or the Samsons, I do own the Panasonics.  Give them time to burn in and they're phenomenal.  Make a few mods and they sound better than headphones 4x their price.  Also.  They have comfort over the Monoprices (from what I've read).  That's a big factor.  Mods open up the sound-stage as well as enhance the bass.  Pair that with burn-in and you have some of the greatest budget gaming headphones you could wish for.  And if you'd like advice on modding, just PM me :)  Best of luck!

Apr 7, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #19 of 26
I haven't heard the others, but the Superlux HD668B Dynamic Semi-Open Headphones are the cheapest cans that I have heard that are worth listening to on an extended basis.  There are reason why they are rated #13 at this site among all cans in all price ranges.  See:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/category/over-ear

Apr 7, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #20 of 26
i have the panasonics and for $30 they would be very hard to beat...i have a list of things that i dont like about them but for the price they are exceptional..

the panasonics will be very good for your needs.  A++on gaming and movies plus they are very clear and detailed in the mids and highs with heavy bass so r&b would do well. 

it took me a while and a few more expensive headphone purchases to really enjoy these phones.  they are uncomfortable to me for long periods(more than 2 hours) but that is inherent in the around-the-ear design more than a problem with the headphones.  the cheap padding is the most annoying part and that can be replaced.

Apr 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #21 of 26
i have the panasonics and for $30 they would be very hard to beat...i have a list of things that i dont like about them but for the price they are exceptional..

the panasonics will be very good for your needs.  A++on gaming and movies plus they are very clear and detailed in the mids and highs with heavy bass so r&b would do well. 

it took me a while and a few more expensive headphone purchases to really enjoy these phones.  they are uncomfortable to me for long periods(more than 2 hours) but that is inherent in the around-the-ear design more than a problem with the headphones.  the cheap padding is the most annoying part and that can be replaced.

Yeah i have the pannys now. I LOVE THEM. I am 100% sure i made the right choice. One question what mods are speaking of? I like the pleather padsso velour pads are out.

Apr 8, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #22 of 26
I haven't done any of the more complicated mods yet, but the three mods I have done have helped the sound-signature tremendously. 

The first mod is the hardest. 
1.  remove the pads.
2.  Pry open the headphones (there are four clips holding it in.  These are the darker-grey ones.  Not the light grey.  Use a screw-driver or knife to pull one back and you should be good from there)
3.  Remove this foam. 
4.  Reassemble your cans.

This second mod is the easiest by far.
1.  Stuff paper towls in the ear-pads.
There is no step 2.

The last mod is equally easy. 
Burn them in.
The difference with these cans is the difference between night and day.
If you think they sounded good out of the box... boy are you in for a surprise!  :wink:

If you follow these three (relatively) easy steps, you should end up with some of best headphones that $30 can buy. 
The bass will put just about anything with $100 of the Panasonic's to shame.

Apr 8, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #23 of 26
Yea I believe I was the first person to try remove that foam and I did think it made it better sounding but only if covering the openings partially back. If not covering at all, leaving all those 4 small holes open, it sounded a bit too dark and reverby IMO (lows and lower-mids slightly emphasized and highs somewhat more recessed). Covering like this made it optimal sounding to my ears (you can obviously use tape on the inside, I just used blutak from the outside to easily find out the optimal config). Covering it completely makes it brighter, to my ears suitably bright really but it kills the bass response and soundstage so the best compromise was partially covering them.

Apr 8, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #25 of 26
I haven't done any of the more complicated mods yet, but the three mods I have done have helped the sound-signature tremendously. 

The first mod is the hardest. 
1.  remove the pads.
2.  Pry open the headphones (there are four clips holding it in.  These are the darker-grey ones.  Not the light grey.  Use a screw-driver or knife to pull one back and you should be good from there)
3.  Remove this foam. 
4.  Reassemble your cans.

This second mod is the easiest by far.
1.  Stuff paper towls in the ear-pads.
There is no step 2.

The last mod is equally easy. 
Burn them in.
The difference with these cans is the difference between night and day.
If you think they sounded good out of the box... boy are you in for a surprise!  :wink:

If you follow these three (relatively) easy steps, you should end up with some of best headphones that $30 can buy. 
The bass will put just about anything with $100 of the Panasonic's to shame.

I am still burning them in.( maybe about 8 hours total) and i did the paper towel mod and the sound stage is very big now!

Apr 14, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #26 of 26
im playing mass effect 3 with my sony xb500's, i also listen to r&b and dancehall with them, love em, at 50 dollar range i think its most bang for your buck plus its ridiculously comfortable, you tend to forget you even have them on after a while lol

wouldnt go outside with them tho, maybe in the winter time to have them double up as earmuffs, i plan on getting the monoprice 8323's in a few weeks tho, so i'll let you know which i find to be better for gaming

Users who are viewing this thread

Back