Monolith M300 In Ear Planar Earphones
Oct 26, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #346 of 659
The ones that came with iSines I initially went for the hooks, but gave the rubber inserts a try.

On the rubber inserts the thicker front end point slides into a slit in your ears on the top(and the rest is suppose to provide additional support to keep in place on the concaved area around the canal insert portion), and this keeps it in place. It has to do with ear anatomy, and there's info out there on how to put it on properly. Once I figured it out, I preferred it.

I moved around with it in place and it didn't fall off. I don't know if the anatomy can be generalized to all ears.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #347 of 659
With the refund just clearing, that covers two impulse buys I recently made, a used Momentum 2 over ear missing a cable for 75 and a new Fiio Q1 mk ii for $72.

I'm a little sad the comfort didn't suit me, but I might just have oddly shaped ears. Hopefully either a revision will occur, or someone creative will come up with a solution.

Oct 29, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #350 of 659
I never had a reply from Monoprice, regarding breaking over ear clips. I requested a refund, but no reply, nothing. I would have been almost as happy, if they told me to take a jump/ get stuffed, BUT NOTHING/ZILCH!.
how long have you waited? I had to get an RMA for my headphones, (not the m300 but the m1060) a couple of months ago. I initially sent an email and the email was replied to 3 weeks later. After concluding that we needed to do an exchange, It took another 2 weeks before I got the shipping label to send my original pair back, but once that was done, everything else was pretty quick. 2 days to ship my product back and within 48 hours, my new pair was shipped out. Anyway, during this time, I spoke with the rep there and he did say it was getting a lot busier and they were getting really backed up and they were hiring new people to keep up with the demand. It took over a month for them to resolve my issue. I would wait and see what happens. or you can always give them a call. I would recommend calling them first thing in the morning when they open.

Oct 29, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #351 of 659
how long have you waited? I had to get an RMA for my headphones, (not the m300 but the m1060) a couple of months ago. I initially sent an email and the email was replied to 3 weeks later. After concluding that we needed to do an exchange, It took another 2 weeks before I got the shipping label to send my original pair back, but once that was done, everything else was pretty quick. 2 days to ship my product back and within 48 hours, my new pair was shipped out. Anyway, during this time, I spoke with the rep there and he did say it was getting a lot busier and they were getting really backed up and they were hiring new people to keep up with the demand. It took over a month for them to resolve my issue. I would wait and see what happens. or you can always give them a call. I would recommend calling them first thing in the morning when they open.
I will wait and see. Calling from Scotland, might be a bit expensive!!.

Oct 31, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #356 of 659
Money grubbing so_and_sos

Oct 31, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #357 of 659
Did any of you see audeze increased their price on the groovy kit to $ 50 for customers without proof of isine purchase lol. They are onto us!
Thx for that. Just went to website to verify. That's hilarious.

Nov 1, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #358 of 659
Did any of you see audeze increased their price on the groovy kit to $ 50 for customers without proof of isine purchase lol. They are onto us!
On a plus side, the accessory kit is still $25. Comes with 3 pairs of ear clips, the iSine earhooks (I want those) and 3 pairs of tips without grooves. From experience on the iSine the clips (over ear) are more comfortable than the Monolith ones. Those in ear hooks look MUCH more solid and easier to put in. Groovy tips didn't work for me, and I get more bass and wider soundstage/warmer presentation from included memory foam tips

Nov 4, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #359 of 659
So,it is not possible to have no hooks and yet still wear the M300? I was just thinking maybe a tight fitting ear piece might hold them with out hooks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back